Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi MAYkers!

Nora - I'm glad your tests are done and nothing too serious showed up. Yep, time to stay AF and rack up the days...you can do it!

I feel very sleepy today. Went to church last night and didn't get into bed until 10:30 which is very LATE for me. I am in a rut and don't like my schedule messed up. Jeez you'd think I was 90 years old the way I get all pushed out of shape having to change my routine. LOL But at least it's Friday! I can kill the day somehow and still pretend to be busy. HA

This weekend is supposed to be very HOT, so my kid is planning on being at the pool the whole weekend. Her Nana (my ex mother in law) fell and broke her hip so we need to go visit her. I am still very close to her despite not being married to her son anymore. I hope she recovers quickly, she's had 2-3 strokes in the past, so I hope this latest setback isn't permanent.

Well not much to report as of right now. My kids room is still a mess! LOL

Have a great day peeps.

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9 -
      you don't have to post here if you are uncomfortable, but is church helping with your sobriety??
      I think it would be good for me if I could find a church I like
      and how is the shredding going??
      I have this visual of you inserting yourself into a paper shredder.....ooooowwwwwww
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Mama!

Yes, church is helping a lot. I was raised in my religion and took a "detour" for a LONG time, and now I am getting more involved again. My daughter loves it, she's a very spiritual person, it just seems to be part of her personality. She actually does a lot better than I do sometimes, as far as studying and reading and her determination to never miss church. She's really helped me get back into it actually!

My shredding is going as good as can be expected...I have 2 days left on Level 2, then Sunday I start Level 3. I previewed it the other day, and it looks flat out scary. The good news is I'm down 7 lbs and who knows how many inches, I haven't measured, but I can tell things are tightening up. LOL

It's only 9:00am here and I'm already dreading my workout, but I just have to suck it up and do it. Then again, sometimes I wonder why I even bother, my dogs don't care if I'm fat. LOL
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Alison, how cool that your internship start date is the same as your 1 year af date. Bad chapter closing, good chapter opening. That's the way to do it!

Nora, I know you're relieved that all of your worries are behind you - sounds like everything they figured out is very manageable. Every single little health issue I had has disappeared since quitting alcohol. It's taken several months and I didn't have anything bad, but what I had is gone. I feel unbelievable healthy and can't recommend AF highly enough. The trick is giving it enough time. I think it was Mohun who posted about that and it really is true. Six months is way better even than 4 months. For me at least, everything is getting exponentially better. I hope you can make a good go of it now that you have your health concerns put to rest. :l

Tip of the day: Avoid all MFers whenever possible.:H

Alls, WW, K9, Mama, BC, Dizzy, NL, FA, Nursie and anyone else stopping by today, have a wonderful sober day!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

i'm a big time lurker here. i have my plate full with the newbies nest-- but i had to peep in to tell you all much i love reading what you have to say. i feel inspired. have to change my "mood".
            have a great weekend!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi everyone. A quick check in for me from work. It was a beautiful sunny day here today.

Hi Lifechange. I hope you are well.

Have a wonderful and AF night all.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Today has been a productive day minus my 11 year old cat waking me up at 5 am with a fight cry (ether she is seeing another cat, or with her aging eyesight isn't seeing as well and sees her reflection in the porch) so I got about 5-6 hours of sleep. I did have my final final and still awaiting the final grade for 1 class. So far 2 A's a B and a B-.

I went out to dinner to celebrate and I stayed af. I was at a restaurant/bar and I saw a lot of people who is going to feel it in the morning. I am not going to and its a good thing because tomorrow is a very busy day for me.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

A special post to Our beautiful UN. I'm a day ahead of most of you and I know tomorrow I may not get a chance to post as it's Mother's day here.

Sooooo, I didn't want to miss out on celebrating UN's MAJOR achievement of clocking up SIX months AF!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Well done and hip hip hooray to you UN. You give us all so much and I'm guessing youll have lots of peeps a knowledging this special event. I'm also guessing you're pretty damn pleased with yourself!! and why not, you should be!!!!

Lots of love and hugs, Nicey.
                  It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey UN,

Six months ago today you became the director, fired alcohol and cast yourself in the leading role of your greatest epic story ever, YOUR LIFE!!! It might not have been easy - sobriety can be finicky, demanding, and difficult yet through it all you emerged stronger, wiser, better. You have always been willing to help others with your thoughtful, kind messages of a much better life AF. Congratulations on 6 (count’em 6) AF months, an over the top, mega-huge accomplishment!!!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi and a big congratulations to you Unwasted; I remember you from way back and have followed you every step of the way. I am genuinely so pleased for you.....your posts are always open, honest and heartfelt - so encouraging to look back on and see how your thinking has changed along the way. GO YOU!!!!!!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey Everyone,

Alison, way to go on your good grades!

Alls, Nicey and Daisy - thank you sweet people. I'm feeling so great - like I've busted through the sound barrier! The blah moments are fewer and farther between. Wow, half a year. I would NEVER have believed I could do this two years ago. When I think back to my misery of clutching on to alcohol..........it seems like a distant memory.

I really appreciate the support of everyone here.........looking forward to my next milestone.......one year here I come.

Lifechange and anyone new at this please keep trying because if I can do it, anyone can. You won't believe how much better you life can be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Congratulations Unwasted, Im so proud of you. You contribute enormous amount to others with your great success and advice. I always look forward to reading your posts.

Great Going WW
                          100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Checking in and although my day has been busy, I am af and loving it.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Congratulations for yesterday, UW. Sorry I missed it, I'm afraid I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I was diagnosed with PCOS and it rendered me broke as I don't have insurance and I had to ask my boyfriend for money.

ANYWAY, I'm so proud of you honey. 6 months is a very big mile stone to make and you are still here and strong. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Also, a big shout out to all the mothers on this special day. You have the most important job in the world and I take my hat off to you.

:h:h:h

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Thanks Dizzy and WW - your support means so much. Oh, and what is PCOS?

Busy day for me everyone but hoping everyone is doing well. Have a wonderful sober day........:l:l

xx,
                                UN

Comment

Working...
                                X