Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi BC and Welcome!
    We are glad to have you here!! Stick close to us, you will learn a lot and sometimes get in a good laugh too! Good job on the 7 days, I know you had a setback with the wine, but just start over. I don't know anybody that made it on their first attempt (I wish I had a nickle for every time I quit, I'd be a millionaire). Stick close and share your experiences with us. I look forward to getting to know you!
    K9

Now, on another note, can someone please explain this monstrosity to me?
    Tanning booth mom calls arrest for taking daughter, 5, a misunderstanding; ‘It was a sunburn,’ dad says | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Kilo Niner (K9Lover) you are so nice and welcoming to everyone I admire your compassion, I guess when you have been where a lot of us have its easier to understand. Hope everyone is having a good day, I gota go fix a tractor, check in later.

WW
      100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

strains of Green Acres echoling in my head...
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9, I didn't read the story because I knew it would piss me off. I think she should be charged with child abuse. There is nothing that would make this acceptable, ever.

BC, welcome! Good to have you here!!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9---
            I was so focused on being witty I didn't read the link

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I saw this earlier on the net.....ridiculous....

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I used to work with a woman that was as "tan" as the mother. I called her Sofa because she looked like a leather couch. Well, I called her that behind her back of course, don't want to be rude. LOL

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9, whats the 30 day shred about?

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I call 'em pitcher's mitts!!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Thanks K9 for the warm welcome! I've read lots of your posts and you truly are a ray of sunshine for those of us in the darkness of AL use/abuse/dependence.

I am a single mom of 3 (one in college) and my drinking escalated to insane levels in the past two years following the loss of my job. White wine is definitely my poison (and I know it's a poison...especially after recently finishing the Carr book!) and I was up to well over a bottle a night before my most recent attempt to stop.

I have a wonderful BF who supports my efforts for sobriety and it looks like I'll get my old job back in September (union rules and all!) so I have a lot going for me. I know I need to be sober to take advantage of all the blessings I have in my life, so I really want to work this stint into forever!

I went 19 days AF last November and felt so good, but backslid until a week ago. I went 6 days AF then had one glass of wine last night (why?????) but am back on board now.

I also researched the 30 Day Shred online today (thanks again K9!) and ordered the DVD. How much would I love to lose some weight in the next month? Well....lots!!!

Again, my thanks for the wonderful welcome, and I'm really happy to be here!:h

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

limers;1309256 wrote: K9, whats the 30 day shred about?
                        Hi Limers,
                        It's a workout DVD led by Jillian Michaels, a personal trainer from the Bigest Loser TV show. She kicks ass, and if you follow her as closely as you can, you WILL see results. I'm only on day 9 and I've lost a couple of inches already. Not so concerned about a number on a scale, rather tightening up and fitting in smaller clothes.

BC - Try Jillians "Ripped in 30" also (after 30 day shred)....that will really get you going!

K9

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Thank you also Unwasted for your warm welcome as well! I apologize for my oversight in my earlier post.

You too have been a steadfast source of support for me as I work toward long term sobriety. You are truly inspiring!!

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Coming up on four full months in a week. I've never gone beyond this point in the past three recent quits and have never felt like I'm on stronger footing than right now. Posting and reading have been invaluable this time around, Thanks Guys!!!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

mama bear;1308574 wrote: Jeez Nursie
                              your post makes ME want to drink!! (I am kidding)
                              ROFL!! This sums it up for me as well Nursie! You are stellar, hun. I'm sure your stepdaughter's mom (did I get it right) will be well taken care of when she moves in with you. You have my admiration and sympathy for all that you have on your plate, and it goes without saying, for also remaining AF!:goodjob: Congrats on going back to school too. That's awesome.:l

Thanks for starting this thread K9, my ickle gangsta!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

BC, you're at about the level of drinking I was at when I couldn't take it anymore. I would wake up at 3 a.m. after my regular evening of slugging back the booze, panic stricken, heart pounding and anxiety ridden. I would lie there unable to go back to sleep until 5 or so, get up, feel like death warmed over, and have to function. Every single moment of the day seemed inescapable, feeling each and every pained movement, exhausted. Man, am I ever thankful, relieved, ecstatic, that I escaped the hell of addiction. Of course, we never get complacent around here because the cunning bastard AL can just take you over, even when you think you've triumphed. So, make a plan, stick with it, change your routine so that you're doing something different during your witching hour. Really wishing you the best - it's so worth it if you can get to the other side! TAKING YOUR LIFE BACK - that's what it's about. Hang in there, keep adding time, and don't expect too much too soon. By the way, you're super lucky to have a supportive BF - that's going to help you IMMENSELY!

Sorry, I got on a little rant there.

Alls, so happy that you're about to break your old record. Let us know if you need any additional support.....the gangsta chicks will think of something I'm sure!

Wow, loving all the action on this thread - K9, quite the gang bangin group you've roused up here!

Stay strong everyone...........:lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X