MAYkin' It Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Here we go guys! This is our monthly thread where we say how great things are, or how crappy we feel at the moment. Anything goes. Share how you feel and keep us posted on your journey, we are all in this together!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

MAYkin' It Sober

I feel pretty crap after binging last night... but I just exercised and have eaten healthy today so...I am going to make sure today is a BETTER DAY!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Niner, I just logged on to start the thread - glad you got a jump on it..........The wrist is better, thanks!!

OK, I'm feeling much better today.........it always passes, which is what we have to remember!

Hey RQ, WW, and everyone else stopping by. I'll check in later.

xx,
      UN

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Love the title of this thread K9!
        You rock!
        Between this thread and then may Makeover thread, we will be kicking butt and thin names in every area!

Ok, so I am sober and happy. I have a LOT of stress right now, but instead of thinking woe is me and why can't I drink, I'm saying "Thank God I am not drinking and I don't need that to feel better". My dad is not feeling so hot with the leukemia, my sister is about to have a drug addicted baby, my other sister announced she is pregnant with her 6th baby. My brother is not talking to me because I called the cops on his drinking and driving ass. And My mom is using because her roommate died of an overdose in front of her. Makes sense, right? Oh, and I have some medical issues, which I'm sure is partly from stress. I need some time off of work to get everything squared away but I don't want to ask for any trouble. The climate is very stressful right now. My step-daughters mother had a psychotic break because she stopped taking her bi-polar medication, so she is moving in with us. I am really glad, as I have always thought she should live with us, but stressful all the same. Baby mama drama, lol.

*Edited to add that I started back to school today too! On-line program to finish my BSN and bridge to MSN. Super psyched.

Anyhoo, I think that's it in a nutshell. But I am grateful to be sober so that I can deal with all that is life.
        Hoe everyone is having a happy May Day.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Guys, May is a fresh start for us all. I`ve got two days Al Free under my belt but no big commitments here except to gorge on veggies and move for an hour a day this month. Being alcohol free would be an added bonus... being moderate is more likely what`s going to happen. I am ok with that as I have been pretty moderate in the past few months thanks entirely to this site.

I stayed off this site for a few weeks as I felt I was addicted, but I seem to have my computer time on a more reasonable schedule lately so I`m back again, tripping along enjoying your company.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hello Everyone,

April done and on the May! Goals for this month are no drinking (of course), running my miles 15 seconds quicker, and taking some time to smell the roses. On with it!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Everyone, thanks K9 for getting things going. UW glad your feeling better, Nursie have you considered removing yourself from some of your struggles. Everyone else good luck and make all the effort you can for a AF May. Time to get back to work, just came in for a quick noon time nap. I'v been sleeping a lot more and better sense I haven't been drinking.

Take Care WW
              100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Nursie -
                I am blown away by everything you are dealing with, seriously. I cannot even begin to imagine! You have my upmost respect, you really do. You are showing some serious strength and dedication by remaining AF through all of this.:huggy

I'm glad to see so many in our little thread already, the more the merrier! Post everyday, it helps! Even if you don't have much to say, we love to hear from everyone. Sometimes I think my posts are B-O-R-I-N-G, but it doesn't stop me from posting, now does it? LOL

I'll check in on my fellow gangstas later!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Nursie;1308495 wrote: Love the title of this thread K9!
                  You rock!
                  Between this thread and then may Makeover thread, we will be kicking butt and thin names in every area!

Ok, so I am sober and happy. I have a LOT of stress right now, but instead of thinking woe is me and why can't I drink, I'm saying "Thank God I am not drinking and I don't need that to feel better". My dad is not feeling so hot with the leukemia, my sister is about to have a drug addicted baby, my other sister announced she is pregnant with her 6th baby. My brother is not talking to me because I called the cops on his drinking and driving ass. And My mom is using because her roommate died of an overdose in front of her. Makes sense, right? Oh, and I have some medical issues, which I'm sure is partly from stress. I need some time off of work to get everything squared away but I don't want to ask for any trouble. The climate is very stressful right now. My step-daughters mother had a psychotic break because she stopped taking her bi-polar medication, so she is moving in with us. I am really glad, as I have always thought she should live with us, but stressful all the same. Baby mama drama, lol.

*Edited to add that I started back to school today too! On-line program to finish my BSN and bridge to MSN. Super psyched.

Anyhoo, I think that's it in a nutshell. But I am grateful to be sober so that I can deal with all that is life.
                  Hoe everyone is having a happy May Day.
                  Hi Niner and everyone,

Geez Nursie, you've sure got a bit on yer plate!

Can i say, you are an absolute STAR. Your attitude is spot on and first rate, and you are such an impressive person. I wish for you safe travels, and a happy, healthy month ahead. Study too? Wow! :goodjob:

Best wishes everyone. Think positive and kick some arse in your own way. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Jeez Nursie
                    your post makes ME want to drink!! (I am kidding)
                    I repsect you too..amazing
                    Sober May for this bear!!!
                    Glad you are feeling better UN!!
                    Come on Tipp and Research...let;s DO this!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9
                      have you shredded any lbs??
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Yay! Great start to May. No AL, I'm 60 weeks into my weight loss regimen. But I began an 8 week toning program so hopefully I'm done losing weight but I love the exercise and running. AL is slipping further and further behind me. Giving it up altogether is hard for whatever reason, but I'm getting there. It isn't worth compromising my family and most of all myself.
                        Living life to the fullest.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Thanks friends, WineWrangler, not sure what else I can do to remove myself. I have set limits with my family and stay out of the addicts lives. (aside from calling the cops on my brother because he was drinking and driving.
                          We have a lot of issues in our family for one reason. Our parents were alcoholics and addicts. They divorced and our step parents were alcoholics and addicts.

I can't be part of the cycle anymore! When I look at by baby boy's face, I can't let him grow up with me being like my mom and then coping the way we have all learned to cope.

Enough! It stops with me.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi all; Nursie, I was having a little pity party to myself earlier but after reading your post I have given myself a good boot up the ass! God love you, you have so much to deal with and you are doing it so well. I have great admiration for you. Stay strong - I will say a wee prayer that things ease up and get a little more bearable.....they will; your positive attitude is what will make that happen.
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

This is the month that on the 21st will be my 1 year af anniversary and I know that I couldn't do it alone. Thank you all for helping me and thank you god for helping me.:welcome: everyone!
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X