Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's this about chocolate with the latest Delicious? Mine arrived in the mail and there.was.NO.chocolate! Harumph.

Already inspired, the Carrot, Beetroot & Orange salad (p39) is first cab off the rank. Also a different Lauke to test.

Jones - where are ya?

Be well, all Undies.

Comment

Mr Rags gets Delicious from the newsagent across from the surgery. So perhaps postal subscribers missed out. Have we got the same magazine? Page 39 has an ad for chasseur with an inset recipe for curried mussels with tomato sauce.
      BTW I have to post that Hershey bar to you for winning the Mr Rags hospital cost comp. Will do so to-day.

Tippy, thanks for the hugs. I'll be over in your continent in September

Happs, sounds like middle locust doesn,t mind not going so why not keep him home and he can do equivalent camp duties at home...... make the bed, was up dishes, clean the toilet, watch transit of Venus on tv rather than through smoked glass etc.

Comment

I'm talking the May issue.

And the sunlight doesn't hit the escarpment here till about 6:50

Comment

Rags;1318187 wrote:
          BTW I have to post that Hershey bar to you for winning the Mr Rags hospital cost comp. Will do so to-day.
          Raggsy - don't worry about the hershey bar but care to share the cost so we can all faint? And has the insurance co. come good?

I'm talking June issue - the carrots and beets are roasting as we speak ...

Comment

Ahhh, I won't get the June issue till the end of May. Maybe I should subscribe.

Insurance is stuffing us around, and ammoth Hospital send us emails asking what is happening, as the Insurance won't talk to them.... I hope it will get resolved by end of June. But I think it stinks that they stuff you around playing silly GOTCHA games..
            Final cost was about $14, 203 or thereabouts. The papers are with Mr Raqgs. Then there's the additional costs of extra accomm.,($250) rebooking air tickets ($1600), lost accomm and lift tickets about (1200) So an expensive non holiday. But hey, Mr Rags is still with us and has stopped smoking....

Comment

tawnyfrog;1318198 wrote: Raggsy - don't worry about the hershey bar ...
              No no no, it is very important that you receive your prize. I want to see how long you can make it last!

BTW this rrecipe was in Good Living last year... went to Bistrode (Jeremy Strodes restaurant) in January. Food was great.

Jeremy Strode?s Pumpkin and ginger soup

Ingredients
              ? 100g butter
              ? 2 medium brown onions, sliced
              ? 2 large knobs ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
              ? Salt
              ? Freshly ground white pepper
              ? 1.25kg peeled pumpkin, chopped
              ? ? litres water or chicken/vegetable stock
              ? 100ml pouring cream
              ? ? cup coriander leaves
              Method
              Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add onion, ginger, salt and pepper and cook gently until soft (about 15 minutes). Add pumpkin and stock and simmer until pumpkin is completely soft. Puree with a stick blender and pass through a coarse strainer. Reheat and serve with a drizzle of cream and a few coriander leaves.

Comment

I shall dig out the sextant to-day and have a test run at looking at the sun for Mondays transit. What a shame I won't have any grandchldren to tell!

Mr Rags has to have his finger xrayedtoday... he tripped over a blade of grass at Wingello and dislocated it but he put it back straight away. Next day he xrayed it at work..... no breaks, but it is very swollen. But thedoctor wants a better quality xray .

AND I'm going to go to a how to build a drystone wall lesson this sunday over at Canyonleigh. Should be fun. Mr Rags will meantime visit his dad.

Comment

TGIF undies..hope ya all have a good one

Hows the Sunny bub this fine morning??

Keeping in with the theme of 'hold ya breath' excitement evenings follows the even more exciting day in the office :H:H:H

xx

Comment

Rags - I make pumpkin and ginger soup a lot, but use coconut cream and a mix of olive and sesame oil instead of cream and butter. With the coriander, it tastes very Thai-like

This is where I am taking Mr B for his birthday dinner ...... unfortunately I chose it a bit too late to be able to get bookings for this Sunday's Air NZ Wine Awards gold medal dinner.

Ortega Fish Shack & Bar - Wellington New Zealand

I quite like having the menus on-line ....... it allows me to quietly contemplate my culinary choices in advance, and gives my taste buds a bit of anticipatory exercise
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning All
                      A bit cool here this morning, got my doggies all brushed and ready to be dropped off to get groomed, then I'm off to get my hair done.

Rags I love pumkin soup, will have to try your recipe, thanks for posting it.

Missy, that's a lovely looking resturant, menu looks yum, think I would have Beef Fillet, Cafe de Paris butter, chips, hope you and Mr B have a great time

And Hi to everyone else, have a great friday all..

Comment

Three cheese souffle
                        Beans and bearnaise
                        selection of sorbet and icecream
                        AND lemon possett
                        Burp.

Well I've stolen yet another computer Undeeees. If I ever had any doubt as to my computer addiction, I've now been disabused of it.

The 90 day mark passed with not too much fanfare for me, which was great because it confirms that there is life after grog and numbers become less and less important. The new life that you create becomes the focus.

I will attempt the read back.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm going to do the three cheeses souffle as well, but rather than dessert I'm going to have an entree - the spicy fish cakes. I'd go for the bluff oysters for remembrance of my dad, but at $4.50 each its a bit at the top end.

Anyway, the last of my savings is going on this dinner, and then we will be officially broke and into starting to save for our next adventure - in the US next year!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Bridge - can I offer you the 3 boxes of computer parts that Mr B has stored in our garage?? :H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1318244 wrote: Bridge - can I offer you the 3 boxes of computer parts that Mr B has stored in our garage?? :H
                              Oh please do.
                              I will add it to my own three boxes
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Looks good, Missy. I'll go ...

Pan-fried Prawn Tails, garlic butter sauce, lemon, Italian parsley & pappardelle

Roasted Terakihi, ratatouille, crayfish butter

Cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X