fooked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fooked up

stomach swelled, constantly wanting to orrr throwing up, skint, tired, low .... what an evil piece of poo alchohol is ... where did that fun lets have a few and have a good night go??? alchohol has been my crutch for the last ten years :upset: enought no more stops tomorrow. Alll my luck love and strength goes to everyone and anyone trying to battle this :h please please please pass me some of yours, and I do know its only me who can do this xx

fooked up

Hi Tired,
    Boy your names says it all...I can tell you are TIRED OF THIS! I was too! The "fun" of alcohol left me about 5 years before I left IT! I'm sending you strength and I hope you check in with us tomorrow ok?
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

fooked up

Thank you so much K9, I will make the step tomorrow and it is so needed. It would be nice to hold the hand of someone who knows, I am very happily married but hide everything from the children and him ... I am determined to change this. Well done with you achievement! Its the unspoken horror x

Comment

fooked up

It is evil tot... And it is so frickin hard to get out from under. I hear Bette milder in my head saying ."why bahddah!!"
        But I know why. There is a great post by a member named Mario here which is is written from the viewpoint of alcohol as though it is a living person and why it's in your life and what it wants from you. It's a brilliant piece but I don't know how to link u to it. Maybe someone else here does or you hit search and then type in mario and search posts. A bit tedious but worth it.
        I think you are from England because u use the word skint which I learned when I went to university there. I could be wrong. But man did I drink a lot a lot alot there. Cheap lager on campus.
        You are definately 100 and fifty percent not alone. No way Jose. Stay posted
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

fooked up

love and hugs tiredofthis, much strength going out to you tonight!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

fooked up

I think this is the link Kradle was referring to:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ase-35535.html

Now...what does skint mean?

Comment

fooked up

Hey Tired

It is easy to reminisce about the "fun" and tyr to go for it again and again with no success. Once the fun is gone (which was probably NOT fun for quite a while) it is time to reassess.

It is not easy and requires a lot of changes. I find life simpler really , since I no longer have all the terrible consequences. Your load you are carrying through this life will get lighter. I spent years envying "normal" drinkers until I finally figured it out. ALSO a lot of people considered "normall" could very well be going home and drinking more than anyone ever knows.

Whatever the circumstance-it will get worse if it does not stop. I wish you well and you should know that MWO is a great place for non-judgemental support. We are all fighting the good fight. We win some and we lose some but we keep on keeping on. At the risk of appearing melodramatic--to give up is to die. If not literally then in many other ways.

Comment

fooked up

Thanks K9.
                I missed that post . It's a beauty.
                Mario is a man with a lot of good advice.
                Tired, pop into Toolbox and have a look there....

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

fooked up

Prayers and courage going out to you! Go girl!!
                  HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

fooked up

That is the post. Thank you k9. I think I will read it again too.
                    Skint means broke. My friends at university used to say it a lot
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

fooked up

I have had so many hangovers with me swearing off AL just to turn back and plan for it again when I felt better. Don't let this be you. Quitting drinking is not easy, but if I have one bit of advice to give is to read the Tool box that is in the Monthly Abstaining part of this forum and form a plan and then stick to it.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

fooked up

I hear ya' Drifty! I spent every day recovering from a hangover, but miraculously I was "cured" by 3pm and then planning my evening of drinking. Gosh, I can't even believe it did that for so long. I'd go out to lunch with my co-workers and be so nauseated, "seeing stars", and feeling like I was about to pass out. 2 hours later I was thinking of my next drink. It's a damn vicious cycle. The good news is, it can be broken!

Comment

Working...
                        X