Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now terribly shocked..

Hi everyone
    My body giving the response that it can't tolerate any AL.Though I can't enjoy drink I used to do so.Now when I think of drink my liver starts shivering and whole body feels weaker.
    Anyway I manage to drink and turn into vomitting even in small dose.
    Have u got any experience that it is a poor function of liver.if I give up for two days I feel good.
    Any idea please..
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Hi dixon. First off, I give you a lot of credit for not giving up - for continuing to come here and seek help even though the struggle with alcohol is very, very hard. I am no doctor, but it sounds like you are starting to have liver problems? Have you seen a doctor about that? Is it time to consider checking into an inpatient treatment program if what you have been trying isn't working?

I hope you find your way out! Never give up.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Dix, we've talked many times, if you remember. But this is crisis. I'm not being hysterical, I don't think. I remember you and your posts. PLEASE!!! Get to a doctor. I know your culture frowns on this, but you need to live. Please, please, go to a doctor and be honest, OK? I'm SO worried about you. This is NOT normal. I don't know you, or how you drink, but it's too much. You really need help, now. I want to see you back here, getting better, reclaiming your life. Don't disappear in that bottle again, OK? PM me, anything, but get help.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Dixon,

The only answer is to remove alcohol from our lives. When we have been heavy drinkers, we do damage to our liver, our brain, and almost every other internal organ (heart, lungs, pancreas, etc.....).

If we continue to drink, even a small, lesser amount, our body can still be in trouble. Alcohol is a poison, so when we drink it, especially in large amounts, it poisons our body, and it does damage.

However, when we stop, and stop totally, our body can often repair itself, but we must stop the poisoning and give our body and mind a chance to repair and recover.

Follow your truth Dixon.

Best wishes, and take care of yourself.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Dixon,
          This should scare you. Please don't put any more poison into your body, it is trying to tell you something! Your body is sending you a message that you can no longer ignore. Please do not do any more damage to yourself. I am sending you strength!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dix has gone off here. Only hope he read some of these great posts. He has had a great fall, in an unaccepting society. God be with him.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What the others said, Dixon. This is scary stuff!

Comment

Dear all..
                Now am sleeping cause I am feeling tired .All of your blessing is with me.The problem is that I am still hasitate to go to doctor,Its cause of my socisl life, my liver was getting better couple of months before.Could you please share if you have such a feeling like me.
                How can I say more than thanks
                dix

Comment

Dix, you have to get to a doctor. Go out of town. You Could have a dangerously high ammonia level or be experiencing cirrhosis as we speak. If you have another drink, it could be your last. As in, your health is in serious condition right now.
                  Your liver is unable to filter what u are drinking and is spasming from trauma.

You need to see a doctor.

Blessings to you.
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Dixon

What Nursie said- that is exactly what is happening. CRITICAL situation

Comment

hi dixon, you have to go to a doctor and have some tests done, no ifs and buts about it, your health is more important than anything else. This may be the turning point for you to turn your life around but you need to know what's going on with your body and your liver right now, and there is no point trying to guess what is going on, you need to find out where your liver is at.

Comment

Private clinic to advise Liver function ...

Dear Colleagues,

All of you are very kind to share your experiences and advices.Depending upon all of your suggestions I now decided to see a doctors advice in case of my liver function.
                        -I have known that there is liver function test kit is available in the market/on-line purchase ,once I know my status I will act accordingly, I may go abroad for further treatment.By now ,I don't want to put my liver and other records in my health history.
                        -Secondly , If I get liver function test report with confidentiality I can consult with my Brother who is a Physician in abroad he wants to know my status .I am comfortable with him.
                        -Thirdly, could you anyone know if there is cheaper service available in UK or London privately so that I can pop into them for seeking help.
                        -Would you share if one of you used the home liver function test kits please ?
                        Am thankful this forum and its members...
                        Many thanks,
                        Diuxon

Comment

Dixon, can't help you on any of those problems, (I'm in US) but SO SO glad you are getting medical help and looking for treatment. You deserve to live a long life.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dixon I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Doctors do liver function tests all the time and not just because someone has an AL problem. My doc checks mine every 6 months because of medication I am on and because of other health issues I have, so going to a doc and getting the tests done properly through a lab is not going to scream HEAVY DRINKER. I think you are being too paranoid, just go to the doctor and get the tests. Are your medical records in the UK that transparent to anyone who wants to poke around? I would think they would be covered under doctor/patient confidentiality with your doc?

Comment

rubywillow;1314057 wrote: Dixon, can't help you on any of those problems, (I'm in US) but SO SO glad you are getting medical help and looking for treatment. You deserve to live a long life.
                              Thanks Rubby,
                              But there is no medicines to this evil disease. Absent-ism or drinking within limit is the only way for a long time.So need to raise self esteem gradually using other supplements.
                              Do you agree ?
                              Talk to you again!
                              Dix

Comment

Working...
                              X