Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Undies!

BIG salute to Mr G!!!!!

BIG love to Reggie....

BIG everything to everyone else!!!!!

TF - nah no future husband in sight. FH stands for favorite honey. Can't see myself ever marrying again. FH has been around a while but.... I reckon, for sure, I'll really will end up like Bridget Jones, being eaten by my doggie! Although, I have a Chihuahua so she may have to eat quick if I pop off during summer..... Ewwww maybe I should press delete.....

Gorgeous day here. Sitting in the sun sipping diet coke and contemplating my navel. Noise.....

As ever, Nicey.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Quick fly-through from me too ...

Cori - hope the doggy is going to be alright.

Missy, Happs, Mojo, Sunny, Nicey *** waving madly ***

Hiya RC!

Today's experiment - Apple Cupcakes

***vroom. The sun is out and the grass has riz - I wonder where my mower iz ***

Comment

Hope they tasted good TF!

How's the dog Corrie?

I really hate predictive text on my I-pad!

Lovely day today although boy's team lost 11-0 at their soccer game :H he is in good heart though - nervous about a cross country race he has to do in the morning.

Mojo - didnt realize you were from SA. One day I will try biltong, but I want to try nice biltong. Some of the stuff available here looks a bit over-processed, which I probably won't like. So I'm keeping a look out at Farmers Markets for some nicer stuff.
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

So I promised Froglette if she showed hers I'd show mine...

Coffee cake with cinnamon

Comment

X-posted! Hi Missy, I'm up for a biltong tasting too. We just need Tips to come through now with a spice recipe...

Comment

Good one, Happs! Who ate the missing bit? What's the icing?

Sunny - don't know if you read other threads but in the Army, Zeppie in NZ is also having her first - due on June 9th.

Missy - a mate of mine flew to NZ this morning and I asked her to wave in your general direction.

Nicey - dont think you ever told us what state you're in (not that it's important) but it makes talking about the weather a bit easier.

And the weather here, although there's superb sunshine ... there's also a very cold wind which has made me call it a day and I shall now languish with the Weekend Australian, a cup cake and a George Clooney short black. What's there to whinge about?

Comment

Greetings, Undies

The biltong recipe is on its way later today - just making adjusments to quanties and the like.

I'm trying something new for Mother's Day as well. Sweet potato wheels. You spread a layer of cooked sweet potato on a sheet of puff pastry, roll it up like a roly poly, bake in the oven, slice in wheels and then smother in a caramel sauce. Not sure whether it's a vegetable dish or dessert :H
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

MoJo - which part of Saffaland did you hail from?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Arvo Undies! Hi too to Tipps, that sounds rather nice, somewhere in between each I reckon.

Just finished planting some birds nest ferns we bought this morning. Mr Happs has taken the locusts shopping....whatever for I wonder??? so pottering in the quiet and about to have a bath...

Froglette, I would like to say I am not responsible for the missing section on the cake, but I shall just say I am not WHOLLY responsible...coffee icing on top, lots of butter and icing sugar and coffee...my phone is throwing a yellow tint on the piccie I think...

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1314952 wrote: Not sure whether it's a vegetable dish or dessert :H
                      The garnish will tell. :H :H :H

Comment

well enough of the cupcakes & cakes in general...argh!
                        I've just made a batch of supercharged bircher muesli which looks like dog's vomit but has innit:
                        200gm steel cut (unstabilised) oats
                        2 tbspn coconut flakes
                        1 tspn ground cinnamon
                        1 large handful dried blueberries
                        200mls fresh squeezed apple juice, from granny smiths
                        200mls water
                        juice 1 lemon

- & its now fermneting overnight as per instructions. This recipe i got from Urban Remedy, a Sinny based operation that does smoothie detox stuff, delivered all over Sinny & Melburn but not WA (boo, hiss!!!)
                        I also have a super healthy wheat,gluten,sugar,dair & yeast free recipe for coconut & almond bliss balls which i shall try soon.

The dog is coming along ok, thanks missy. I do alright for a country hick vet.
                        I did need some more antidote to come up from city, which is being delivered in morning....convo went sorta like this:

Me: " Hi, it's Dr So n So from Bumfuck Vet, I need some atropine please for snail pellet poisoning - I've run out"
                        City vet: " Oh ok,ummm, yes, alright, but do you need activated charcoal for gastric lavage?"
                        Me: " No thanks i'm alright, gave it apomorphine to empty guts so all is good, just the atropine"
                        City vet: (sounding slightly panicky) "Surely you need to charcoal? To do the lavage? But it does say in the text books...."
                        Me: " Nah, it's cool, just the atropine thanks"
                        City vet: "Look, I've seen a few poisonings, you really SHOULD do the lavage"
                        Me: "Listen darll, I've been out here for 15 yrs & I haven't needed lavage yet so be a chum & just send the frickin atropine, ok!!!"

To which my (young) client says, " Oh Dr So n So, they're very good ya know" to which I said pompously " So am I dear, so am I".

Now you may all think I'm terribly conceited, but really, I hate being told my job.
                        Young bloody vets think they know all this shit, I tell ya. Gives me the squirts. Must be the same for hooman docs, I think sometimes.
                        I may not be full bottle on most things, & yes i'm a piss-head, but I KNOW MY SHIT.

Sorry, sorry, good folk, vent over. Back under rock now...

Comment

[QUOTE=myhappyplace;1314954. Mr Happs has taken the locusts shopping....whatever for I wonder??? ..
                          you're prolly going to get the most AWESOME Mothers Day gift happy! How noice would that be!!!

Comment

Yep, they're making up for last years non effort...though I told Mr Happs I'd be happy with a new mug and a pair of slipper socks....its not WHAT they get, its that they had a think about it....winky thing....ok off to bathe while the house is soooo quiet...

I'd like to say I like Bircher muesli Corri, but....I have to agree with your description...

Comment

myhappyplace;1314958 wrote: Yep, they're making up for last years non effort...though I told Mr Happs I'd be happy with a new mug and a pair of slipper socks....its not WHAT they get, its that they had a think about it....winky thing....ok off to bathe while the house is soooo quiet...

I'd like to say I like Bircher muesli Corri, but....I have to agree with your description...
                              Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Mrs. T is very much about the WHAT as well... She assumes that we've had a think. And then a rethink. Goodie bags work well with her - a main gift plus some stocking fillers. That way, you spread your bets!

My mom is easier - she's getting woollen slippers for the coming winter cold. She wears stokies, FFS (dunno if you get them over there, but they're essentially thick towelling cloth with plastic soles.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thats me Tipps, I'd be happy with stokies...

Actually I'd be happy if my chook was well....Ginger is not looking good....dirty bum is back and she's listless....and if you google its like wtf, how many diseases do they get - its worse than when I went on line to diagnose Mr Happs....might be at the vet tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                X