Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYkin' It Sober

K9's back! K9's back! Yippee!

Unwasted is back too! Double Yip! :H UW what a fabulous job you did staying AF for your vacation!

WW I'd love to see some of your photography too.

Hey June is almost upon us. What's the title going to be next month?

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hello Gang,

I'm back and trying to catch up at work - story of my life! My sisters and I had a really nice weekend - we all ate a lot and laughed a lot - we also had my little nephew and a 5 week old puppy with us so it was a "full of activity" weekend. We swam in the ocean and in the pool and went for walks and ate ice cream. Now it's back to reality!

WW - 100 hour week! Wow. You really don't have time to spare for drinking. I bet you're happy about that.
      Fly - You are sounding great and full of energy!
      K9 - I can relate to the stressful parents thing. My mom has been driving me nuts lately, but like you I try to be patient as she's getting older...
      UN - Congratulations on your first sober vacation! May many more come along!
      Drifty, Allswell, Destiny and all others to come - it's great to hear from you.

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

mylife;1324997 wrote: Hello Gang,

I'm back and trying to catch up at work - story of my life! My sisters and I had a really nice weekend - we all ate a lot and laughed a lot - we also had my little nephew and a 5 week old puppy with us so it was a "full of activity" weekend. We swam in the ocean and in the pool and went for walks and ate ice cream. Now it's back to reality!

WW - 100 hour week! Wow. You really don't have time to spare for drinking. I bet you're happy about that.
        Fly - You are sounding great and full of energy!
        K9 - I can relate to the stressful parents thing. My mom has been driving me nuts lately, but like you I try to be patient as she's getting older...
        UN - Congratulations on your first sober vacation! May many more come along!
        Drifty, Allswell, Destiny and all others to come - it's great to hear from you.

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone.
        That sounds like the kind of weekend that memories are made of. Just time with someone you love with lots of laughs.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hey everyone,

A quick fly by for me today........lots of things going on right now -- all good. My life is calm, serene, sane and content. The raucus times are gone, but I'm more and more okay with that every single day. Not drinking is sort of like learning to walk again after being paralyzed for a few decades.

Best to you all!

xx,
          UN

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Unwasted;1325588 wrote: Hey everyone,

Not drinking is sort of like learning to walk again after being paralyzed for a few decades.

UN
            That's a great quote. I think it's right up there with being sober is like winning the lottery every day.

Fly - thanks it was a great weekend! I hope to have many more AL free weekends to enjoy.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hello everyone,

UN, I'm so glad you were able to have a sober vacation. I can relate to what you say about walking after being unable to. Everything seems new again when it all used to be done drunk. Since January 1, 2010 when I first got serious about quitting, I've had four quits this being the longest at 5 months. I've added up all the alcohol free time so far and I've been AF for 15 out of the last 29 months and there are still many things in my life that I'm doing sober for the first time. People and places I've avoided that I will need to stop avoiding at some point. A lot of it still seems so new.

MyLife, I'm glad you were able to have a great weekend with no booze. Great people, nice weather, and a beach are all we need anyway right?

Hard to believe June is already here. Have a great day everyone!
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Hi Alls, thanks for your well wishes. I feel like I really accomplished a huge milestone with that vacation. It gives me hope that I can go on to live a sober life. Vacations have always been my biggest "let go and be crazy" time. Of course, the hangovers ruined them because I couldn't function the next day. What a joke -- the things I went through to be able to continue drinking are ridiculous in hindsight. Addiction is a real soul stealer. I'm so happy to be off the roller coaster.

You know, a roller coaster is a good analogy because it's fun for a while but if you do it nonstop for a long period of time, it finally just makes you sick and isn't fun at all anymore.

Hope everyone here is doing well. If you're struggling, just keep at it. Something will click if you really want it.

xx,
                UN

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Here it is June and I am still sober thanks to God and you all.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Unwasted I haven't been on a sober vacation yet. I can't wait! It makes me sick to think of the vacations I've been on to fabulous places and I just drank the night away--every damn night. But there's no point in looking back, there's only now and the great trips I'll take in my new life.

Allswell a lot seems new to me too. It really is like starting all over again. Who am I really? Who do I want to be? I get to make the choice now.

Hi Drifty, K9, WW, MyLife, Mama, and anyone else I might be missing!

Comment

MAYkin' It Sober

Last year I had a sober vacation and loved it.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X