STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

Off subject but wanted to share. I live on the second floor so I have a balcony. I walked out there last night and my cat ATTACKED me-right out of nowhere-I did not even know she was out there. I tried to get away from her and finally picked up a rug and got it between us. Legs scratched and bloody. Got her into my bedroom, and s friend who has cats came over with big gloves and stuff and we got her into the carrier. Went to all night vet. She was fine with the vet, she examined her with no problem. She seemed OK. Got home and let her our. Within 10 minutes she attacked me again. VERY frightening. Now she's locked in the guest room and seeing a different vet tomorrow. If I even go near the door and say her name she hisses. It;s frankly like having a Tasmanian devil in the house.
    I can't bring her back here like this. I don't know what's going to happen but it is the scariest thing I've seen.

Any cat experts here? I've been reading about this and they generally refer to intermittent episodes-this like just the way she IS now, at least toward me. I don't have $$$ for expensive testing etc so I'll just see what they can do. I'm afraid they can't do much.

Thanks for listening

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

That's really strange Ann, and kinda sad, lol. Seems to be a lot of that on the internet (I checked), but the reasons seemed as varied as it could be cat scratch fever, stress, boredom...impossible to narrow it down. Poor thing is probably even more upset at being locked in a room, but I know you have no choice. I have four cats, but I'm no expert. BF brought his cat here not quite 2 yrs ago and she had a litter of three, which we kept, and they will be one year tomorrow. We let them have free reign outside, and they come and go as they please through the pet door.

I hope you get some answer soon.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

Thanks LG

She's only my second cat and I've never seen this except on TV episodes about animal control. It is like demonic posession. Their eyes dilate and look black. There's a lot of stuff talked about in reference to fear, seeing something that scared her and she took it out on me. I don't really buy it. She has been sitting out there and there is nothing weird or threatening around.

So terrible. She was my baby.

Comment

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

I'm so sorry. One of our cats is my "baby". It's a male. His name is Flurry.

One quick question: is she spayed?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

Ann, I have a cat who I call "the crazy cat". I had four cats at one time and one time when I brought one of them back from a vet visit, she went nuts on that cat. She scared the crap out of me. She attacked the cat and hissed at me with the most devilish eyes. From that day on I had to keep them separated. When I moved into my new house there was no way to keep them away from each other. I had no choice but to adopt out either the 3 sane cats or the crazy one. I choose to keep the crazy one since I knew no one would adopt her. One time she also saw a cat outside (right outside my window) and she went crazy hissing, screaming and pacing. I hid in the bathroom, i was that afraid of her. Now I put socks on my hands and play rough with her and let her bite and scratch me til shes tired, it doesnt hurt cause my skin is covered and I no longer show fear with her behaviour. She has not shown any dominant behavior since (she does hiss every now and then but I let her be and walk away, I look at it as her way of saying she is in a bad mood).

I hope they find out whats wrong or at least give you a way to deal with her behavoir. Pets are like children to us and it's hard to give up on them.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

STRANGE NEWS FRIENDS

Females will behave that way sometimes if they can't get outside when they are in heat. Was she spayed? I believe some problems with cats can be due to them either not being neutered or spayed. Otherwise, I have no clue, lol.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
            X