Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rags;1320702 wrote: Hmmm.... a pedal lathe... now that's JUST the sort of thing Tawny would have in acorner of her frog house....
    Sorry to disappoint, Raggsy - I've got a lekky one ...

Comment

Rags;1320700 wrote: Hi there Happs.
      My one and only foray into ebay was to buy a cople of spurtles from a bloke in Tasmania. It was a disaster... my payment didn't go to his account yet was debited from my VISA. I got threatening messages from Ebay etc etc. I've never been on there again.
      I reckon that in between building drystone walls, giving my friends kids cooking lessons and being a navigational smarty ants,I could learn how to make spurtles....
      First I get some planks of wood and some rope to make a pedal lathe...... then the rest should be easy
      :H All done...I always use Paypal so no hassle if there is a stuff up. And I reckon I've got Mr Cherrywood from the USA and his 3 spurtle speshul...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1320703 wrote: Raggsy - how's your girlfriend doing?
        Not real sure Tawn.
        I was there last Thurs and latest xrays are showing another growth on her left side... I think in the peritoneum. It is giving her pain and she has just started to take morpheine type painkillers as it is pressing against her diaphragm (and her lungs).

I hope to be able to have a good chat with her on Thursday. That is why originally I was going to ake her out for the day but now this has come up.

I don't want to say too much, but have said to her to do what she can (legal stuff etc) while she is still OK to do it and not in too much discomfort.

She has another good friend whom I only met a couple of times but we have swapped phome numbers etc He lives north coast so can only get down every now nd then. He's concerned about what wil happen to the kids as both he and I agree that their grandfather won't be able to cope with them. And there's really no one else except the father, who equally is not able to look after them.

Plus, her sister who wants absolutely no involvement in any of this and has emotionally divorced and distanced herself from it all apparantly was on the phone to her and said ": the day dad dies a for sale sign is going up on that house..." Lovely. That really will leave the kids with nowhere to stay.
        So I shall broach what I can over the next coupl of weeks.

And on top of that her son wo is about 9 I've tried to help with his homework really can't subtract 2 from 8, or add 7 plus 3. I haven't suggested she see someoe at his school about it. But it is quite alarming.

Comment

myhappyplace;1320706 wrote: :H All done...I always use Paypal so no hassle if there is a stuff up. And I reckon I've got Mr Cherrywood from the USA and his 3 spurtle speshul...
          I went through paypal too, bu ther was a stuff up of some kind.

TAWN: Do you REALLY have a leccy lathe?? How come you're not making banksia wood spurtles??

Comment

Rags;1320715 wrote:
            TAWN: Do you REALLY have a leccy lathe?? How come you're not making banksia wood spurtles??
            Because if I did get serious about turning, I wouldn't do anything else. I'd become obsessed with it and I'm having enough trouble as it is trying to keep the place in some sort of order.

Sounds like a really sad situation with your girlfriend. Poor kids.

Comment

How's this for a funky wall!!!

Comment

Work interuptus..

Rags that is a terrible story. You just cant imagine that for yourself or your children. That poor woman. Its nice you can be of some support.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1320717 wrote: Because if I did get serious about turning, I wouldn't do anything else. I'd become obsessed with it and I'm having enough trouble as it is trying to keep the place in some sort of order.

Sounds like a really sad situation with your girlfriend. Poor kids.
                  Mr Rags and I will be picking up his dads triton gear and taking it to Wingello (no room at myplace, ) but he gave his lathe to Mr Rags' brother.

Comment

myhappyplace;1320720 wrote: Work interuptus..

Rags that is a terrible story. You just cant imagine that for yourself or your children. That poor woman. Its nice you can be of some support.
                    Maybe if I had been a mother, I might offer to take the kids. But I really am too old, and I know I couldn't do it. And I don't know them all tht well. So, I'll do what I can to help in other ways.

Comment

Rags;1320718 wrote: How's this for a funky wall!!!

:h :h :h :h

Comment

OK I have to go.. Am having a photoshop lesson....remember I started them ages ago, then it dropped off? Well the guy teaching me is moving in a few weeks, so I'm learning again while he's still around. So off to prepare chook for dinner, his payment for the lesson..

Comment

Chooks cooked, and photo's taken,

Comment

Lillypond059;1320817 wrote: Chooks cooked, and photo's taken,
                            SQUEAL!!!!!!!! ***claps hands****

Now come on Bridge - you're the last entrant still to bloody well apply herself ...

Comment

myhappyplace;1320567 wrote: Have you made your list Bridge?
                              JEE-ZUZ......

Computer STILL not fixed.......

Bloody bloody hell....

Raggsy that is so sad about your friend, and isn't it bizarre the different reactions people have to folk passing?

I love the wall though. Throb it big time.

Happy to report that the list worked a treat and I got of my lazy arse and did myself proud....so I have already formulated another follow on list for tomorrow.

Now chickengate is going down tomorrow and I think it's going to have some dried apricot up it's little arse.

So I'm wondering how poor old Ginger is faring?
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Put herself to bed between the feeder and the bed. Little locust placed her gently inside the right spot. Looks like another lesson in life to be held soon....

Comment

Working...
                                X