Army Thread Wednesday 1st May (May Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JackieClaire;1308104 wrote: That's it. Kumquats. Ta mollers.

Do you know Firey, I'm a bit excited for you. Mind you I know exactly how you feel, it's a bit daunting but you'll be grand.:l
    Ah far from feckin KUMQUATS yiz were reared :H:H:H
    Good luck Foxy :l

Comment

one2many;1308143 wrote: LOL Waggy, he was hot tho, so it WAS worth it!

Hate Nuns Satz.

Back on track Limers, you know now for defo that it is what you DON'T want, you came back here and were honest and back on day one! That is a huge step forward. You live and learn and maybe you needed it to MAKE SURE...I think you are bacl on track for good now. Try not to focus on being back on day one but instead revel in the fact that you now KNOW FOR DEFO that drinking is not for you and remove it from your life for GOOD!

May is the month of Mary, Month that we love so well, Mary is God's own mooooooooooooooooooooooooother, gladly her praise we tell!
      Jesus Oney - did someone open a window in here ?

I think a crow flew in :H:H:H

Comment

JackieClaire;1308144 wrote: Aww God love ya, Limers.

I must be the only proddy on the thread. Do yas still loves me.
        JC - I'm not a Catholic any more ................. or a proddie - or any organised religion - haven't been since I was in late 20s - left it till then to get the kids reared.
        Ahead of the posse on that one. not surprisingly really more and more Irish are following in the ranks.

Comment

Just deleted my question, I was told never to discuss religion you never know where it leads !!
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Panno;1308203 wrote: Awe Mrs A hope your feeling better soon :l:l

:welcome: Nakeeta and congratulations on Day 1

I'm a proddy too JC, although I think I have been in more catholic churches, have to say they are spectacular

I take it then all nuns are not like them in the Sound of Music :upset:
            Ah Panno - don't get me started on Churches & the wealth in the Vatican :upset:
            Yep the churches are spectacular - always were while the ordinary peolpe starved & still do !!!

Our Parish growing up was not rich I can tell you - but each of the 6 priests had a 3/4 bedroomed house on the grounds of the Church EACH !!!

Rant over !!!!!

Comment

Panno;1308288 wrote: Just deleted my question, I was told never to discuss religion you never know where it leads !!
              Ah come on Panno - just us here :H:H

Comment

HUGS to Limeypoo :l:l:l

Comment

anon;1308260 wrote: Just been talking to my son in law on skype from the eiffel tower! Looks sunny.
                  Expat he is living on Perre Brossolette in Montrouge. Do you know where that is?
                  Was in Paris once only. Stayed on the Bould St Michael :notes:
                  "Where do you go to my lovely when your aloooooone in your beeeeeed " :notes::microphone:

Jesus I need food !

Comment

satz123;1308296 wrote: Was in Paris once only. Stayed on the Bould St Michael :notes:
                    "Where do you go to my lovely when your aloooooone in your beeeeeed " :notes::microphone:

Jesus I need food !
                    :H my college in the office thinks I'm going mad pmsl
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

pingu1997;1308243 wrote: They're going to write a report to the school recommending useful stuff like.."
                      Please don't expect her to sit on the floor with her legs crossed, because she can't
                      She needs stuff to fiddle with, don't take it off her
                      Give her regular movement breaks
                      Don't expect her to concentrate for ages and work independently for long periods
                      Make her use her special pencil
                      Don't over stimulate
                      Have proactive time out sessions
                      Do finger and hand exercises before she has to write
                      Let her sit on the sit n move cushion
                      Put a thick book under her feet so they can rest on there

And so on

Whether the school,will listen tho?
                      Sounds good Pingu:l
                      I too had to keep at the school to get help for my child. There's a few of us on here that have kids that need that bit of extra help in different ways. Thank God, they (in the schools) are starting to see kids as the unique individuals they are-and not just "another brick in the wall". We still have a looong way to go-but it's getting better-and as parents we have to stay at them and fight for our kids. I've had a lot of support from people here on MWO plus I've searched out a few support groups( parents of dyslexic children, ADHD) here in France too. :l It has really helped to keep me sane.

Comment

anon;1308260 wrote: Just been talking to my son in law on skype from the eiffel tower! Looks sunny.
                        Expat he is living on Perre Brossolette in Montrouge. Do you know where that is?
                        It is sunny here today!
                        Montrouge is only about 30 minutes or so from where I live.
                        LMAO at Satz and Panno!:H

Comment

The school have not been supportive so far but maybe that will change now? They have to address her writing and pencil control. And hopefully will stop,picking on her about the rest, and maybe even do something proactive to help
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Awhh poor Tigget, hope it gets sorted out soon x

LOL Satz ya bint
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Oh and I am a very proud, very stanch and dedicated Pagan!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

expat3;1308304 wrote: Sounds good Pingu:l
                                I too had to keep at the school to get help for my child. There's a few of us on here that have kids that need that bit of extra help in different ways. Thank God, they (in the schools) are starting to see kids as the unique individuals they are-and not just "another brick in the wall". We still have a looong way to go-but it's getting better-and as parents we have to stay at them and fight for our kids. I've had a lot of support from people here on MWO plus I've searched out a few support groups( parents of dyslexic children, ADHD) here in France too. :l It has really helped to keep me sane.
                                Hiya patty ...
                                I absolutly ditto that...
                                The good things well that have come out of this separation; me stopping drinking and at last Ollie is gonna get profesional help..up in Santa Cruz, the islands cap?tal

& a big hello to the rest of the gang....right back to cleaning...
                                Hang on, today is meant to be workers day off..... :H

Comment

Working...
                                X