I am now terribly shocked..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drinkingal;1314059 wrote: Dixon I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Doctors do liver function tests all the time and not just because someone has an AL problem. My doc checks mine every 6 months because of medication I am on and because of other health issues I have, so going to a doc and getting the tests done properly through a lab is not going to scream HEAVY DRINKER. I think you are being too paranoid, just go to the doctor and get the tests. Are your medical records in the UK that transparent to anyone who wants to poke around? I would think they would be covered under doctor/patient confidentiality with your doc?
    Hi Gal,
    Of course,your idea to see the doctor is far better than taking a risk using other options.I would like to share you that I have been charged for an alcohol abuse for once so I don't want to put more records on that health list.Doctor is giving clear history that I had no alcohol problem.And I am attending other session regularly in regards to my social status and going well.I want to recreate my reputation within the society without harming my status.Meantime I want to see doctor after being normal and indifference to alcohol it will pave the way for my life.Once it's kept in record they can see in future if anything small wrong happened and will make more issues.I think I might have been scared more than required for future.You agree ?
    But will go if there are no other way out.
    Really I feel good even though I gave up this poison for a couple of days and feel normal back to drink...I know my liver is seeking a rest and can work normally if I don't abuse it more.
    Further advices are welcome.
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hi again Dixon,

You asked for advice and our thoughts, so here are mine.

Forget liver screening test kits you can buy. They will not tell you the full story. Get to a doctor or nurse, or medical professional and get your body checked properly. Forget your social status, career worries, and what other people think. If you are dead, or dying slowly, then these things will not matter will they?

Get yourself professional treatment for your alcohol abuse and make this number one priority for you to do. Don't worry about what others might or might not say. Fix yourself. Get yourself right, and then good things will come to you. It will be a difficult road for you, but less difficult than the road you are on now.

I understand your worries about career and social status, but if your liver is dying, then so will you. From what you say here, it sounds to me like you need to do something right now, today. Your life is much more important to you and your family than social status.

You can build a successful career with anything you put your mind to later on when you are strong, healthy and sober. Take action today.

Best wishes and with respect, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Dixon, I understand you may live in a different culture where your 'record' follows you and is more available than other places. You have to get help, and if it takes leaving your country, then do. Only you know what the long term effects are when you seek treatment and it becomes record. Sad, but true. And even in the US, my husbands position, and the medical records through his company insurance, he's sure can be accessed by higher ups. So he won't even take an aspirin! he never has a problem any, thank goodness. But do what you need, get help soon. Wish you could get to US, treatment centers EVERYWHERE!! I w`ent to one on the Florida Gulf of Mexico, and it was the best thing ever. Painless detox, doctor everyday, nurse on the grounds, and the most wonderful coping tools I still use. Keep us informed.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I understand your worries about career and social status, but if your liver is dying, then so will you. From what you say here, it sounds to me like you need to do something right now, today. Your life is much more important to you and your family than social status.

Hi,
          Of course life is important than other matters..It is an inspiration.At the moment I think I am on the boarder point ,if I consume AL there could be anything devastating.To be sure I want to know my reports and discuss with my brother who is also a doctor but living abroad so trying a kit which gives more accurate result testing the urine and not blood.If there is very danger to me I cant compromise my life with social status and see the doctor quickly.If it is tolerable and can correct with time span of time one or two month I must try myself. Now,If I go to a doctor he will say not to take alcohol at all or put me in Rehab..Do you think there are other medicines available that a doctor can prescribe to kill my craving ? So firstly I want to myself..Its seems I am going against of your kind advices but still want more informations how does the doctor help me not to consume any alcohol ?
          Many thanks,
          Dixon

Comment

Dixon, there are too many types of therapies to list here. The key is to find the one you can live with, and can afford. Much luck to you. (I took topamax, REALLY curbed the cravings).
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

First I want to see my report confidentially..

Hi Rubby,

I am committed to do anything to save my life but really seeking advice if there are any organisation or cheaper private clinic ,or any device/kit that gives more accurate result about my liver function.One I feel fatal I will act accordingly.To share with you all I had a blood test 6 months back for sugar,kidney,liver,blood pressure etc the report were above normal specially for my liver.Then tested again two months back it was showing far better but still liver to be cured and doctor banned on alcohol.Sugar,Kidney were ok...
              As I have also a little bit knowledge to read out and understand the report so seeking quick report ...Please advice if you know if I can get it from urine test so that I can done at my home.
              All the best to you and thankful remembering me and advising since very beginning .
              Dixon

Comment

If that's the way you want to go, do what I do. Go to the internet. SURELY you'll find something to fit your needs. But understand1 this - even if it comes back OK now, it won't forever. You'll only be buying time if you continue drinking. Our bodies repair very quickly. Several years ago i had bad liver levels. I had bloodwork this week that was perfect, so you CAN recover if you change your behavior.
                sigpic

Comment

Dixon you started this thread by saying when you have a drink you vomit, (I think), well thats not good at all, I did that every morning, I would have a drink bring it back up, then be able to have a drink. I dont know what it means whether its caused by the stomach which I think, or what. I did go to the docs and hospitals in the UK, your medical records are confidential, so unless you are worrying about future health insurance I dont know what you are worrying about. If a doctor or anyone else was to mention your health to anyone they would probably be struck or the register and none are going to risk that. I dont get why you are so worried about it being on your medical record. Ive never heard of urine tests for the liver function, i assume that if they worked they would be done more often bacause it must be cheaper than blood tests.

Your other question is about medication, and yes there is medication to help with the cravings, there are several, we have a meds thread here so you are welcome to come and join in and find somethign out about them. In the UK doctors will usually prescribe campral but then you would have to tell them about your drinking, so your other way would be to self medicate buying meds from on line pharmacies. You would need to research this yourself first, you say your brother is a doctor, cant you ask him anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=spacebebe01;1314229]Dixon you started this thread by saying when you have a drink you vomit, (I think), well thats not good at all, I did that every morning, I would have a drink bring it back up, then be able to have a drink.

Hi Spacebebe ,

I got your right statement that what I was looking for ? Of course I cant drink in empty stomach once and get vomiting.If I tried it again slowly I could go for boozing can can consume up to 16 UK units and get lost the memory.Thanks to my liver which is giving my life I think so your giving me more chance.
                    You know we alcoholic cant enjoy drink when we are full of stomach but would be crazy when the same is empty ...What about you ? I usually do not take any food in the party before I had some alcohol first.
                    Really liver and whole body deny to consume alcohol giving the signal of vomiting and shivering but the devil mind always influences to try it again and again..
                    Thanks for sharing !
                    Dixon

Comment

I can see liver test kits in Internet ...

Hi Ruby,

I have seen that is available in internet a pack of kit and says it gives fast and accurate result.If it is good then we could check our sugar lever, Jaundice,kidney function and liver function time to time with saving time and money so I wanted to know if it is effective or not ???
                      Anyone could you please share if you have any information or if you get in future ..
                      Thanks
                      Dixon

Comment

Dixon, there is a home liver enzyme test you can do in the U.K. It involves taking your blood, and the test gets sent to a lab, where they can read the results.

I think it's safe to assume your liver isn't working well. Why not take a break from drinking and concentrate on getting healthy again? Stay away from fatty foods and alcohol and get some exercise. :h

Comment

Dix, I'm trying tO understand your situation, but I'm really having a hard time.
                          First-there are laws to protect your privacy. Your records cannot be shared with anyone with out your written consent.
                          Getting a home kit is useless, because you don't know how to interpret or treat the results.
                          You sound like you are just dead set on drinking yourself to death.
                          There are meds, therapies, programs, to help you stop. Do you want to stop?
                          And as for anonymity, I take mine very seriously, so I know you don't want anyone to know. But you have to tell your doctor. Or a different doctor? Or you won't get the treatment you need.
                          I hope you understand I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful. I just don't know what you are trying to accomplish or if you are even in a state of comprehending how serious your condition is.
                          Liver function test only shows one piece of the puzzle. There are numerous other studies, including ultrasound, CT scan, and other blood levels that identify what your needs are. If you have peritonitis or a rupture, esophageal varices, etc, you could develop sepsis and die, or you could just bleed out on the floor and that would be the end.
                          Sorry to be so graphic, but that is what it comes down to.
                          Peace be with you Dixon. I will see what else I. An find out for services in the UK.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie,

I am separated from family due to domestic violence so I have show the report that I am doing well to the social worker,schools, so that I could see my kids that is the only reason I want to be treated confidentially.If I go to see a GP now,I have to get report from GP which shows my substance abuse is growing.
                            Nursie, do you think that if I can remain AL free for couple of days and see its impact on my health and still not improving I could go a doctor to save my life.I am not sure how dangerous is it would be if I remain AL free and see the progress??
                            Can I find any private clinic in cheaper price so that I can get the advise on the degree of my health ?, that I am seeking now .
                            I am just thinking not to drink at all for some days and see the impact.

Thank you for inspiring me to go to doctor.Anyway I am thinking to get an appointment soon.
                            Dixon

Comment

Dixon I think you are trying so hard to protect your secret and how bad your drinking is that it is standing in the way of you getting help and looking after your health. LFTs are just a starting point and you may need follow up tests. You're so worried about what will happen if you come clean and tell anyone the truth, but really can things get any worse? The only thing left to lose is your health, and you are still trying to protect your drinking and keep it secret.

Your doctor is not going to shunt you off to rehab against your will, he may prescribe some medication to help you and point you to some resources where you can get help. I'm sure the social worker knows you have a drinking problem after what happened, and your reputation has already been shattered, and if you want to gain the trust of your wife and children again, and regain your reputation, you have to get sober and show everyone you've changed but it won't just happen, you have to make it happen, because nothing will change if you keep pretending your drinking isn't as big a problem as it is. Get well dixon, without our health we have nothing.

Comment

Dixon.

Seeking help from a doctor for your drinking, will more than likely be a positive to the social workers and the courts. It will show that you are serious about making a change for yourself.

All the best mate.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X