Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures Rags. You were missed.

Home from antenatal class! I now know how to swaddle my baby!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hope no-one minds me sharing this here. I know a few know it, but some of you might find this useful, even as a reminder. It applies to blokes too.

The Women for Sobriety Program

13 Statements of Acceptance

1. I have a life-threatening problem that once had me.

I now take charge of my life. I accept the responsibility.

2. Negative thoughts destroy only myself.

My first conscious act must be to remove negativity from my life.

3. Happiness is a habit I will develop.

Happiness is created, not waited for.

4. Problems bother me only to the degree I permit them to.

I now better understand my problems and do not permit problems to overwhelm me.

5. I am what I think.

I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate woman.

6. Life can be ordinary or it can be great.

Greatness is mine by a conscious effort.

7. Love can change the course of my world.

Caring becomes all important.

8. The fundamental object of life is emotional and spiritual growth.

Daily I put my life into a proper order, knowing which are the priorities.

9. The past is gone forever.

No longer will I be victimized by the past, I am a new person.

10. All love given returns.

I will learn to know that others love me.

11. Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.

I treasure all moments of my new life.

12. I am a competent woman and have much to give life.

This is what I am and I shall know it always.

13. I am responsible for myself and for my actions.

I am in charge of my mind, my thoughts, and my life.

(c) 1976, 1987, 1993
      Women for Sobriety, Inc.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

lovely Mr. G

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Thanks G - I had forgotten about those statements and I really like them.
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Mussy and doodyheads everywhere,

Got a work forum to attend this morning. Should be interesting, should be chick's, but i'm really looking forward to the food! hehe.

A cold and drizzly one here this morn, and that's SO okay..........why? Well, because most (often falsely percieved) daily embuggerance' pales, pales i say in comparison with the bliss and magic feeling of well being, peace, and sense of 'i can do anything' that sober living delivers.

'Yo fruity! Where's my freakin bagel?!'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Love the statements Mr G, and Women for Sobriety is a great site and organisation too.
              Morning All. Make it a good one.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Howdy!!!!

Missy - I was going to say something about the chicken and the road but I couldn't log on!!! I was even shoutin' at the screen.

Hey Sunny - I won't wish you happy hump day 'cos I'm guessing you're feeling everyday is a hump day. AND, what a beautiful hump you have!!!!! The excitement sure is building.

Glad to see Mr G will NOT go hungry this morning. Gorgeous morning here and Mr G is spot on - NOTHING beats the feeling of living a sober life.....soooooo good!!

Hugs to everyone and have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs, Nicey.
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning Undies and Sundies,

So I have five (5) cats and I've got mice. What's that all about?

Might have to cover up all my Buddha statues for a bit.

That is all until I have something more riveting to report.

I may be a while ...

Comment

Morning Y'all.
                    Beauty of a day. I think it is a book day.

Thanks for that nicey.

I was all excited about my egg sanger I was going to make for brekky, since I ate dinner at 4 on account of my heartburn. Then I woke up not even hungry. I'm thinking maybe a salad later instead with eggs in it. Could be good.

Comment

Gord.
                      Does anyone just find themselves overwhelmed sometimes?
                      Even if the workload is strictly speaking manageable?
                      Must be a hangover from the nursing background. Everything has to be done done done just in case there is a medical emergency on the ward.
                      I remember a post of KTAB's ages ago making the point that if you keep your life bang up to date it decreases the chances of becoming overwhelmed as when you let things slide.
                      Anyway, I'm just pratting on now. If I'd done the bloody assessment last week as planned I wouldn't be having this conversation with myself!!!!!
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1308639 wrote:

So I have five (5) cats and I've got mice. What's that all about?

They need a performance review.....and a bit less to eat....
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1308649 wrote: Gord.
                          Does anyone just find themselves overwhelmed sometimes?
                          Even if the workload is strictly speaking manageable?
                          Must be a hangover from the nursing background. Everything has to be done done done just in case there is a medical emergency on the ward.
                          I remember a post of KTAB's ages ago making the point that if you keep your life bang up to date it decreases the chances of becoming overwhelmed as when you let things slide.
                          Anyway, I'm just pratting on now. If I'd done the bloody assessment last week as planned I wouldn't be having this conversation with myself!!!!!
                          Your asking ME that? I'm always chasing my tail. Wishing and hoping just doesnt cut it. Like giving up the piss. You have to have a PLAN...speaking of which 12 minutes before log off time....how organised is that??

Comment

Missy, I was thinking about recipes and I'm like you - have a few ingredients and google search. But I still love to cosy up with a few cookbooks and magazines and pick through them. Mentally eating each page. And then planning. And cooking. And eating.

I'd like a job doing that actually. THEN I'd be organised.

Comment

I shall write a list!
                              With numbered priorities!
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I like that...

1. Turn off lappie and get off MWO...

Comment

Working...
                                X