Clear All

Army Thread 11th May

I am here, good news about Mum!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

hello I'm back from the manic day from hell... but it was good and all the kids were fab and even mine aren't killing each other .. yet...
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Evening army. Good news about your mum Zen. Been a mixed bag of weather here sun and rain. Its sunny now. Just been doing some cleaning and sorting out clothes i've put some old stuff by for charity and made a start on sorting out my wardrobe. Going to do a bit more later i'v thrown some junk already God knows what else is there. It will keep me busy tho i wish i had more exciting plans for friday evening. Going to start dinner be back later.

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Zenstyle;1314646 wrote:

Now, where the heck is everyone today???
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

stirly-girly;1314664 wrote:
            I am here but running about. My friend is arriving in a few minutes but I have to go out and visit a friend in hospital plus a zillion other things

Glad your Mum is sorted with a diagnosis Zen.

Foxy well done on your declutter.

Love to everyone else --Must fly:h

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

i'z here, I'z here.

Good news about yer Ma, Zens.

I'm very precious about me Silver Birch in the back garden, Oners. I nigh on have a nervous breakdown when it gets pruned in case he takes to much off, but I'm afraid one of these days it'll affect the foundations of the house. So I'll just enjoy it until then.

The all in one furry suit is called a onesie, Tippers,and I wore it for bed along wif a pair of bed socks.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

ROLL ON BEDTIME!!!!!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

for the kids, not me.

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Hiya Troopers!!

Good news about your Mum, Zennie-butt. You must be relieved. Yes, diverticulosis can be managed. Good it's not the itis. That can be very painful. How nice that you got such a friendly reception from the hospital. They are not always so friendly here, that's for sure. Sometimes when you really need to find out how things are going with a friend or family member, even up close and in person, you will get the brush off.

Oney - I hope Mia is better and that you had a nice day together. Oh, just saw the part about your tree. We have an olive tree right in front of our apartment. I get upset when they trim it. If they ever wanted to cut it down, I'd be very, very upset. If you want to plant a new tree, there is a kind of cedar/cypress tree that the roots grow straight down and it grows very quickly. We had a line of them put in the back of the garden in the summer of 2006 and they are already quite tall. I'll go see if I can find a couple of pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

Foxy, :goodjob: on getting that sorted. I need badly to attack our closets. Don't like it much. Looks like it might rain here in a bit. It would be most welcome.

Pingu - glad your day went well and hopefully the kids will be a bit calmer this evening and let you have a bit of peace and quiet.

Jackie - about time you showed up. :wavin:

Enjoy yourself Mrs. A!!!

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Remember it's horsie riding tonight. Little Miss JC has just turned up.

I have a teeny weeny flutter of excitement going on.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

JackieClaire;1314679 wrote: Remember it's horsie riding tonight. Little Miss JC has just turned up.

I have a teeny weeny flutter of excitement going on.
                        :hiya: Glad to see you back JC! Ponies!!!:l
                        Zenners-good news about your mum!And Foxy-I need to declutter too!
                        And Oney-sorry about your tree hon. We do become attatched to them.
                        And a big hello to everyone else!!!

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Eeek this is it.

Back in about an hour.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

Going to cook sausages and chips -how healthy!:H
                            And chill out with a film. Bliss. Love Friday night.
                            :l

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

I've lost 4 lbs this week, how careless of me

But it is so damn typical that I try to fix everything at once LOL... Ill be worn out by next week!!! Lack of food, next to no meds, exercise ..... I'll get my new yoga DVD hopefully tomorrow

I tactfully suggested my OH take Tigger to the shop with him, to buy cat food, just so I have a precious 10 minutes of quiet to finish my work for tomorrow

Sausages and wank, how delicious !!!! Mmmm jealous. I have made turkey curry... just threw a few bits in here and there, it smells OK
                              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 11th May

JackieClaire;1314687 wrote: Eeek this is it.

Back in about an hour.Best of luck, Jackie...
                                Zenstyle;1314688 wrote: Oners... just read about your tree. Ach, I know that'll be tough for you, being as you put a lot of faith in nature. Get another, more suitable, one and plant it in its place.

Will a fruit tree grow in your climate?
                                Oney - these are the trees I was talking about. The first picture was taken in April of 2007. The second one I took about half an hour ago. On the right side of the photo where I've put the little yellow arrow, you can make out the railings that are above the trees in the first picture. That will give you an idea as to how much they've grown in 5 years. The last pic is what the leaves look like. The best thing is what I said earlier, the roots grow down, don't spread out.

Zenstyle;1314690 wrote:
                                Oh, and the nurse said to my Ma "Your daughter doesn't sound in the least bit American... and she's been there HOW long?" LOL....
                                Zennie - I get that so often at the store. I answered the phone one day a couple of weeks ago as I usually do - Good morning, and then the name of our store. The guy on the other end didn't even say good morning. His answer was - I can tell you've come here from some foreign country. And again today, a customer asked me where I was from. I don't mind really but people don't realize that it is almost impossible to lose the accent. Or to learn to speak without one. Especially a foreign language. Then they start in on - well why are you here and not in Canada, etc., etc. It's all just simple curiosity and I have had some very interesting conversations with people that all started because of my accent.

Comment

Working...
                                X