Designated Drivers' AF drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A conversation came up in chat a couple days ago about bars/restaurants providing free soft drinks to a person in a group who had agreed to the server/bartender to be the designated driver. My older son likes to go out to clubs to dance, and since he just turned 21, of course I worry. He just called (thankfully this time shortly after 11, not 2 AM) and told me where he was, and that he was "DD" for his friend(s) tonight and was not drinking. I will ask him about the establishment's policy on soft drinks for a designated driver.

I hope you all don't think this is inappropriate. But I think it could apply to many people here.

I know 2 places that does free refills for pop orders. I got 1 place that the bartender will only charge for every other soda.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

CS....sounds like a good idea. In the past me and my buddies had it, the guy with the most points to give up on his Drivers Lic......well, they were the Designated Driver...Ha! Sad I know.....Tony
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Every bar I've ever been to gave away free AF drinks to the DD. But this is California where they are obsessed with nabbing people for DUI's. I think it's great, and if you just ask, I can't see how a bartender could say no?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes here too we would receive a bracelet and get free AF drinks, but I'm not sure if that's a thing of the past or not? It is a great idea now that I can finally be the DD! Now I'm curious as to if this is still around?

Anyway, I've never had to pay for my soda water, squeeze of lime as of yet... But Mmmm virgin Caesars!! That is what I'd get!! Haha!!

Cheers!!

Boh
          http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...
          X