Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautifull wee baby boy, Sunny and Mr Sunny must be very proud, congratulations again :l Thanks for posting photo HP :l

Comment

Yay Sunny! What a cutie. Thanks Happs.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1319437 wrote: So ... anybody old enough to remember the concept of the Progressive Dinner? Where you'd do entrees at one house, move on to another house for mains etc? Well as it's a pearler of a day I've set up the entree possie on the deck in dappled sun; mains in the dining room with gentle but cheery open fire; and afters outside in the arvo sun between the peppercorn trees.

All that's left to do is frock up!
        Yes yes yes!!!!
        But it used to involve moving from house to house and we were all such pissheads that it was out of the question...
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Look at that sweet little Bumpy Man.....
          Jeez Sunny, what an acheivement mate...
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1319543 wrote: Yes yes yes!!!!
            But it used to involve moving from house to house and we were all such pissheads that it was out of the question...
            I think I remember them too... but I was probably too pissed .....

OK here are my pics taken about 10 minutes ago...... my filling in the can is some white wine, a preserved lemon in honey, which I've also popped some under the skin, and Turkish herbs. which I also rubbed on chicky.
            Am now off to do the pumpkin soup Missy style sans coriander (sob).
            Piccies of that too will be coming.

The tin is the coconut cream tin with the sticky glue scrubbed off... I thought about leaving it on but Mr Rags said it would tamper with the subtle fragrances of the turkish herbs...

Comment

And taken 2 minutes ago... veggies are about to go in.....

And about to nip upstairs and start on the pumpkin and ginger soup... Missy, Mr Rags put a heap of ginger in some olive oil last week [ see placcy bottle in pic] No idea why he didn't use rice bran oil but that's another story so will use some of that oil for the soup.

Comment

I assume I dry roast it?

Sunny,
                I haven't forgotten you in all this.
                He looks beautiful, but his chest looks a bit red. Or is that the photograph. And I love the beanie.

I suppose I could start knitting him a scarf. It might be finished by the time he is going skiing....

Comment

Why is Coriander the root of all evil for so many people?
                  I think it's the most lovely tasty herb, but some people just sweat if they eat it ???
                  I mean it's just bloody parsley
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And just 4 hours ago I was doing this... hmm copped a bit of sunburn... actually I overdid it with the licorice and mascara...

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1319566 wrote: Why is Coriander the root of all evil for so many people?
                      I think it's the most lovely tasty herb, but some people just sweat if they eat it ???
                      I mean it's just bloody parsley
                      Well, Mr Rags really can't stand it. He is almost physically ill if he eats it or smells it close up. And he's not alone. about 10% of the world population is the same. I love it. So I cook his, then add coriander to the rest for me. Or else have a HUGE side serve of it for garnish. Then, there are things I can't come at... liver and kidney immediately spring to mind. But you've planted an idea in my head Bridgey... I'll start telling him it's flat parsley.

Comment

Mr Rags and I have just found a problem... you can't tilt the baking tray to get liquid to baste the chook.

But he hunted around and found the suck it up baster...

Comment

myhappyplace;1319511 wrote: Just whizzing back in as OPERATION CAN UP THE CLACKER IS ABOUT TO START...

Ok taking photos of this chook...
                          So where are your piccies??? At 4:29 I was still stacking bloody rocks!

Comment

We've EATEN dinner...so nerderner...

I didnt think we were supposed to show piccies until all contestants had cooked?

Anyway, topplage occured a la Missy....they either need to make chookies with bigger bums or smaller cans...I reckon a can of asparagus will hold it better....

Back soon....

Comment

and it didnt spill on the floor, it just listed over about halfway through on about the 4th baste....so it must have lost the steam effect, but the flavours were great. Did not stick to the recipe - I did a Happs special will report on later....

Comment

Five minutes ago... after just on an hour in the oven

The sesame oil, peanut oil, shallots starting to cook for the pumpkin soup.

And here I have to leave you till tomorrow, as I have to cook the soup, finish the chook, and HERSELF is on in seven minutes on ABC 1

Comment

Working...
                                X