Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Ginger....at least it ended in a nice place.

Was going to give updateage re chicken cooking but perhaps not right now

Re computer Happs....it will be right, but a bit pricey.....cross eyes.....

Re above recipes, I'm doing both.......Oh Dog!
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yep - RIP Ginger. Let's celebrate her life and give chook updateage cause when we're all done we can post our pics!

Comment

Well Happy, remember that she will have had a much nicer life over the last we while than she had done previously ........
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

and yes, Tawny, Mr B likes his new dressing gown very much. The cats have now inherited the old one for sleeping on :-)
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Right.
            Chicken done and flies lined up at the screen door!
            When are we publishing?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Onyer marks ... get set ... GO!

Comment

Oh shit!
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

The raw materials........

Stuffing.......

Home grown cannage herbs......

Clacker can......

Stuffed, garlic under skin, rubbed with EVOO and spice mix clacker can insitu..........
                  Can't stand the suspense.......

OHS approved glasses ....safety first......
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1321264 wrote: Yep - I'd leave her sitting in the sunshine too.
                    Ditto.

I remember seeing a tv show and the only bit I remember is the good guys breaking into a cellar where a person was being held prisoner. They untied him and he said "Sol, sol..." the good guys followed where the prisoner was looking and there was a tiny shaft of sunlight coming through a grating. They moved him so it shone on him. Then he died.

Poor liitle Ginger... but she had a great life with you....

Comment

And the result????

My review??

First time I have ever turned out a whole chicken that I could smell without dry wretching......
                      I would STILL go even harder with the seasoning, but I like everything OTT.

Now the pan juices I deglazed and thickened and squeezed some cloves of the roasted garlic into......and it was the BUSINESS.....

Guess what's for lunch??
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'll show ya mine ...

So ... I stuffed some garlic, chilies, onion & fresh coriander into the tin and topped it with our old mate Bundy Ginger Beer. Stuck the chook on the can. I wasn't even slightly uncomfortable doing that - might have been a different matter if the chook was still alive. (oops ... sorry)

Then painted it with a thick layer of Tikka paste mixed with yoghurt and a bit of o.oil. Whacked it in at 190C, didn't turn or baste, checked it at 1hr and it was done. Perfectly.

Ate the wings and drumsticks hot. Let the rest get cold. The next day cut rooly thin slices and whacked it on a lettuce, avo, & sweet chili mayo sanger made with the German Grainy bread.

So ... could I taste any of the 'stuff'? Nope. But hell, it was moist. Will I do it again? Deffo. Because it made me laugh.

Next ....

Comment

That's one funky looking chook there Bridge!

Comment

I left MWO a few months ago and still lurk from time to time. I was sad to see Guitarista leave and so went trolling to see your reactions and all but a minor few barely acknowledged it. He is a lovely man and has always supported all of you in a loving way. In fact some even made unnecessary remarks. We all know TF doesn't suffer fools, but does she EVER suffer intrusion? Then you have Raggsy who went on a vacation to the U.S., her husband got sick and she was denied her holiday. She got so peevish all she did was bash America. True colours were seen there.

It took courage for G to tell you how he felt and your responses were mostly about chickens with cans up their asses. Then happy place just doesn't get anything that doesn't involve her. What a bunch of self-absorbed Ozzies. I don't include the remaining men here and not all of the Undies. Then Techie got short shrift too.

Comment

It was incredibly moist yes, but the stuffing comes out when you sit it on the can of course, so next time I will use the same recipe but revert to pan roasting.

Very happy with the challenge though......What are we road testing next????

Summat sweet.....yessssss..........
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

nosy neighbour;1321374 wrote: I left MWO a few months ago and still lurk from time to time. I was sad to see Guitarista leave and so went trolling to see your reactions and all but a minor few barely acknowledged it. He is a lovely man and has always supported all of you in a loving way. In fact some even made unnecessary remarks. We all know TF doesn't suffer fools, but does she EVER suffer intrusion? Then you have Raggsy who went on a vacation to the U.S., her husband got sick and she was denied her holiday. She got so peevish all she did was bash America. True colours were seen there.

It took courage for G to tell you how he felt and your responses were mostly about chickens with cans up their asses. Then happy place just doesn't get anything that doesn't involve her. What a bunch of self-absorbed Ozzies. I don't include the remaining men here and not all of the Undies. Then Techie got short shrift too.
                                How bloody DARE you!!!!!!

Can you see into our PM's too???
                                Can you???

Go back to watching your neighbours. That's obviously the limit of your interpersonal skills.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X