Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family

Just wanted to talk about missing our loved ones an the memories we have of them.....i remember my dads moms house so well...its quite weird actually as i dream about it most nights!!! and i think of the mess im in now and she was so down to earth she would give me a good telling off and then help me sort it out!! i always remember her stories about the war she was a counter asst in woolworths at the time and during an air raid she got stuck in the lift with a rather dishy bloke...she said no more but can guess the rest...she was a swine...alltho very faithfull to my grandad...even then it took her quite a while to open up to me....god bless her....i can not express how much i love this woman who is no longer in my life and how much i regret not knowing her better in my older years x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Family

Lou, I have VERY found memories of my dad's mom as well. She was more of a mother to me than my own. I practically lived with her and my granddad when I was little. I was DEVASTATED when she passed on. My mother said I took it the hardest out of everyone. And it lasted for YEARS. I am so lucky to have had her and all of those memories will always be there.

Comment

Family

Acct..it is hard and its always gonna be one of those things that challenges us to drink....as i said i do wish id known her more as an adult...rather than a sultry teenager who wont speak!!! but i am going to lay flowers and speak to her tomorrow....i know she'll understand x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Family

Lou, I don't have anyone that has passed that I really miss. Our family isn't close and it was small. My Dad died in 2000 but he favored my sisters over me. Still have my Mom but she lives 350 miles way with my sister next door. So not a whole lot of closeness there. My Dad before he died asked me to look after her. I try take her on vacations send money etc. But can't get her to move closer. God knows she needs to because my sisteris so unreliable. oh crap this was supposed to be a feel good thread ; sorry

Comment

Family

One of my favourite memories of my gran is her going to see Jimmy Hendrix.....by ACCIDENT??????
          I don't think either her or her friend knew who he was, and knowing my gran, had probably confused him with Jim Reeves or similar.....she wasn't impressed...hahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Family

Melon...LMAO....Bless her!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X