Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicey, that cake sounds delicious. I will ask my mom to make it when she's here.

MB, sorry to hear about your friends daughter.

Haps, I was SO looking forward to that coffee cake. The baby is waiting for cuddles from you!

So when people said you will do laundry every day when you have a baby, I was sure they were mistaken. They were not. I can not tell you how many blankets or clothes baby goes through every time he wees. The washer already broke. So hubs is running errands now and is going to buy a new washer for delivery right away because it is a must with a baby.

Also heard from the woman who has a tumor and cancer, that I met while buying baby clothes. Her daughter is 4 days overdue and is in New Zealand, so she couldn't get there because she was having the tumor removed. She said things are worse than expected and she starts radiation right away. I told her to come on over when she wants and meet the baby. At least if she can't be with her daughter, I hope she can get some comfort spending some time with me and bub. Having my parents so far away makes me understand the heartbreak behind this, because if they could not be here because of a life threatening illness, I would be heartbroken.

Moving on, baby is gaining weight like little champ. The dogs are home now and everyone is happy. I think hubs is a bit stressed because he is now doing all the work and tasks and errands. Lots to do.

Hope you all are enjoying your day. Thursdays are great I reckon. Nice grey skies here, and looking forward to a bit of rain.

To anyone lurking, I hope you are well!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

G'day

sorry to hear about ginger HP

Missy thats terrible about your friend,

looks like I'l have to go shopping Nicey, recipe sounds yum

how you and baby going Sunny, hope you are getting plenty rest, when you can

TF Bridge Rags HP, your chooks all look good, still have mine to post, have spent most of the morning trying, I can get the photos into photobucket, but don't seem to be able to post them here, I must be missing something, any suggestions would be appreciated, as its beginning to do my head in.

Comment

Hi Sunny
        lots of washing for a wee baby, is'nt there, you will be so looking forward to seeing your parents, forcast is for rain this weekend,

Comment

last interviewee for the day cancelled, so I have a bit of unexpected time.

I've been sitting on some thoughts about yesterdays posts and Mr G's one .... at some point I might be articulate enough to voice them without pissing anyone off

For anyone with kids who are tied by their earphones to their i-pods or MP3s ........ my friend's daughter (aged 14) had caught the bus home from school, was crossing the road to her house and didn't notice the bus coming from the other direction . She is extremely lucky that the bus was just pulling out from the bus stop, and was going really slowly.

But the other thing that makes me mad was that the bus driver left her to go home .... he checked that there was going to be someone else there (her 16-year old brother) but basically didn't do much more than that - despite knowing that she had hit her head and couldn't support her weight walking. And to compound things she went home and lay on the couch and didn't contact either of her parents (who are seperated). She thinks she is invincible.
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Lillypond059;1321982 wrote: I can get the photos into photobucket, but don't seem to be able to post them here, I must be missing something,
            Lilly - when you're in Photobucket, underneath the pic you want to post is an Image Code. [IMG]http:/etc etc. Copy that code into your post

Comment

ok Thanks Tawn, I'll give that a go, hopefully you will see some pics today

Comment

Sunny - it's so lovely that you've invited that poor woman into your life. It will be a bitter/sweet experience for her. You're very generous.

Missy - I hear you on the earphones thing. We're getting a lot of cyclists knocked over because of the same thing. They can't actually hear the traffic.

My little IGA hasn't got any of the butter cake mix. Bugger. It's the new challenge.

Comment

sunshinetoday;1321981 wrote:
                  So when people said you will do laundry every day when you have a baby, I was sure they were mistaken. They were not. I can not tell you how many blankets or clothes baby goes through every time he wees. The washer already broke. So hubs is running errands now and is going to buy a new washer for delivery right away because it is a must with a baby.

BTW it never gets any better with boys

Lillypond059;1321982 wrote:
                  I can get the photos into photobucket, but don't seem to be able to post them here, I must be missing something, any suggestions would be appreciated, as its beginning to do my head in.
                  Go to photobucket album.
                  Roll the cursor over the pic you want and there will be some options in code.
                  Chose the last one. It says something like 'img' in it.
                  Click on that option and it will flash 'copied'
                  Come over hear and start your new post.
                  Click the cursor on your post page and then right click the mouse and click 'paste'
                  A code/link will appear and when you post .....all will be revealed....
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hiya Liliy, I love the rain in between sunny days.

TF, I think we are all connected in some way just by being here on this earth.

Bridge, I can only imagine what it will be like in the future.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I shouldn't do this but I will. An IP address. Does anyone know what that entails? It's how they track who you are when you go on the web. So the stupid person that signed on under that name (and I am sure Tawny's reported them) is shiat outta luck and could be blocked... permanently... and not be able to log on under their regular name.

Guess what?
                      Turns out Zen was correct above.
                      I phoned my puter genius mate and he's all over it.....
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

sunshinetoday;1321999 wrote: Bridge, I can only imagine what it will be like in the future.
                        Yes you can, and I think we'd better leave it that way for now:H
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Back home and annoyed. Could have spent my time today MUCH better.

Now, did I hear the word C.H.A.L.L.E.N.G.E??? as in the Midnight Pie challenge....of course, we cant start until Lilly gets her chook up...but I'm game...

And Sunny, Mr Sunny will get the hang of it. It just take a little time, just a shift in the job descriptions.

Comment

... we need Missy's Chook pics too ...

Comment

Miss Behaving;1321987 wrote:
                              For anyone with kids who are tied by their earphones to their i-pods or MP3s ........ my friend's daughter (aged 14) had caught the bus home from school, was crossing the road to her house and didn't notice the bus coming from the other direction . She is extremely lucky that the bus was just pulling out from the bus stop, and was going really slowly.
                              Mine are glued to them...glued I tell you. We've got rules about being outdoors with them on after I nearly ran a child over with them in...again travelling slowly..but heart attack stuff. Its the indoors I've got to deal with now.

off to the shops...

Comment

Here goes, brushed with Terika sauce, had roast veg and stuffing with it, was lovely.
                                Thanks Tawn & Bridge for the help. sorry first photo a bit blurry

Comment

Working...
                                X