My First Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Thread

I'm new here: Now in week five. Anxiety on the increase and lack of concentration. but will fight on.

My First Thread

Hi Ails, welcome!:welcome:

Be sure to check out the Newbie's Nest under Just Starting Out, and also the Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence.

Lots of good support in the Nest. Week 5 is fantastic by the way!!

xx,
    UN

Comment

My First Thread

Welcome AILS - Great job on week 5. :goodjob: Unwasted gave you some good tips. Lots of great people here to help you thru.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My First Thread

Welcome AILS

WEEK 5! That is great! How have you managed it? We all have various ways that we try to stay sober. Please share your story. Stay strong!

Comment

My First Thread

Ailes, You have done so well. How have you done it? Keep us posted :welcome:

Comment

My First Thread

Congrats on the five weeks and keep up the good work! Things will get better the longer that you remain af.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My First Thread

Hi Ails,

Like everyone else mentioned, 5 weeks is fantastic! Lots of great people/tools/advice here. Welcome!!
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

My First Thread

And another 'Welcome' from me! Sounds like you're well on the way, so keep it up and look forward to seeing you around.
                :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                Goals:
                Days 1-7 DONE
                Days 8-14 DONE
                Days 15-21 DONE
                30 days DONE
                60 days
                100 days

Comment

My First Thread

Ails!! Wow, 5 weeks is great! If you had been in the Newbies Nest all this time, you'd have gotten a HAT at 4 weeks...what the heck, you deserve it..here you go!! :bday2: Gosh you are already over the hardest part...what kept me in focus around that time is that after trying and failing a couple times after day 12, I finally broke that and everything since then has been uncharted waters! Now I have too much invested in my quit to quit!! 5 weeks is amazing...protect it with all you've got!! I hope you will settle in with us and let us know what brought you here, and we'll do our best to show you the ropes! I have been here over 2 years and I've never figured out how to start my own thread!! So you are doing great!!! You are making it look easy!! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

My First Thread

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html feel free to read this and set up a plan.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My First Thread

Welcome, and a fantastic job on getting to 5 weeks AF!
                      I found that the longer I go AF the more the more things like anxiety dissipate.
                      Have you tried any supplements? There is lots of great advise on the boards, so good luck!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

My First Thread

Hi Ails, and Good Job on 5 wks. I am a bit curious as to why the anxiety is heightening after so long AF. In my experience, it seems to lessen after the first week, if not before. Do you have some stresses that are causing the anxiety?

Sorry if I ask too many questions, lol. They call me "the reporter" at work, which is a kind way of saying I'm nosey, lol.

Welcome!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                        X