MAYkin' It Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

Had a wonderful day sober and going to volunteer at the animal shelter tomorrow fro one last time before the internship starts. Doing it without a hangover is so good. Course I never had one when I was going to volunteer because I made sure that I didn't drink the night before but I can't imagine doing it with a hangover.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Good Morning MAYkers, 4am and off to work, working these 15 hour days I haven't even been tempted to drink, it's when I hit some slack time the temptation will happen. Glad to here everyone is doing well and resisting our old self destructive behavior. I bought a new camera the other day a Canon 60 D, can't wait to start working with it.

Take Care Everyone
      100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Everyone
        I?m snowed under with work until the end of tomorrow and I?m really determined to meet this deadline. I?ll try to check in properly tonight to respond on a more personal level but til then know that I am AF, OK and I am wishing you a happy and healthy day.
        :l

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Up a little early then expected (I wanted to sleep till 6:30 instead got a 6 am wake up call from the guinea pig) but otherwise I am happy and sober. Didn't drink last night.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Big anniversaries coming up this month! UW you are so close to 6 months! And a year for Drifty!

Today is day 83 for me and the last 2 days I've had cravings! Weird because I haven't had a single craving until then. Still standing strong and AF. Just not feeling very chatty.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey Everyone,

A quick check in for me today. FA, nice to see you - I get "hankerings" every now and then, but nothing serious - just hang in there. Nursie, what kind of surgery? Did I miss that? And when? Other than that, sounds like things are calming down a bit? Hope so.

Nora, let us know how you're doing after your sugery - TODAY! Sending you good vibes.:l

Alison, WW, Dizzy, Mama, Alls, K9, Lecie, LG, BC and anyone else stopping by today - have a great sober day.

xx,
              UN :lilheart:

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Kids!

Everyone sounds good today. Nursie, I'm glad you got to rest, and I'm happy your daughter is doing better. Oh boy do I understand about kids rooms! I swear my daughter is a hoarder, I literally CANNOT see the floor in her room. It's a disgusting mess and I refuse to go in there. She says she loves it. OMG. I hope she outgrows it. I did peek in last night and there were like 7 drinking cups in a row on top of her TV. I shuddered and closed the door. Out of sight out of mind, right? LOL

Drifty, have fun at the animal shelter today! My daughter and I volunteer there also, she helped clip the rabbits nails and I cleaned up dog poo. We haven't been in a while, we need to get back. You are awesome for working with animals!

WW - 4am? That brings back bad memories of when I used to go to the gym at 4:45am...ugh. I don't like that time of day. Don't work too hard!

I hope nobody has to deal with MF'ers today, but if you do, at least you're doing it hangover free, right? Everyone stay strong!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

no MF'ers today, but home with a migraine...ugh
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Sorry Mama! Get some rest!

I haven't had any MF'ers today...just really, really dumb people. You can't fix stupid. *sigh*
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Happy Friday everyone!!

Hope your head clears soon Mama - mwah + hug.

wW - my ex husband comes from the land and it IS bloody hard work and looooonnnng hours. Take care and if the weather is the same here as where you are, you're going to enjoy the sunshine!

UN, Dizzy, Alison, K9 and all other lovelies I'm sending lots of all the good things in life to make your hearts very glad.

Going to keep my head down and my you know what up today and get out of here in time to go for my nice long walk!!!

Hugs, Nicey.
                      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Had a wonderful day at the shelter and now resting at home gearing up to my final final tomorrow and then rest for a week and then start my 300 hour internship. Ironically the first day of my internship is also going to be my 1 year af anniversary.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi all...happy Thursday!

K9....I tend to refer to my kids room as having a 'floor-drobe'! It really is ridiculous!

Dizzy...yea for cats, pets and animals! My cat is an indoor cat, but occasionally escapes and thinks he's king of the jungle when he is re-captured! He also takes his cat toys and deposits them in his food dish. I think he believes he caught them and that they are his prey! I love it! My son came home from college yesterday, and he spent the last two nights sleeping on the top bunk of his bed as if he knew my son was coming home! What do you think??

Mama Bear...hoping you are feeling better!

WW...I've never forgotten my first cat...ever. But even though I still miss that cat, I am constantly loving my current cat! I really appreciated your post about Jake.

Allswell....ditto about animals!

Nursie....I posted on another post that you started and I just wanted to let you know that you and yours have been in my thoughts. I'm pulling for all of you in every way. Oh, and about kids' rooms...please see my note to K9! Sending you blessings about your surgery and great news about the new job! I can relate to the relief after nearly a two year stint of unemployment. I am confident that I will re-employed in September and the 'exhale' I feel is tremendous. Just need to stay strong and sober...otherwise....eek!

Drifty....another voice to say hooray for you for your work and vocation with animals. And such a huge congrats on your upcoming anniversary! You inspire me!

FlyAway...83 days? You Rock!:goodjob:

UW....thank you! In my view, every sober day beasts the heck out of the other kind!

Onward all...into the weekend. We can kick it AND enjoy it SOBER!

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hello Everyone,

Wow, today I wasn't interrupted at all, got a bunch done, and didn't even get one phone call from a telemarketer!!! No disagreeables (MF'ers) either. Like everyone around here says, you never have two bad days in a row. I just take a deep breath and let it go instead of "fixing" the problem with a twelve pack or a couple bottles of wine. Friday already, the weeks are flying by. Take care everyone!!!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the support. Tests are done. Came home & slept all day though.
                              Everything looked pretty good. Some diverticulosis, hiatal hernia, some inflammation in my esophagus. So, he took quite a few biopsies but thinks everything is ok.
                              So, now it's time to stay AF and move on.

My son's bedroom was always a disaster area. Always had to have the door closed. :H

Drifty - so happy for you with your internship and your 1 Year anniversary. :h
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Mornin peeps
                                Happy Sober Saturday and Mother's Day!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X