Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tawnyfrog;1318805 wrote: Are you guys really going to try the chook thing? I think it would be fun. I'll get one today.
    Can't find the chook thing. I just sat throuhj a whole epoisode of MC as the bread and ice thing was the last thing they showed. Was the chook thing alsoon MC? Which episode? Or better, name of recipe .
    Thanks.

Comment

Raggsy - Google Beer Butt Chicken

Comment

Guitarista;1318814 wrote: P.S.

All this talk of cans up chooks arses is getting some folk excited. You've no idea how many pm's i'm getting from other members wanting a link to the frozen chook forum. Of course, i respectfully decline to post that link or visit such a forum these days, for i've left that addiction well and truly behind.

Ah crikey. Ok, here it is for Boozinbluejean77 just this once..........www.frozenchooktaboo.com
        I can't open it.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1318842 wrote: Raggsy - Google Beer Butt Chicken
          Tah

Comment

Here you go Raggsey, I've saved it in favs

Cider Can Chicken, Papa Sita?€™s Corn Cob, Potato Salad and Garlic Aioli | Recipes | MasterChef Australia

this is just the recipe not the episode. And if you put the mouse on the episode of MC you can fast forward thru the episodes - a little bar comes up. So you dont have to watch it all.

Comment

Found the recipes for stickingaluminium cylinders up chookybums.
              I used to slice the skin of an orange and stick the orange in the body cavity along with some herbs..... ahhh how times have change.

Have writ the reipe for walnut and fig bread why use ice instead of a cup of water?
              I have resisted buying a pizza stone. Looks like I'll have to get one.

Thanks Happs. I'm on lappie so will switch to big puter and save it.

Comment

Well, I just know I'mgoing to have to try cooking a tin can chicken!
                Maybe tonight.

Hello Tawn, hello Happs, Hi Mr G., g'day Zenny, Mojo, and all other Undies.
                Oh, and hello to Sunny.

Comment

This is going to be fun. I'll do mine today because I have visitors tomorrow. It'll be really interesting to see our different approaches. Another Undie-inspired challenge.

Off to the shops.

Comment

I reckon we will give the chicken a go as we were wondering what to do for dinner anyway! But I don't think I have the patience to make to mayonnaise or aoli

We put our new plan for dealing with washing in winter when you don't have a dryer or a washing line into effect this morning. I dropped four lots of washing off at the launderette, did some other stuff that needed to be done, and picked the dried washing up on the way back. Now I can smugly sit back and enjoy the rest of the day with all my for for today done :good job:

Heading off to the shops for essential chicken ingredients ....... and must rescue a can from the re-cycling bin :H:H (do you think it matters whether it is aluminum or tin??)
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mine's just gone into the oven and I'm PMSL. It looks soooo funny...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1318914 wrote: Mine's just gone into the oven and I'm PMSL. It looks soooo funny...
                        Yes, I thought mine might as well! What sort of can? (I checked the recycling, and we haven't got any from the last fortnight, so I will have to open something speshly!) And are you doing normal cooking or fan-forced?

In lieu of potato salad and corn, I am doing slow roasted tomatoes, and something yet to be decided with courgette and green peppers which were cheap as chips at the market this morning! I'm thinking steamed courgette and stuffed peppers at the mo ......... anyone got anything more exciting??
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Missy - i used a tomato can and I'm using fan forced oven. I intend to eat the bulk of it cold. Much fun but I'm not going to show and tell until everybody has made theirs. Then we can do the Big Reveal! Don't forget to take pics, if you're that way inclined ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1318873 wrote: This is going to be fun. I'll do mine today because I have visitors tomorrow. It'll be really interesting to see our different approaches. Another Undie-inspired challenge.

Off to the shops.
                            The shops? Oh Tawny the image tarnishes. Nevertheless, you are amazing.
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Iteresting recipes, obvoisly cant stuff the chicken tho no honestly this one Ive got to try!!!
                              Is your one cooked yet Tawn

Comment

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Sunny & Hubby!!!!!!
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X