Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawn that dish looks absolutly lovely, looks yum yum

Have made the oven scones HP put me onto, just taken them out of the oven, they look good, yet to taste...

Hi Bridge are you still having computer problems ?

Comment

Miss Behaving;1320064 wrote: I have to say that I couldn't bring myself to purchase one.

I think a Victorian one would be expresso ........ but what would a SA or WA one be
      NSW would be chiko roll flavoured.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

WA = quokka.

SA = mutton bird.

Comment

Lillypond059;1320071 wrote: Hi Bridge are you still having computer problems ?
          Spiralling into a saga Lilly (cross eyes).

I'll tell you what Froglette, that is a divine looking platter.....

Chicken project was purchased today. I'm starting to get performance anxiety.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1320076 wrote:
            Chicken project was purchased today. I'm starting to get performance anxiety.
            OK - so that's Lilly and you to go. Excellent! Grab your cans, ladies .... starting ...NOW!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1320079 wrote: OK - so that's Lilly and you to go. Excellent! Grab your cans, ladies .... starting ...NOW!
              Yip I'm doing my one tomorrow, but I'm still trying to work out how to post a photo on here !!!!

Comment

Lilly - I think most of us use Photobucket. Free download. Upload your pic to there and then get the IMG code and paste it into your post. Make sense?

Comment

Yes Lilly,
                  Let's grab our cans:H
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1319982 wrote: .

And a further question: Raggsy - was the stone wall course good? Did you learn heaps?
                    Yes, yes, yes I did ..... It is easy once you know how, but it is physical work..... And most important is filling in the core with good balast (they used railway balast ... which incidentally comes from Bombo quarry near where I used to live). And making sure you put in the cross stabilising stones at about 70 cm height.

What they essentially do is a system of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours... You offer your project, put on lunch (we had rather cheap sausages... why won't people pay 50c a kilo more and make people happy but nice buns and thankfully cos lettuce and not bloody iceburg) and to do the course you pay $30.00.
                    So you pay about $80 a metre for your materials depending on the stone and how/where you can source it, about $40 a tonne for ballast and away ya go. If you have a tractor and a neighbour with stone all it will cost you is time and transport.

You lay the stone both sides of where your wall will be as you work in pairs..

But, there were about a dozen of us on the course, with 3 "instructorts" and the wall was about half built and 27 metres long. In that day we completed the wall... so equivalent to a 12 metre wall 1.2 metres high! Only thing was, they didn't have enough capping stones. I'll post and pm you info. I'm hooked. One of the "instructors" lives at guess where... WINGELLO!!!!

I did a course about 35 years ago and had sort of forgotten, but as soon as I started it all came back. Only thing is I don't have the strength I had then so was using smaller stones and asking for help to lift the securing stones.

Andy Goldsworthy in UK is the Monty Don of drystone wall art.

Andy Goldsworthy - Works

Andy Goldsworthy's drystone wall sculpture at Stanford CA | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'll phootocop[y the notes and send them to you. From what I've seen from the pics you've put up here, your place would lend itdelf beautifully to some installations.

Comment

Lillypond059;1319985 wrote: Forgot to say, have got my fire on caus its bloody cold, and have found it very hard to get motivated today..
                      Why would anyone above 35 degrees latitude have a bloody fire?
                      Especially in Queensland?

Surely 21 degrees Celcius is not cold enough to warrant a fire???.

Comment

aspman;1320009 wrote: hiya super, the big 40 was a little low key. we just celibrated the kids 2nd and 3rd birthdays.
                        this weekend the wife and i went out to diner and movie shouted by my dad, he watched the kids all night.

it was a dry birthday of that i am thankfull

Oh dear. Aspey said "the
                        wife"

Comment

REGGIE!
                          Stay here for five minutes. Have some pics for you (and the other Undies)

Comment

Oh and a question for Sunny.

As I'm not a mother I don't know, so, if you were having a fast and i assume problem free labour, why did you have a ceasarian?

Comment

Reggie;1320102 wrote: Climate change rags we down south go tropical north go artic I read it in a book somewhere
                              Dont have to read Reg, ask me!! :H 2 degrees at night and I WANT A FIRE! something primitive about burning stuff...

Raggsey I wanted to post a photo of our sleeper walls we built yesty but the look a bit timberish compared to your stone ones....dare not show Mr Happs...

Comment

Rags;1320105 wrote: Oh and a question for Sunny.

As I'm not a mother I don't know, so, if you were having a fast and i assume problem free labour, why did you have a ceasarian?
                                Bumps head not engaged and upside down....wasnt getting out the business end....

Comment

Working...
                                X