Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoos, friends in the cheap seats, and special guests. May 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness me that is a strong name for Bumpy.
    I must say Sunny, you are sounding right on top of it at this early stage.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New bump picture. Leaving now to pick up parents. It's our first outing. SO strange to now think it's normal to stay in the house everyday and not leave. So Bridge I know what you mean.

TF, your sleepover sounds lovely. Being a guest at your house sounds like staying at a B&B. I hope you're sharing photos of the food.

Not sure what they rest of the day will hold but loving it all!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I'll tell you what the rest of the day holds...cleaning Nicey Pie innards from the walls, curtains and the dog indeed

As a posthumus OHS warning....... do keep a firm hold of potential pie fillings in slippery bowls when using blenders on warp speed.

What a bloody unmitigated disaster.
        There will be a Nicey Pie in Jonestown, but much smaller than intended.
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just a quick question. If I can't get the butter cake box in the U.S. would it be okay to use just a recipe for butter cake?

Sunny, what a gorgeous child. Yes, he already looks learned and how exciting for you and your parents.

As sheep would say, carry on Undies.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Nicey Pie done. Check. Bridge what a shame! Locusts think the house smells like donuts...why I dont know....could be the filling? SK I think a recipe would work fine, but the resident expert is Nicey, so not 100%.

Sunny, hope your enjoying your day and sure that you and yours will be.

Back to the kitchen/garden...

Comment

Just a heads up too, I left it 5 minutes too long and the top caramelised in some spots. Dont think it will hurt and I can always cover it in ice cream??

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1323091 wrote: I'll tell you what the rest of the day holds...cleaning Nicey Pie innards from the walls, curtains and the dog indeed

As a posthumus OHS warning....... do keep a firm hold of potential pie fillings in slippery bowls when using blenders on warp speed.

What a bloody unmitigated disaster.
                There will be a Nicey Pie in Jonestown, but much smaller than intended.
                thank you Bridge for my first laugh today!! I have an image of dog covered in pie mix :H:H

General and non-specific rummpage has continued today, although I am starting to feel a bit better. Despite being recently menopausal, I swear I still get PMS. So my new leaf didn't get turned today as planned, and I have been mooching around a bit, not being very productive, and feeling pissed off at myself for wasting the day ....... but I have very specific plans for tomorrow, starting with an 8am swim!!

Sunny - what a great name for the new chap! And take the opportunity of your folks' visit to rest and enjoy!!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Well the kitchen no longer looks like a giant bloody centrifuge thanks girls.
                  When I woke up this morning I was NOT thinking 'Oh Goody, deep clean day'

Missy can you imagine the dog franticly circling her own body trying to reach lumps of cream on the back of her own neck?
                  Missy I thinks it's OK to have a day like that now and then. We don't have to be slaves to our schedules all the time.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I was just thinking that too Bridge. Was going back to the garden, got distracted by pie and now Mr Happs has run off to sand timber. So time for a cuppa and some distraction before dropping locusts on their social life....wonder how Froglettes long lunch is going? and Sunnys family reunion? lots of nice stuff happening for Undies.

Comment

And Missy, just a question? whats the water temperature at the moment?

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1323131 wrote: Well the kitchen no longer looks like a giant bloody centrifuge thanks girls.
                        When I woke up this morning I was NOT thinking 'Oh Goody, deep clean day'

Missy can you imagine the dog franticly circling her own body trying to reach lumps of cream on the back of her own neck?
                        Missy I thinks it's OK to have a day like that now and then. We don't have to be slaves to our schedules all the time.
                        Bridge you make me laugh and that is a good thing - thanks. I'm far too serious and my counsellor is talking me through the concept of having "down days". Days where nothing is planned and I go with the flow. I'm not that great on them yet, but I'm getting better :thanks:

myhappyplace;1323132 wrote: I was just thinking that too Bridge. Was going back to the garden, got distracted by pie and now Mr Happs has run off to sand timber. So time for a cuppa and some distraction before dropping locusts on their social life....wonder how Froglettes long lunch is going? and Sunnys family reunion? lots of nice stuff happening for Undies.
                        I'm thinking of other Undies as well - new, old; frequent posters, intermittent posters, lurkers; those with chooks and birds and cats and dogs with space to run around in and those like me that don't even have space for a washing line ; those that have boats and those that have avocado trees, and those that have instruments like sextants and lathes; musicians and singers and DJs; those with new borns and teenagers and grandchildren and elderly parents; gourmet chefs and those who can't boil an egg ..........

and just thinking how nice it is to be part of such a diverse group, and how we are all pretty normal really, and how wherever we are on our journey that we have a lot in common in how we work our way through everyday life

myhappyplace;1323134 wrote:
                        And Missy, just a question? whats the water temperature at the moment?
                        11-12 degrees in Wellington Happy In other words f*********ng freezing!! I am determined to do the mid winter swim this year, so I am going to try to acclimatize myself over the next few weeks, but I'm mostly going to do my distance swims in the pool!!

But it is nicer up north!!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

What a lovely post Missy. :h

Comment

myhappyplace;1323155 wrote: What a lovely post Missy. :h
                            agreed!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Arrrgh, got to go out to a birthday bash. It's cold and I've put on weight.

Question: Would it be poor etiquette to turn up to the restaurant in leopard print PJ pants, give her a big hug and her pressie, then rack off back home just in time for a Lifestyle Channel marathon? I could site agoraphobia, right?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Lovely first outing today. We went down to the local surf club and enjoyed beautiful blue skies and views to Surfers Paradise. We had a long late lunch an just chillaxed. Baby slept the whole time.

I begged my parents to bring me some American goodies. They confiscated my favorite dressing, 2 big bottles of it. Then they were going to take the cake mix. I mean really, is it necessary?! Cake mix a threat? Ha!

Anyhoo, I hope all of you had lovely days and great nights ahead.
                                Blessed to have my family, and blessed to have my MWO family here.

Comment

Working...
                                X