Feeling shaky today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling shaky today

I'm OK but feeling shaky and weird. Don't want to drink but my ordeal with my the cat has worn me out. She is at the vet, they will neuter her Tues and I'll bring her home Wed.
    The first sign of this type of aggression again and she is gone.

Light a candle for me guys. Just a hard time

Peace and love to everybody.

Feeling shaky today

Hi Ann,
    Please take a long breath time to time close your eyes and observe your feeling very closely...If we observe any wrong things at a sober time our brain starts hating that habit...Please remember it again and again every things in the worlds are changeable they come and go ...It goes ,goes and goes...please be hydrated as well.
    Please be cool and think your energy.
    A big salute for your courage!
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Hi Ann sorry to hear about your ordeal with the cat i never had that type of aggression with any of my cats. I think the neutering should calm him/her down. Could be it heat or something similar. Anyway let us know how you get on when you the cat home. Good luck.:l Was a bit shakey myself this weekend with al thoughts but itried to keep busy and not cave in. I'm so glad to wake up hangover free and not lose half the day trying to recover. Hi to Dixion stay strong hun and keep posting and drinking lots of water.

Comment

Feeling shaky today

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to give me a pm. HANG IN THERE! YOU CAN DO IT!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Hang in there Ann, you've sent strength before, so let me send a little back!

Hope all gets better for you soon
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Hang in there Ann, the issue with your cat is VERY traumatic, I hope she gets sorted soon and you have your loving little cat back.

Stay Strong!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Thanks Everyone

I'm OK, but I'm just wondering how I'm going to be comfortable with her here again. I hate the thought of being afraid in my own place. Botht he attacks were completely out of the blue. The vet said she had not heard of this, especially this behavior for a day and a half straight! I get vibes from a lot of people that I should spare no expense and do any and all testing, inclusing brain scan for a tumor etc. I just can't do that. all this stuff today was $600 that I can't afford.
              I guess it's like I'm feeling guilty though the vet was totally understanding. She said they can handle aggressive dogs much better than aggressive cats. I just don't know if I'll be able to relax with her walking around. Now that I look back on it she has shown SMALL signs of aggression but I thought it was not weird since it was very very mild. My one cat lover friend who helped me with her seems to think I'm supposed to go to extremes to "help" her and I agree to a point. BUT I am not having an animal in my house that I have to be afraid of. Apparently there's a nationally known animal behaviorist here at NCSU and the vet will speak to her Monday. My cat lover friend now is saying maybe she's in heat. Well...I've seen her in heat and she has never done anything but wail and roll around. THe vet said she has never seen that as a reason for this wild aggressive behavior for a day and a half.
              I'll get through this. I'm going to check and see what my options , short of the animal shelter. I don't want to do that. It just bothers me that there are do many "suggestions" about what to do that don't make sense to me. Like it's anxiety, or something scared her, she saw a cat or something outside, try this drug and that drug. Anxiety my ass -she was possessed. I'm sorry this happened but I can't go to all these extremes with it.

Thanks guys

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Hi Ann,

Maybe your cat lover friend can look after your cat for awhile. I wonder if your cat is in some kind of physical pain, and so lashes out at any 'disturbance'? Anyway, hope this is resolved for you and your cat asap. Take care of yourself, and good luck!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Thanks G

Doesn't seem to be pain. Just really inexplicable at this point. I'll figure out my options for what to do by Wed when I have to go get her.

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Ann - I didn't want to share earlier because my story didn't have a happy ending. But, I am going to tell you so that if you have to make a hard decision, this might help you.

We had a cat that had been abandoned by her mother. We bottle fed her and raised her. We loved her very much. She got pregnant before we were able to take her in to get neutered. After she had the kittens, she went crazy. She started having really strange behavior. Once we caught her climbing a window screen carrying a kitten up the window. 6 feet high in the air. Anyway, she started attacking us. It wasn't as violent attacks as your cat did to you. But, definite attacks. We tried everything we could for weeks. We took her to the vet. We tried medication. Some type of tranquilizer. It didn't help. We finally had to take her to the vet and have her put down. It was a really hard decision and we hated having to do that. But, we wouldn't have been able to give her anyone. Afterwards, the vet told us that it was the best decision for us to make. There really was nothing that they could have done.

I'm sorry that you're going thru this. I know how hard it is. We were just heartbroken. I'm thinking of you and hope that neutering helps.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Thank you Nora

It is hard, and I just don't know what to do yet. I can't worry about what other people think of me. I can't give her to anyone, and I can't live with that behavior. My daughter told me last year that she was kind of aggressive to her but I didn't see it. Nothing like this episode obviously. I will do what I have to do. I hear that to do that costs $300.00. I won't do that unless I have to. But I am open to that if need be.

Thanks again Nora. I think that if it comes to that I'd be afraid to get another one. I guess a goldfish would be safe LOL

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Ann - we have had so many cats in our 35 years of marriage. At least 18. We have 4 right now. We have only seen that type of behavior that one time.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feeling shaky today

I'm confused. Nora didn't you just say you had to put down a cat that went crazy after having a litter?

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Sorry - I didn't finish my sentence. I'm going back to fix it now. We have only seen that behavior once.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feeling shaky today

ann is your cat old? You said you've noticed some agression in her in the past so I'm thinking it could be a thyroid tumour. They are really common in older cats. My old cat who's always been a bit narky started becoming reallly aggressive, if you tried to pat her or move her off a chair she would get really nasty and attack you, but it was so out of character. we just put it down to her being old and cranky, and then she started attacking our dogs as well. I noticed the dogs were becoming more and more wary of her and keeping their distance but one night one of the dogs jumped on the bed while she was up there, and she went nuts, I swear she was trying to kill the dog, she was just wild, i'd never seen anything like it. It ended up with the little dog cowering and screaming in the corner while my husband ended up on the floor torn to pieces trying to hold on to a psychotic cat while I tried to get hold of the dog. We didn't realise she had a thyroid tumour, and it made her temper really bad, temper doesn't even describe it, it's like she had this uncontrollable rage that was so unpredictable, and you just didn't know when it would go it off. They can do a blood test to check for it, and usually the tumours are non cancerous but they put the thyroid on overdrive, but there is medication for it. I think it would be worth getting her tested if she is an older cat. Once my cat got on meds she just became normal again and that terrible anger and aggression just went away.

Comment

Working...
                              X