Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day

Piddling down rain here,

Tawn, how did Niceys pie turn out, will make my one over the weekend

Sunny that is so exciting for you, your parents coming over, how long are they staying.

Terrible news with the earthquake, poor buggers

HP n Bridge have you made your pies yet..

Missy hope you are okay, and hope you have a nice wekend.

Kaza good to see you again, are you joining in with challenge of making Nicey pie.

Hi Reg, Techie, and anyone I may have missed, hope you are all having a good day

Comment

tawnyfrog;1322530 wrote: Nicey Pie - tick ...
      NO!!!

And can I ask what pie tin you used? I'm flummoxed on that one...

Comment

Haven't made the pie yet Lilly, but I have had a rather nice slice of butter cake. Now need to buy more butter cake mix. Its pouring here too but we're not that far away from each other.

Comment

myhappyplace;1322536 wrote: Haven't made the pie yet Lilly, but I have had a rather nice slice of butter cake. Now need to buy more butter cake mix. Its pouring here too but we're not that far away from each other.
          I have to buy all the ingredients yet, that will happen tomorrow,
          No were not far from each other.

Comment

myhappyplace;1322535 wrote:

And can I ask what pie tin you used? I'm flummoxed on that one...
            Red 10" le Creuset pie plate.

Hi Lilly - it turned out really well. Very yummy crust.

It's stopped raining here but there's a pretty nasty wind - the sort that makes for a Bad Head day but I'm certainly not complaining.

Sunny - I'm so happy that your parents are on their way.

Bridge - thanks for the lunchtime Doobies.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1322539 wrote: Red 10" le Creuset pie plate.

Righto, I've just googled that one. I reckon I'll have to double the recipe to fit it into the whopper I've got in mind...and dont say what fruit you used, thats part of the surprise..

Comment

[quote]tawnyfrog;1322539 wrote: Red 10" le Creuset pie plate.

Tawn I'm looking forward to making it, it will be inetesting to see how they all turn out.

Originally posted by myhappyplace
                Righto, I've just googled that one. I reckon I'll have to double the recipe to fit it into the whopper I've got in mind...and dont say what fruit you used, thats part of the surprise..
                not sure what size my dish is, better measure before I go shopping,

Comment

Got some cooking and planting to do this weekend. We've doubled the vegie patch and now also got 3 new sleeper beds around the bbq area. So hopefully we can do it around the rain. Not whingeing about that one its been a while since we had some. Any special plans Undies? Apart from Sunny and her family all being together?

Comment

myhappyplace;1322544 wrote: Got some cooking and planting to do this weekend. We've doubled the vegie patch and now also got 3 new sleeper beds around the bbq area. So hopefully we can do it around the rain. Not whingeing about that one its been a while since we had some. Any special plans Undies? Apart from Sunny and her family all being together?
                    I'm not whingeing about the rain either, its great to fill our tanks, not sure what were up to at the weekend, we were going to be going out in the caravan, which we not long bought, but once we seen the forecast for the wekend, decided not to, maybe hopefully get to go June long weekend

Hope you get your vegie beds done, you have done a lot since you moved house HP,

I've just had a scone jam n cream Yum, and cup of tea..

Comment

tawnyfrog;1322524 wrote: Arvo all - just heard there's been another 5.2 earthquake in Christchurch. No major damage. Don't know how those poor buggers can keep living there.
                      They've been pretty continuous over the last year .... some are big but deep, others are not so big but shallow. It's the shallow ones that cause the most damage and the ones today were a bit too shallow for comfort

The population of Chch has dropped dramatically over the last year. Ironically, it is now where all the jobs are (because of the reconstruction effort) so there is now a move back. One of my nephews, and two of his friends have just got jobs down there - none have school qualifications, and all have been on the dole for a while, but have been offered apprenticeships by construction companies. And with unemployment being what it is, what choice do they have?? None of them are that happy about going down there, and the wages they have been offered are rubbish, but it is a chance to gain a qualification.

I'm feeling a bit despondent about NZ's economic prospects at the moment. I sort of have an open offer for a job in Sydney and at the moment I'm thinking about how I could make it work. Mr B hasn't had full-time work for three years now, and nothing at all since late last year .... we might need to think about some "outside the box" solutions.

We normally don't stretch to anything more than ice-cream for dessert but I might just have to try doing the pie over the weekend.
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Its lovely Lilly. Having your own home particularly when you've got kids is just the best feeling. I know I rattle on at times but it's one of the key things to staying sober now for me.

Anyway, time to throw some fertiliser around the plants. Then I'll join you for a cuppa. Going to pass on a scone, had my cake ration today I think.

Comment

X-posted Missy...back soon...let the pieathon commence...

Comment

sunshinetoday;1322512 wrote:
                            Parents will be leaving San Francisco in an hour on their way to Auckland, then the Gold Cost. So excited.
                            :l

You now sometimes, when I'm meeting people off international flights, I just really enjoy watching everybody else. Particularly when people are meeting up for significant occasions. There was a really lovely Air NZ ad a few years ago about a couple meeting their first grandchild for the first time (of course after they had taken an Air NZ flight to see baby!!) that tugged at my heart strings every time I saw it.

Have a great time with your parents Sunny and enjoy every minute of it

It is just after 7pm, I'm in my jarmies, and Mr B has just downloaded Series Four of "Lewis". See y'all tomorrow
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MB, that's a funny about the commercial. My parents pretty much always fly Air NZ here, and the reunions are always lovely. I can't wait ti watch their reactions to meeting little Leon for the first time.

I'm excited for the pie a thon piccies.

It is a bummer about the quakes in Christchurch. I always wanted to live in San Francisco for my adult life, but the earthquakes they have had there leave behind an enormous amount a devastation and sadness.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Yikes Undies ... it seems we've just had the coldest and wettest May day in 12 years so I think I might cave up in the cot with the remote and lappie.

Have invited a mate for a sleepover tomorrow (see? I'm getting better) and I'm really looking forward to her visit. She's one of those lovely calm women who always seems to have something nice on her mind. We'll do a nice big and long fireside lunch with lots of little tasting-plate type dishes; a little supper and an early night followed by a fantastic brunch on Sunday morning after which she'll bugger off again. Ideal visitation.

Have a lovely weekend, my fellow Undiearians. Don't let any shit clog your chakras.

***waving to anybody who might be lurking ***

Sorry Sunny - obviously typing too slow. der . Very nice to know Bump's name. It's a noble name.

Comment

Working...
                                X