Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY GREETING

Hello Friends

Day 16 here and doing fine. As I said the Antabuse is good for me right now. I started telling myself I had noticeable side effects from it, and thinking about drinking after stopping it. BUT NO-the alcohol brain voice will not prevail.
    I am going to take 1/2 my previous dose and continue it, as I know that that dose level will prevent drinking. Also it's expensive so my current batch can last longer.

Like a lot of us here I loike reading about other's struggles with addiction. The latest one I have is by Bill Clegg-The Addict as a Young Man. He was a crack addict, adn since I dabbled in crack a few years ago I found it interesting. He would also use alcohol to excess to take the edge off. He is a very good writer and I am inspired by him. I never did crack more than one day in a row but I can relate to his descriptions of being high and conjuring all sorts of perceived threats and paranoia.

I guess the crack thing never grabbed me like alcohol always did for various reasons. One being $$$$-it's an expensive addiction. But then again what addiction is not expensive?
    Money being the least of the expense-the physical harm, family damage, work issues, DUIs and all the rest are a pretty high price to pay to self-medicate. SO NOT WORTH IT.

This place is my sanctuary. When I feel weird at all I just come here and read the good words of good people who are fighting this with me and WINNING. I think you start winning at the moment you admit it is what it is and TRY!

Have a wonderful day everyone

Peace and love

SUNDAY GREETING

Great post Ann, I can feel the positive attitude you have.......stay strong, it wont be easy, but it will be worth it......I know you can do it!!!
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

I agree - great post Ann. You sound great. I'm also taking antabuse and I cut my pills in half. I know that I won't drink as long as it's in my system so half a pill does the job.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

Sounds like you're doing fantastic! :h

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

I think you start winning at the moment you admit it is what it is and TRY!
          Love that, Ann and I think you've hit the nail on the head!
          Carry on, my dear... you're doing great
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

Happy rest of your Sunday Ann :l
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

AB certainly helped me. It stops the mental struggle long enough to get a sober head.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SUNDAY GREETING

Thanks guys

I was starting to wobble a bit but got a grip, cut my drugs in half and have them right by my bed to take every night. I knew if I stopped taking them I would slip. I have faith that I will get tot he point where it's not necessary but until then here I go.

My sister that I've mentioned who drinks a lot of wine called me last night-pretty tipsy. I feel sorry for her but again-there's nothing you can do unless they see it on their own.
                I never got to daily drinking but it would be foolish to not see that I would have. Yuck.I have a friend in Phoenix who drunk dials me, and with the time change it shows that he is drunk at 3 in the afternoon on weekends. I have to admit I don't answer anymore.

Let's all try to have a great week. I get to work from home so it's going to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                X