Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Again? WTF?

Morning all..

I have just been AF for 5 days with out many problems except getting to sleep at night and feeling slightly edgy in the Mornings..

Last night (the Dreaded Friday night!) Everyone at work was talking about going out and drinking..

The result being that I managed to drink a bottle of vodka last night alone, surfing the Web..

I've been awake for about an hour and have had 2 beers (It's 7:30 am)

I feel so much happier and confident not drinking!

I guess I'l try again Tomorrow...

Thanks for listening...

Really? Again? WTF?

I'm thinking of asking my Dr for some Antibuse.

I'm not stupid enough to try to drink on it...

Any feedback would be helpful..

Comment

Really? Again? WTF?

Hey Ship

YOW! I hope you can get back on track. I find the first 3 days the worst.

Antabuse works well for some. I'm stopping it now due to side effects.

All I can say is you have to make the decision to fight every urge. Thisplace is great for support.
      It's hard but doable, and so much better than being drunk.

Lots of folks here will answer you. Stay strong

Comment

Really? Again? WTF?

SAS, I've never used Antabuse but ordered some and keep it as a backup. I ordered it online through River Pharmacy CA (there's a link on the opening page here under the Health Store Tab). If you like your doctor, that would be the way to go -- just wanted you to know that you can get it online too.

Alcohol is a dead end plain and simple. It took me over a year and a half of trying to quit, but I'm finally headed down a good road. Don't give up! Sober is so much better and it gets easier if you can stick with it.

Best to you,
        UN

Comment

Really? Again? WTF?

Ann 221;1310613 wrote: YOW! I hope you can get back on track. I find the first 3 days the worst.

Antabuse works well for some. I'm stopping it now due to side effects.

All I can say is you have to make the decision to fight every urge. Thisplace is great for support.
          It's hard but doable, and so much better than being drunk.

Lots of folks here will answer you. Stay strong
          Id say you pretty well nailed it Ann..............Ive never tried antibuse, but I totally agree about fighting every urge.......and its hard but doable
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Really? Again? WTF?

Hi Ship,

I've had a lot of experience with Antabuse, so if you have any questions, just holla!

Ann, what kinds of side effects did you have? It's different for everyone, I haven't had any, so I am curious.

Take care Ship and let us know how you are!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
            X