Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

Recluse;1308931 wrote: Hello army from a sheepish panda

My recent experiment with drinking wasn't very successful cos I ended up drinking all day again. :upset: Going to try and get back on the wagon from today.

Hope all is well with everyone else
    Ah Panda Pants - let's start today together eh ?:h Me for first time - you back in the saddle so to speak :goodjob:

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

Reccie & Satz I'm with you, Hi LP

Just received an email my AB has been shipped today so should receive it soon, to be honest just reading the email advising of it being shipped has had a good effect

This alcohol business is the pits, you know I have a friend who was sectioned 3 months ago with Wernicks, well she was away with the fairies was months and miraculous came out of it 2 weeks ago which is the good news, doctors are gobbed smacked to say the least, her walking is still very bad but that will improve over months. The very very sad news she is in total denial!! Thinks her section should be lifted and maybe and its a big maybe if she finds a rehab she likes she might go for 2 weeks......what the fuck is that all about!!
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

Panno? Did I just hear you say "fuck?" Dang - now I have to go and boil my ears!!!

Happy May everyone!
        Coco

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

Coco-Nut;1308943 wrote: Panno? Did I just hear you say "fuck?" Dang - now I have to go and boil my ears!!!

Happy May everyone!
          HELLO ! Fellow Penguin :h

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

mollyka;1308932 wrote: Nice one Satz! Think of it as an adventure rather than a penance - have to say in a wierd way I loved my 1st quit - everything new and Interesting - sort of went downhill from there :-( off ta feckin boring h/q -- hiya Pinky!
            YESSSSSSSSSS ! An adventure - am actually looking forward to this.
            and also will not be judged by Mr Satz in that holier than thou way and " Jesus I have a n alko wife - Do I have to fix her ":H

I can fix myself thanks very much .....always have before ......... !!!!!!
            Sorry another rant over

Feel a rubbing of feet by dodgy Pat from Glasnevin coming on :H:H:H:H

Off to Damo and Gym torture - catch yiz much later after cinema......................

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

clock watching is not a good occupation

bored.com
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

sending strenght those those of you fighting the Demon
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

this alcohol business is murder, people r dropping like flies, keep up the good work peeps and keep fighting we can beat it xx
                  I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

oh aye i hear ya zenners, alcohol is poision nd they dress it up in nice flavours and we drink so much it starts to close down our mind and body slowly, and then the goverment taxes it, lol, its not ok because it tastes nice, its poision, dressed up as chocolate
                    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

yeah, i think the goverment should take some responsibility and the addicted person should also, its a two way street
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

part 1 of calm down tigger in a non-calming way today was purchased in the form of a small indoor trampette.....

and pleased to report she was given a special cushion to sit on today at school...

still didn't stop her from thumping her brother tonight and screaming "you're a liar" at him

oh well, one thing at a time I guess

My first yoga experience tomorrow morning, bit scared about it tbh as never done anything like that before

hi to everyone x purple hugs from Pingu
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

aye he is, so how ya been doing zenners with the old AL?
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

just a question for yous..

My mum & dad where alkies, mum was the worse she hid it, 3 times she was in hospital on deaths bed, one time she was yellow, everthing skin, eyes & nails, all of her was yellow with jaudice, doc said we are not talking months, or even weeks, it's days her liver is in total failure..she lived, only to do it again a couple of years later.

My dad's drinking was open and social, he loved champagne and could afford it like lemonade also vintage port.....
                            He came to my house one day begging for help to get him into a rehab or centre, he knew he had to stop, you know my history...

Here's my question...? I was speaking with my brother yesterday, about or family and alcohol, he said he often gets worried if he's an alcoholic, he's very, very fit he race rode in steeplchasese and point to point, even once rode in the grand national came about tenth or less if I remember, few times won at cheltenham, so he's verty fit. but he didn't drink when racing, he's stopped now as he's 54yrs old...! so he's drinking more..!

He drinks at least a bottle of wine per day,plus it's bery good wine so it's even stonger, sometimes with lunch also..I said to him to try to see if he could stop for one day a week and see how he felt..

I think if he's asking the question he knows the answer.....!

But he doesn't want to give up his socialite drinking....any suggestions gang..???

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

pingu1997;1309046 wrote: part 1 of calm down tigger in a non-calming way today was purchased in the form of a small indoor trampette.....

and pleased to report she was given a special cushion to sit on today at school...

still didn't stop her from thumping her brother tonight and screaming "you're a liar" at him

oh well, one thing at a time I guess

My first yoga experience tomorrow morning, bit scared about it tbh as never done anything like that before

hi to everyone x purple hugs from Pingu
                              she sounds like my son,hes gt dyspraxia / aspergers, regularly thumping his little sister tho I must say hes 10 now and getting better. He has an sna and his writing is so shit they are getting him a keyboard. Weve come through alot over the years since he started at 5 and hes come along way. Im thinking of getting him a trampoline..

Comment

Army Thread 2nd May 2012

anyway......my daughters with her friend till 9pm, my eldest , prob wont see him till 1am and my youngest son is at a party till 9pm,pretty adult party,hes going to a lovely pizza place at 6 pm them back to the house at 8 for 'drinks' and cake! Thats what the invite says!! They are 9 and 10yr old boys!!! Still, he aint complaining, he loves the pizza there and we only go to that restaurant on communions and conformations, and I aint complaining as I will only have one kid most of the evening! Thinking of taking her for something to eat, were never on our own, twill be lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                X