Army Thread Wednesday 1st May (May Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did, but I am kinda looking forward to having a night in tonight lol, been gone all weekend!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good morning Jan, Satz, Starty, Pingu, Molly, Oney and everyone else to come

Pingu and Starty-sounds like you have some lovely get away weekends planned! Starty-say hello to Chill for me!
      Oney-hope you recover soon from your Druid massage!
      Satz-great advice you gave our Mollers last night. We do have to be a bit self(ish). Us alkies are sensitive folks and if we're not careful we can let people depress us or just drive us mad. I'm still working on the overly sensitive bit (and low self-esteem)-but I'm improoving!
      Jan-loved your Happy May pole post to start us off this morning:goodjob:

Comment

A fruit day? em, would rather stick pins in my eyes, actually, on that note, I am thinking of getting hypnotised into liking healthy wank, you reckon it would work?

Pattypoo, he battered me, but he was gorgeous so it was worth it!

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

http://youtu.be/QXoca0rbQlA[/video]]Bring flowers of the rarest (Queen of the May) - Aisling - YouTube
          Here ya go Molly.:l
          Such a sweet little girl-brings back memories.

Comment

Molly, I am SO much better in that regard, it used to CRIPPLE me, funny tho, when I started not to give a shit, Rob did not get the response he unwittingly expected, so his moods only lasted half the time...as i did not fuel them with "what have I done wrong" questions.....

Hang in there hon, baby steps to the indifference, just always keep it at the forefront of your mind that NOTHING anyone does is because of you!

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1308082 wrote: A fruit day? em, would rather stick pins in my eyes, actually, on that note, I am thinking of getting hypnotised into liking healthy wank, you reckon it would work?

Pattypoo, he battered me, but he was gorgeous so it was worth it!
              LMAO!!:H:H:H

Comment

mollyka;1308087 wrote: AAAAAhhhh Patty - that's the one - isn't she a sweetie!! Actually it was the Canon Sydney MacEwan version that my Dad used to love - just saw a link to it in that Utube clip --- feel positively evangelical:H:H jaysus the nuns must be turning in their graves at me talkin about hymns ---- they used to spit at me 'you're a pagan child':H
                I picked that rendition because all the other ones I saw on youtube kept flashing Holy pictures of Mary-so I thought this one would be more politically correct.:H
                LMAO at "You're a pagan child":H
                I actually had a little altar in my room and would make flower crowns for my Mary statue.:H

Comment

I should add that the altar was gone by the time I reached sixteen and started thinking about boys!:H All ideas of becoming a nun (or a saint,lmao!) went out the window!:H
                  Off to walk pug dog. Back laters xxx

Comment

The May Altar..OMG, had forgotten...and that May is the month of Mary song!!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good morning Janners, Satzuma, Starters, Pinguupants, Mollymoo, Oney, Expatty

White rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army bucking down again. Pingu and starty lovely breaks to look forward to i hope you good weather. Was awake since 5am so just before 7 i decided to walk over to friggin Tesco. Got the bus as heavy stuff to carry and the rain got worse. I found as i got older i cared less about what people said or thought but can still be a sensitive at times. I don't have a grumpy spouse to put up with so sometimes i'm glad to be single:H. I'm going to addiction centre today to see about group thertapy and an acupunture session which is my first so looking forward to it tho not the walk to luas and back to get there. Going to get back to bed for a nana nap as my appointment is not till 2pm. Got most of the shopping out of the way this morning so i don't have to go later. Well doner for ditching the sleeping pills Jan they can be addictive and your sleep will improve in time. Off to sleep be back later.

Comment

Morning Fireyfoxy,
                          You'll have to let me know about the acupuncture. I can get a go at that at work.

Oners are there any fruit at all you like?

Honestly I never would have thought in a million days I would have eaten a satzuma rather than a biscuit.

Why not give all the exotic ones a go. Like mangoes, figs, start fruit and them teeny weeny orangey ones that I can't remember the name off.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That's it. Kumquats. Ta mollers.

Do you know Firey, I'm a bit excited for you. Mind you I know exactly how you feel, it's a bit daunting but you'll be grand.:l
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all

Woke up today from a deep sleep and thought it was Saturday and it was only Tuesday! Hoping the eldest is feeling better - she went to bed feeling like crapola - sinus problems, We are all still having the allergy attacks from hell.

Anyway - Oney - Druid Massage? Hard to find a good Druid to give you a massage isn't it? :H

I could use an overhall....accupuncture, massage, vacation at the ocean for a month, cleanse and therapy session. I think I really need a tune-up!

Hope everyone is well. Have a wonderful day
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

mollyka;1308078 wrote: Achully -- any Irish peeps --- dya remember the hymn we used to sing in school for the 1st of May 'bring flowers of the fairest - bring flowers of the rarest' was the first line? I fecking HATE hymns and all that shite, but I always loved that one - ah shit it's in my head now!!
                                " Queen of the May " Mollers
                                Yes I remembered going around in a too short communion dress . The lucky girls got to throw rose petals. Not me I was never picked for that - too poor & FAT !!!
                                'Effin nuns - such COWS !!!
                                Scourge of my life till I got out at 18.................... weapons :yuk:

Comment

Working...
                                X