Not sure where I'm going with this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've posted on here a few times and made half arsed attempts at giving up the drink but never succeeded. Bit about me - just turned 40, married & totally fed up with my bottle of wine + 4-6 beers a day habit. My wife is at breaking point & I can't say I blame her. I'm not a bad person I just keep doing this stupid drinking thing. Want to get back to being the person I know I am but can't see how. Where I live, Ireland, there is a serious drinking culture & the truly sad thing is I do most of mine on my own. OK that'll do me for a while but I'm going to journal on here as much to offload & we'll see where I get to. All the best everyone.

Good to meet you FG. I think it's great for you to journal this. It really does help. Have you checked out the toolbox here? Be sure to read, read, read & post, post, post. It does help. I'll check back in when I get home but wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's right...keep on reading. "Newbie's nest" is a great support place as well. Settle in, make yourself at home, and post away. :welcome:

Comment

Welcome FG
        all of have been threatened by loved one due to this nasty addisction...let us help you
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi FG!
          We're glad you're here. Keep journaling, posting and reading, you will be amazed at the amount of experience, wisdom and kindness around these boards. We can all understand what you are going through. Keep sharing your journey so that we can help. I look forward to hearing more from you!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey FG

You are right about the drinking culture-maybe even more so than here. But still it's everywhere. All of us here are trying our best to NOT drink. It really does get easier and there are lots of different approaches to it.
            I can understand the wife situation. I don't know how my husband tolerated my drunen shenanigans as long as he did. I find it irritating to be around drunk people now.
            Especially hard if it's someone you care about and you can see the self-destruction.

Hang in there and keep posting. Lots of support here

Comment

Working...
            X