Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Good Morning my bitches!!!
    Sipping coofee and off to work in the hood......literally!!
    One week today...again...sigh
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Unwasted;1309416 wrote: BC, you're at about the level of drinking I was at when I couldn't take it anymore. I would wake up at 3 a.m. after my regular evening of slugging back the booze, panic stricken, heart pounding and anxiety ridden. I would lie there unable to go back to sleep until 5 or so, get up, feel like death warmed over, and have to function. Every single moment of the day seemed inescapable, feeling each and every pained movement, exhausted. Man, am I ever thanful, relieved, ecstatic that I escaped the hell of addiction. Of course, we never get complacent around here because the cunning bastard AL can just take you over, even when you think you've triumphed. So, make a plan, stick with it, change your routine so that you're doing something different during your witching hour. Really wishing you the best - it's so worth it if you can get to the other side! TAKING YOUR LIFE BACK - that's what it's about. Hang in there, keep adding time, and don't expect too much too soon. By the way, you're super lucky to have a supportive BF - that's going to help you IMMENSELY!
      Wow, I could have written these exact same words. Before I quit, my level of drinking also progressed to the point where I would wake up at 2 - 3 am, slug down another glass of wine or two and then try to get back to sleep.

Yep, so important to have a plan and stick to it. Exercise, good nutrition, and staying busy, particularly during the witching hour were my salvation. It is not easy but the rewards are so worth it.
      M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey M3 - so good to see you on a Newbiesh thread. I get so much when a long-termer posts! Thanks for being at MWO. I totally understand when people fade out from posting, but it sure is invaluable when you guys throw us some information now and then!!

Mama Bear, why do you think you keep relapsing? It seems like you're serious about quitting?? Are you trying different things? What is it that seems to undermine your efforts?? Can we help in any way??

Check in later gang.

xx,
        UN :lilheart:

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey BC, welcome, I like your signature as well
          Hello everyone else too, sorry I've been quiet as I've been having a few panic attacks of late but I've been looking after myself and trying my best to distract me from them. It may seem odd but focusing on relaxing when you're having a panic attack is just about the worst thing you can do.
          Never you mind I think it may just be getting better
          XOX

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Good Morning Everyone, UW you hit the nail on the head, this is all about "TAKING YOUR LIFE BACK". In my world I have to work harder than ever and think clearly everyday. I simply do not have time for alcoholic behavior, there was no other choice than to quit completely. I also make sure to do something fun at least once a week, go for a hike, go fishing, get up early Sunday morning meditate and watch the sun rise. It's been a challenge teaching myself to relax without alcohol. I occasionally have a bad day where some sort of paralysis sets in. When that happens I have to get some rest and tell myself tomorrow will be a better day. Life is definitely better without alcohol.

Have a Great Day All
            100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Happy Thursday To Everyone
              Its 9:00 I would be already at the liquor store buyign a gallon since its a day off, I would be already buzzing by now if I bought my liquor in advance. A gallon of rum a day starting from when I woke up, would probably be finished off by the nights end, plus many times of blacking out and going to sleep then waking up and having more rum until its about midnight then I would be so gone. Took away the problems that were bother me but never really did. Feels better being sober. I posted earlier I just need to stay busy.
              Thanks for all the great help I received on here!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Guy, it wonderful that you're making such huge progress after the level of problem you had. I didn't drink in the morning but I was sure making my plan for that evening!

WW, I look back and really marvel at how awful my life was - what a struggle. I can't even imagine it anymore. The insanity of putting ourselves and our bodies through that kind of agony. I feel so good now every morning now when I wake up. And with your job (which is physical) you really have to keep your body strong and healthy I would think. I've also had to teach myself how to not rely on something to take away stress. What's amazing, though, is how quickly the bad stuff passes. I've never had two bad days in a row. I just tell myself that and knowing I don't have to act on any thoughts of drowning my sorrows in alcohol keeps me from doing anything stupid. I also know exactly what you mean about the paralysis. I have that exact same feeling on those bad days. But, afterwards - the next day - I always feel certain that I did the right thing by not drinking. I never ever think that going back to drinking is the right thing to do. It's just a lifestyle I don't want anymore (thankfully). I'm so glad you're there in your thinking too!

Dizzy, I don't have anxiety/panic much now that I've stopped drinking. It takes our bodies a while to reacclimate. Maybe with time this will correct itself?? Hope so.

Gotta run everyone. Sounds like so many here are doing well which makes me happy.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Morning peeps! Day Seven here and feeling pretty good. Still tired but I know that will pass

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

K9Lover;1309277 wrote: Hi Limers,
                    It's a workout DVD led by Jillian Michaels, a personal trainer from the Bigest Loser TV show. She kicks ass, and if you follow her as closely as you can, you WILL see results. I'm only on day 9 and I've lost a couple of inches already. Not so concerned about a number on a scale, rather tightening up and fitting in smaller clothes.

BC - Try Jillians "Ripped in 30" also (after 30 day shred)....that will really get you going!

K9
                    thanks K9, will look it up!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I have heard the Shred is awesome....but... I have to get out of BED to do the SHRED..
                      tee hee..I just made myself laugh

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Friends!

Guy, great to see you over here!

Unwasted, don't apologize for the little rant, I agree 100% (there's a little Byrdie in all of us and that's a good thing!).

Winewrangler, I know what you mean about the "bad day" and "paralysis." My solution is similar to your, sweatpants go on early, a little TV, hot shower and off to bed early.

K9, kudos to you on your 30 day shred! Excercise has been a huge part of this process for me. There is really nothing else like it!

Take care everybody!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Speaking of exercise. If you saw the last 60 Minutes Program on Addiction.......the scientist who is on the forefront of studying it jogs 7 miles every morning to satiate her addictive brain. We all have one - it's what helps us survive (want to eat, etc.). So the idea is to satisfy our cravings in a health way and get the release of endorphins from things like exercise. I think the more we replace the drinking with healthy things our brain can rewire itself and then begin to make a different association with what constitutes pleasure! That's good news........we can change our thinking!

OK, I've been on here entirely too much already today.

Have a great sober day everyone!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

UW - I think that I really need to focus more on the exercise now. I was doing that for a week and it REALLY helped all around. But, they switched up my meds and I stopped doing it. Going to get back to it.

Have a wonderful day MAYkin's!!!!!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Homiezzz!

How are my peeps today? I'm happy this thread is jumpin'!

I posted this in the Nest earlier but I will repeat myself. HEHE. Last night I was in my nephews room and we were listening to some Dub Step music he made and it made me want to throw up my hands and dance with a 40oz of beer...now that's gangsta! LOL But then I remembered...a) I don't drink!! and b) I'm not that hip anymore! Something about the beat had me going for a minute though. Anyways, we had a little sober dance party and it was fun, even though the young'uns are disgusted by the thought of me actually having had an active social (i.e. sex, lol) life in the past! They can't handle this hotness, that's the problem. LOL J/K

Anywhoo...yes Mama, you would have to get out of bed to shred, unless you can think of a way to incorporate the two, in which case I would be very interested in hearing about it.

Well my friends, it is almost 10am and I have managed to kill 2 hours of the day without accomplishing a darn thing, so I guess I better get going. I will check in later.

Keep it real

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

I would like to know that secret too K9!!
                                Hey Nora!!

Comment

Working...
                                X