Army Thread Tuesday 8th Mayo 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one2many;1312576 wrote: WELL DONE SATZO!!!!
    Thanks Onzer :h I'm proud of that story as I NEVER thought I could give the cigs up - was smoking from age 15.
    You know I really missed yiz over the weekend - sad isn't it ?
    Everytime I started tapping the phone - himself wanted to know what I was doing

Comment

Yep Rob says, you talking to the alkie friends or the dead people?

I HATE alcohol AND smoking, fuckin mugs game.

Pingu, your family ARE beautiful, I am gonna kidnap those kids!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

you can have tigger and all her eons of energy.....
        no, not really, she's a great laugh even if she is a bundle of hyperness......

Alcohol is a mugs game, shame I try to convince myself otherwise sometimes. But yeah underneath I know it smells like shite, tastes like piss and makes me into a bitch

There's a reason why we "acquire" a taste for wine, and put stuff like orange juice and blackcurrant into sweeten our drinks.. because it actually does taste like paint stripper

Mind you I am bored to feck of diet pepsi..... grrrrrr
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Thats very true Pingu...I am cringing now at the thoughts of my Tesco Vodka and coke......and a mouth like Ghandi's flip flop on awakening.....ughh.
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

yuk I used to buy the cheapest stuff too and gag on the first mouthful....... or six...

and wine too, I didn't really like it, it got more bearable after a glass or two

In fact the only drinks I actually liked were the ones where you couldn't taste the alcohol

.... mmm... food for thought I think tonight
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Hiya Army

My workday was screwed. Had to come home just after noon. Mom couldn't get the pharmacy on the line to get them to deliver meds. Anyhoo - thanks for your good wishes. The two of them are already looking better. It is some kind of tummy bug - they both had terrible stomach cramps, with vomiting and the runs.

anon;1312391 wrote: Tips I have looked at the Oceans Race it sounds wonderful see you next Easter!
              It also happens to be the best time of the year weather-wise We'll haved your room ready!

satz123;1312505 wrote:
              How yiz ...............
              Mollers - Zyban is an anti craving drug that works for tobacco. You take for 6 weeks only.
              Anyhoo you take for 9 days and pick the ninth day to have your last ciggie. By the time the 8th day comes you are ready to take last ciggie. T'was like a miracle. I remember mine on a Sunday morning - and there was no sense of loss - just feck off cigs.

This is from a hard core smoker. Last one before I went to bed and not out of the bed before I had 1st one.

A MIRACLE I TELL YOU

No side effects and Allen Carr book helped me to rationalise that after 3 days and deffo after 3 weeks the tabacco was gone from my system and I couldn't crave something not in my system no need to feel deprived of anything. Worked for me anyhoo.

Pity no drug that does same for alcohol - but I don't HATE al with same vengance. ( yet)
              Zyban made f-all difference to me - I smoked more than ever.

Carr worked for a while, but didn't live up to the promise.

Baclofen worked for me as far as the AL was concerned. Just avoid the meds threads if you can :H My feelings about AL are much stronger than that about the cigs, though. I guess it's because the latter isn't as immediately and obviously destructive. You only fuck up yourself and not those around you as well. If you're a considerate smoker, at least!
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

pingu1997;1312589 wrote: hello satz

I'm listening

I feel the same way about al if I'm honest

Disgusting revolting little glass of shite, I hate it and what it did to me with total vengance

Anyway hi to everyone else too, thx for looking at the pics oneybum and saying my family are nice!!!!
                Thanks Pingu - haven't got to the hating glass AL yet I'm afraid - suppose I always stay in control to so no embarassing cock-ups - but for myself I do not like that I have to take AL when itsuits everyone else - like hte weekend gone . Yer man now has invited his sister & hubby to ours next weekend for 2 nights - they drink a good bit too -always feckin something going on - I find that BORING too and need glass wine to get through ............... soon I hope I can sit with drinking in-laws, entertaining & cooking etc for them.
                Sorry rant over

Comment

And your kids ........... georgous .... are a credit to you ....... ! As i get older I am really getting to like kids - the innocence of them till they get cynical like adults :upset:

Comment

one2many;1312595 wrote: Yep Rob says, you talking to the alkie friends or the dead people?

I HATE alcohol AND smoking, fuckin mugs game.

Pingu, your family ARE beautiful, I am gonna kidnap those kids!
                    And I HATE sprouts - smell like farts !

Comment

AND creamy mashed potatoes - lumps hiding when you not expecting them !!
                      AND porridge - all gooey and lumpy YUK!!!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1312605 wrote: Hiya Army

Zyban made f-all difference to me - I smoked more than ever.

Carr worked for a while, but didn't live up to the promise.

Baclofen worked for me as far as the AL was concerned. Just avoid the meds threads if you can :H My feelings about AL are much stronger than that about the cigs, though. I guess it's because the latter isn't as immediately and obviously destructive. You only fuck up yourself and not those around you as well. If you're a considerate smoker, at least!
                        Was gonna start a 2 way attack on 5mg of Baco ( hidden in drawer ) today and later in week Antebuse - so no "will I won't I" ? whea n the dreaded in-laws arrive :damn:
                        Whatya think of that plan Mr Tipsy ?

Comment

satz123;1312625 wrote: Was gonna start a 2 way attack on 5mg of Baco ( hidden in drawer ) today and later in week Antebuse - so no "will I won't I" ? whea n the dreaded in-laws arrive :damn:
                          Whatya think of that plan Mr Tipsy ?
                          Two-pronged attacks are usually more effective, Satzy I say go for it. Make it 5mg of bac 3 x per day to start.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yay - Mrs. T has just arrived home. The cubs are suddenly feeling better - because they get to divide up all the goodies their mom brought from the hotel.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

satz123;1312609 wrote: Thanks Pingu - haven't got to the hating glass AL yet I'm afraid - suppose I always stay in control to so no embarassing cock-ups - but for myself I do not like that I have to take AL when itsuits everyone else - like hte weekend gone . Yer man now has invited his sister & hubby to ours next weekend for 2 nights - they drink a good bit too -always feckin something going on - I find that BORING too and need glass wine to get through ............... soon I hope I can sit with drinking in-laws, entertaining & cooking etc for them.
                              Sorry rant over
                              I used to drink my ass off to get through stuff like that, and even now I still find it hard as I generally don't like crowds of people, loathe "dinners" and being offered wine even though I have told them all a million times I DON't DRINK ANY MORE

I hated the hangovers and the way I just had to have a drink to get through every night, and I couldn't just enjoy one, so it was in control of me and that sucked!!!

I hate mushrooms, sweetcorn and farts, apart from mine which are OK normally

Comment

Hiya Troopers!!!

:H at your food and farts lists.

Jan - what a lovely surprise to have your brother and niece visiting you. The place he's staying is amazing. I'm sure Ollie and Olivia will have wonderful memories of their first meeting.

Tipster - glad to hear the cubs are feeling better.

Mrs. A - you started out sounding a lot more positive this morning. I hope your run got you back in that mood again. If daughter starts in again, just leave the room and leave her to deal with her moods. Being pregnant can be difficult as we all know but you aren't to blame for her not feeling well.

Pingu - loved the pics. What we've all said before - you're kids are just too cute. Young Mr. Pingu sure does look like his dad. I like the picture of the two of them walking where they've both got their hands in their pockets. Like father, like son...

Satz - :goodjob: on giving up the cigs. And best of luck with the Bac and AB
                                combination. Keep us posted as to how you're doing.

I don't like cheeses like Camembert and blue cheese and I don't like horseradish. Other than those, I eat most foods.
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X