Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An American tourist in a small village he was visiting in Newfoundland, approached a local person and asked, 'What's the quickest way to Marystown?'

Jarge, the local, scratched his head, 'Are ya walkin er drivin?' he asked the stranger.

'I'm driving' said the stranger.

Jarge replied, 'That's the quickest way'

For those of you requesting a joke.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Nice one Wally!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Arvo all,

Rubes - I throb your new puppy!

Wally - this forum was my first introduction to Newfoundland genre jokes. Thank you for that little pearler!!!!! Wonder if I could change it to Tasmania? (lucky Sapphy isn't looking)

So where are all these B&I women working to lists? Where were you at lunch time? I had last night's left over spuds, sprouts, broccoli - all smashed up and fried - with a fried googy on top. Who wants soft arteries anyway ...

Comment

Well then ... as I seem to be doing the arvo shift ... let me tell you ...

I've just been reading a DIY forum and there's a sparky working in Melbourne. He's wiring up a new 3-storey house. He's currently working in the 'Gift Wrapping Room', FFS.

Come on now, hands up ... who's got a gift wrapping room?

Next

Comment

Ha!

I have my office in my bedroom. FFS. A gift wrapping room!!

Hi to Ruby too!

Comment

And I took Mr Happs out for posh fish and chips for lunch. Had a delightful piece of crumbed Dory - please no Finding Nemo jokes - chips and super salad...delish...thought of you all...

Comment

sunshinetoday;1308711 wrote: Hiya Rubes, glad to see you come out and say hello. Was worried about you! Hope you are having a wonderful week!

While you other undies were talking gardening, I made brownies! No ice cream in the freezer so I have to have something. Triple chocolate haps!
                Ok. Do you have a recipe for me? I NEED to bake tonight...not going to cook a proper dinner - thats just gunna be bacon and eggs and heaps of bread. Going to bake instead...mwahahaha

Comment

Evening All.
                  At lunchtime the list and I were in my car.
                  Which broke down in the middle of a convoy of trucks.
                  On a quiet stretch of highway.
                  The truckies and I rigged up a solution using some gaffa tape.
                  And I limped the #@%$^&*)(*(&%^#$#$ car home.
                  An hour solid of kangaroo jumping.
                  4 kids stranded at various locales.
                  The list was not happy.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1308831 wrote:
                    The list was not happy.
                    Please add a Gift Wrapping Room to the list.

Sooooo essential for today's modern woman .....

Comment

tawnyfrog;1308836 wrote: Please add a Gift Wrapping Room to the list.

Sooooo essential for today's modern woman .....

If I'd had a Gift Wrapping Room none
                      of this would have happened....
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1308670 wrote: I hope you've all planted a bay tree. Saves you an absolute fortune ...
                        Have a bay tree in a large pot.
                        And a kaffir lime. In a large pot
                        And a Backhousia citriodora. In a large pot
                        And an ordinary lime. In a large pot.

These are my "in case" pots. In case we move.

Comment

myhappyplace;1308816 wrote: Ok. Do you have a recipe for me? I NEED to bake tonight...not going to cook a proper dinner - thats just gunna be bacon and eggs and heaps of bread. Going to bake instead...mwahahaha
                          I cheated and used a box!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Raggsy I meant to say welcome back and the photos are incredible as usual......
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1308795 wrote: Arvo all,

Wally - this forum was my first introduction to Newfoundland genre jokes. Thank you for that little pearler!!!!! Wonder if I could change it to Tasmania? (lucky Sapphy isn't looking)

Or New Zealanders.

What's the difference between yoghurt and a New Zealander?

(Or a Tasmanian... depends who you're tell the joke to. )

And never end a sentence with a preposition!

(Many years ago I told this joke at a dinner in a friend's place in the UK where one of the guests was a young New Zealand IT chappie who was working for my friends father.
                              About 2 minutes after I told the joke he said

" I don't get it"

I absolutely cracked up and said

"See what I mean"

Then it all got a little embarrassing. ( I was staying with " middle class" people, who probably thought I was a little coarse, but then made allowances for me because I was from the colonies.....)

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1308846 wrote: If I'd had a Gift Wrapping Room none of this would have happened....
                                Well you see ... if you had a Gift Wrapping Room ... you might find yourself in a mutually-supportive, gender-balanced, nurturing, all-fulfilling relationship. See?

Go on ... give it a go ...

Comment

Working...
                                X