Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey Everyone,

Just giving our little thread a bump. K9 - I saw on the Nest the beast has been calling. Just tell him he IS...Going...To...Die!!! Hope those awful AL thoughts are gone and you keep your Shred on!

Have a great weekend to any,all who stop by. Take care
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi all! I did not drop off the planet...just lots going on etc.

Dropping by to wish all a sober and wonderful weekend (what's left of it) and to let you all know I keep up with everyone on this thread and hope to be able reply more specifically to everyone as I can.

xxoo:h

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Update on me. Did drink last night
        AF drinks that is and tonight is a repeat of the same. Loving the sober life!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Whew Drifty, you had me going for a second! Glad nothing held you back from your huge 1 year anniversary. Actually with leap year isn't today 1 year? Anyway great job on ridding your life of AL and never looking back!!!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Drifty you deserve a big old smack on the side of your head for that! :biatch: :H

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

People that know me call me ornery for a reason
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hard to imagine that last year at this time, I was drinking for the last time. So excited for tomorrow!

AF and proud of it!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Congratulations Alison! I'm so happy for you :happy:

I had a pretty uneventful weekend. Planned to do a lot in terms of cleaning and sorting but as it was our first 'Winter' weekend everything got postponed as I rather spent the time under the duvet with my laptop.

Oh well, sometimes we just need to be kind to ourselves too and I have been working really hard lately, so I guess I deserved some time at Club Duvet.

Its a good thing the gardener postponed Saturday's shift to come today as it was raining too much, otherwise I may have been tempted to stay in bed another day It can be tough working for oneself in Winter... I need to write an article on alternative energy resources in South Africa, just need some inspiration... :nutso: I guess failing that the second best thing will do - a huge mug of steaming coffee!

Have a great day everyone.
                  :h

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Congratulations Drifty - 1 huge year!!! 12 months ago you really started living!
                    Dizzy - hope some motivation comes your way, I work for myself too and sometimes it is soooo hard to get moving, especially on Mondays and even more so in the Winter. A huge coffee usually helps.
                    Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I made it! 1 YEAR AF!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

YAY DRIFTY!!!!
                        I am back and miserable and staying home today
                        wanna know why???
                        cause I drank all weekend and am upsetwith myself.it feels so good to be back home and HERE
                        It is good to remember it's not worth it....it really isn't
                        AGAIN.....YAYA DRIFTY!!
                        your previous post about drinking scared me for a minute!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi All!

Drifty...you GO girlfriend, you are seriously rockin this sobriety thing! I hope to be where you are some day...in about 218 days I will be!

Mama, I'm so sorry. Maybe you needed the reminder of where drinking leads. The damn beast is good at erasing our memory of the bad times. I've been romanticizing it myself lately...but it's time to throw on the brakes to that kind of thinking. I hope you don't feel TOO sick. Stick close to us, we're here for you :h

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Congratulations Drifty!
                            Fantastic job on one year AF! Can't wait until I can say the same. :goodjob:

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

MB I'm so sorry to hear that you drank and that you feel so poorly. :l

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

CONGRATULATIONS DRIFTY!!!!!
                                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X