Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th May

Good morning Troopers.

Today is mine and Chills last day in London and what a week its been. I have learned so much and am keen to put this new learning into practice once I am back in my day to day.
    One of the main things I will take away from this is that our thoughts are ours and if we choose to think rubbish thoughts and make ourselves depressed, its our CHOICE. Therefore it figures that we can choose to think good thoughts and not go over the same old shite that made us feel rubbish in the first place.

I also had some sad news yesterday. Mr Starts called me to tell me a friend of mine had died. He attended the funeral on Thursday. He hadnt wanted to tell me before as he thought it would interfere with my studies. It was a big shock as she was only my age and she had breast cancer. She had battled it twice before and I thought she had beaten it. I had not heard from her for about 6 months and it seems that it came back in that time and she lost her battle. RIP Linda.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 12th May

Good morning, Starty.

Sorry to hear about your friend's passing :l:l:l

Are you headed back home later today? Glad to hear you've had so much benefit from the course.

I've some stuff to do ahead of Mother's Day tomorrow. We're having my MIL & SIL and her family over as well, so it'll be a big cookup.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Good Morning Starty and Tipps. Starty so sorry to hear about your friend I have a sil battleing cancer 2nd time around so its tough on her family too as she has chemo to go tru. I enjoyed hearing about ur week with chill and its great you got so much benefit from it. So true about positive thinking tho some days we struggle with our thoughts. /Woke up to another sunny day may it last. Tipps you sound like you have a busy weekend i hope you have a blast. More coffee needed.:sun::cupajoe:

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Morning Tips, happy shopping for tomorrow.
        Starty,--So sorry to hear about Linda, I suppose it brings up lots of memories and feelings. Warm thoughts from Mrs A.
        My houseguest is just getting up so I had better shake a leg.

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

xpost Foxy. I hope your day stays sunny. I love your thoughtful posts btw

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Good morning Foxy & Mrs. A
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Morning anon and tanx for your compliment i tink i rabbit on some times but i love to share and post on here to all me mates:H:groupluv:

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

startingover;1314947 wrote: Good morning Troopers.

Today is mine and Chills last day in London and what a week its been. I have learned so much and am keen to put this new learning into practice once I am back in my day to day.
                One of the main things I will take away from this is that our thoughts are ours and if we choose to think rubbish thoughts and make ourselves depressed, its our CHOICE. Therefore it figures that we can choose to think good thoughts and not go over the same old shite that made us feel rubbish in the first place.

I also had some sad news yesterday. Mr Starts called me to tell me a friend of mine had died. He attended the funeral on Thursday. He hadnt wanted to tell me before as he thought it would interfere with my studies. It was a big shock as she was only my age and she had breast cancer. She had battled it twice before and I thought she had beaten it. I had not heard from her for about 6 months and it seems that it came back in that time and she lost her battle. RIP Linda.
                Oh so sorry Starty. Sad for your loss of good friend but hope she is now in a better place pain free:l

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

anon;1314960 wrote: Morning Tips, happy shopping for tomorrow.
                  Starty,--So sorry to hear about Linda, I suppose it brings up lots of memories and feelings. Warm thoughts from Mrs A.
                  My houseguest is just getting up so I had better shake a leg.
                  Hi and Bye Ms A - ENJOY!!!
                  Mr Tipsy - howya
                  Foxy have a nice day - sun shining in Co Kildare too. Not sure how to deal with it:H
                  Starty- really interested in that course. What was it called.see if it's here. Have oodles of time

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Ahoy there beautiful army-ites....great to be here

Starts, sincere condolences and warm thoughts to you for the loss of your friend, how truly sad and unnecessary. Sorry for your loss, hon.

I've just got off the phone from my daughter - that was most likely the first time ever we have spoken to each other without a '3rd party' (either a social worker or her evil foster woman)....and she is 14. I have waited many many years to have a conversation with her that was free and natural, and I am so very very very grateful, making what was possibly going to be the worst mother's day ever, into the BEST mother's day ever, by far....Only because I am sober was this gift able to happen.

I am on top of the world and we both (Mary and I) know it's only going to get better!!!

Wishing you all a restful and crap-free AF Saturday - it's moving into evening here x

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Hidey Ho Army - Holy Moley - twice in one day

Starters sorry to hear about your friend.
                      Kapo - good news about your daughter
                      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

kapone12;1314974 wrote: Ahoy there beautiful army-ites....great to be here

Starts, sincere condolences and warm thoughts to you for the loss of your friend, how truly sad and unnecessary. Sorry for your loss, hon.

I've just got off the phone from my daughter - that was most likely the first time ever we have spoken to each other without a '3rd party' (either a social worker or her evil foster woman)....and she is 14. I have waited many many years to have a conversation with her that was free and natural, and I am so very very very grateful, making what was possibly going to be the worst mother's day ever, into the BEST mother's day ever, by far....Only because I am sober was this gift able to happen.

I am on top of the world and we both (Mary and I) know it's only going to get better!!!

Wishing you all a restful and crap-free AF Saturday - it's moving into evening here x
                        God KP I am so HAPPY for you and Mary. Crazy that I can shed tears way over here for you both. :h

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Zeppie2;1314975 wrote: Hidey Ho Army - Holy Moley - twice in one day

Starters sorry to hear about your friend.
                          Kapo - good news about your daughter
                          Hello Zebbie! A lady in waiting
                          I work in HR and that's what I call my ladies going on maternity leave

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Hiya Satz - yes not long to wait now -
                            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 12th May

Hi Kapone and happy mother's day to you. So nice you got to talk with your daughter i hoipe you have many more nice conversations. Day is just starting here. Just had coffee and muesli for brekkie and now a glass of orange juice. Going to try get some gardening done and wash my back door whuch the cats have filthy by jumping up to get in from the rain. its a double french door so i dread cleaning it its tiresome but hads to be done. Bloody garden is overgrown with weeds so i'll do it bit by bit over the next few days weather permitting lol. What an exciting weekend cleaning and gardening but cud be worse i cud be in a wheelchair or bedridden.

Comment

Working...
                              X