Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunshinetoday;1321591 wrote: Re: MIL (because Haps asked)

We asked her to watch dogs after we realized we would be in Brissy for the night. She came around late evening to our house the night bump was born. The phone rings at 4 something in the morning. She asks if we're awake (one of sleeping moments), and wants to know how to work our home phone, and lets us know that one dog is crying, and we have food all over the floor from the dogs ripping a bag open. Mind you we just had bub 12 hours earlier. So hubs gets frustrated and says right, I am just going to come home. SO he leaves at 5 in the morning, drives back down the coast, is gone almost 12 hours because he is trying to organize someone to watch the dogs, etc., and he is also nice enough to not even bring up the thoughtlessness of her selfishness at this particular time.
    Then she sends us an email. She had a friend who did a birthday star chart for our baby. It said a few things about bub, also said what an amazing influence she was going to be on the baby, and how they are spiritually connected. I'll leave it at that.
    Hubs is being really lovely to her, and she has stopped by a few times. She has expressed her opposing opinion about some of the things that we do vs. what she would do. I am having less patience with her while hubs is having more, role reversal I guess.
    Oh dear. And a further oh dear for the star chart stuff. Which I find incredulous that people still follow or claim to follow. And I am really biting my tongue now.

Comment

OK Out of here. Big day tomorrow.
      See you soon.
      Sleep well.

Comment

Morning Undies! change of plan late yesty arvo means no trip down the coast to see Sunny and Bump :upset: so between us we scoffed most of the coffee cake I'd made for her last night, which was fantastic but isnt good if you know what I mean. So preparing now for a giraffathon....

Hope all Undies have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning to you all,
          Am off in a short while for what I feel will be a very full day.

Happs, I'm so behind, what's a giraffathon. You've mentioned it before.

Comment

Rags;1321872 wrote: Good morning to you all,
            Am off in a short while for what I feel will be a very full day.

Happs, I'm so behind, what's a giraffathon. You've mentioned it before.
            Morning Raggsey. At times I have to work with a couple of girls who are built like giraffes, its like a Bridget Jones thing, skinny, long legs, big boobs and huge boobs. And the giraffe eyelashes....would be ok except they dont play nice...and dealing with them is a pain in the bum. and that will be my morning instead of cuddling a sweet new baby.

Comment

goodness, I think I'm boob obsessed...look at my last post. Now its a boobathon...

Comment

myhappyplace;1321877 wrote: Morning Raggsey. At times I have to work with a couple of girls who are built like giraffes, its like a Bridget Jones thing, skinny, long legs, big boobs and huge boobs. And the giraffe eyelashes....would be ok except they dont play nice...and dealing with them is a pain in the bum. and that will be my morning instead of cuddling a sweet new baby.
                Ahhhh all explained. Like my reference to skinny women being built like stick insects. They usually don't have big boobs.
                So when do you think you can get down?

Comment

Oops look at the time. I have to go. See you all tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Hello all lovelies!!! Here is the promised pie recipe...hope you enjoy.

Tawny must be checking the fences!

Where's Reggie?

Tiny little kiss on the forehead to Bump.....

I hope today is spesh for you!!! You know, yesterday I thought I was lucky to be alive but TODAY I feel even MORE lucky........ Who knows why, but I'm going to embrace it - for sure!!!

Hugs, Nicey.

NICEY’S MIDNIGHT PIE

Ingredients
                    1 store brand butter cake mix
                    1 cup desiccated coconut
                    1 can fruit – pear/peaches/apricot/mix fruit/seedless cherries (you can use any fruit you like. You can also use bananas and instead of cinnamon sugar on top you could drizzle with caramel sauce)
                    125gms butter
                    2 eggs
                    1 tbspn sugar
                    1 carton sour cream
                    Cinnamon sugar

Base
                    1 store brand butter cake mix
                    1 cup of desiccated coconut
                    125gm butter

Prep of Base

In a bowl, combine butter cake mix and coconut.
                    Melt butter and add to cake mix and coconut.
                    Mix together until all butter has been absorbed and mixture is like a pastry.

Press mix evenly into a pie dish – including up the sides.

Bake (temp 180) for 15-20 mins or until a very light golden brown. Remove from oven when done and if it has risen too much just pat down gently with the back of a spoon.

Filling

1 carton sour cream
                    2 eggs
                    1 tbspn sugar
                    1 can fruit (well drained)

Mix sour cream, sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix with mixer on medium until well blended.

Arrange fruit evenly in cooked base (no need to let the base cool) and pour filling onto arranged fruit.

Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and cook for a further 20 mins or until golden brown on top and centre is firm.
                    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning Gang,

Missy - you ok? Miss your early morning post.

Good to see you back, Kaza.

Yikes, x-post Nicey ... guess butter cake mix will be on the shopping list today. Thanks!

May your day be filled with good stuff.

Comment

yep TF - just that my best friend's daughter got hit by a bus yesterday (nothing fatal, but she was totally knocked over and hit her head on the ground) and she is looking after her daughter at home. So I am busy covering her work while at the same time interviewing for new staff
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning All.
                          I can already tell I am going to have a shit of a day today
                          I'll be giving that recipe a go, Nicey. Presumably it still turns out if you are sober and it is early in the day:H

What horrible thing for your friend Missy. I watched a little school girl die when I was a kid. Run over by a milk truck. Her Mum was having a nap at home and dreamt about it. Horrid it was.

Hope everyone is having a cracker.

I'm going to go and change my thoughts, because according to the Secret, thoughts become things. That would make me a great big liver with shit on it.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Stuck in hiatus - but guess what - I have wifi!! how exciting, hope I dont get sprung...I'm giggling on Bridgeys last post...

Missy, thats really nasty about your friends daughter, she is lucky - well I guess - that it wasnt worse.

These bloody idiots are running late for an 11 o'clock meeting....

Comment

And adding cake mix to my shopping list thanks Nicey..might need some sour cream too

Comment

BTW - you will need a LARGE can of fruit......
                                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X