Feeling shaky today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling shaky today

Ann 221;1315388 wrote: It is hard, and I just don't know what to do yet. I can't worry about what other people think of me. I can't give her to anyone, and I can't live with that behavior. My daughter told me last year that she was kind of aggressive to her but I didn't see it. Nothing like this episode obviously. I will do what I have to do. I hear that to do that costs $300.00. I won't do that unless I have to. But I am open to that if need be.

Thanks again Nora. I think that if it comes to that I'd be afraid to get another one. I guess a goldfish would be safe LOL

There ya go! Just got into the saltwater hobby last Christmas my daymself....its a LOT of fun GO FOR IT
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Feeling shaky today

THANKS MOLLY

mollyka;1315606 wrote: Ann, I'm really not an animal person so am very reluctant to post here. My anxiety would be for you as a recovering alcoholic. There seem to be 2 things here - one that you would be nervous in the future with the cat around - I would be too, it would be a trust thing - could it happen anytime? The other is that you imply that people have said you should spend shedloads of money sorting this out regardless of your financial situation? Now maybe I have that wrong and I apologise in advance if I have, but imvho I would not put myself into bad financial straits - and potentially not fix the problem, but as recovering alcoholics we are consumed by guilt on all fronts and I don't think I would let myself feel guilty about 'letting go' on this one if it was going to cause me problems.
      I REALLY REALLY stress this is just my personal opinion, and it probably is easy for me to speak like this because I'm not an animal lover --- just mind yourself, first and foremost I think is what I'm trying to say - and I really mean this in a caring way --- for you:l Sorry if I've upset you or anyone else by speaking like this xx
      No I understand. That's what I mean-I don't need extra stress and aggravation. I'm OK on the Antabuse and so glad to have it, but you are right. I have to do what is right for me.
      It's odd that she's not here, but I'll see what happens if I bring her back. I suppose it is a possiblity that the neutering will be the key, but I have no idea and the vet didn't seem to either. The first attack was when I walked out on the balcony and they were implying something scared her. But the secong one was sitting here in the living room, again out of nowhere. So the fear thing is out the window and I didn't buy it in the first place.

Thanks to everyone for responses. Just stuff to deal with all the time, but that's life. Up and down and all around.LOL

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Thanks Zen

It was kind of life description sI've read of people who have encountered a sociopath. She was not herself; it just wasn't her doing this to me. Like possession. Very weird.

I've decided to give it one more chance. So I'll see what happens after I pick her up Wed. I also would have to think of her doing that to someone else. That would be even worse, but really the other night it seemed to be that I was the target.

I think I will be very watchful of her behavior. I am used to having her here. When I come in I'm looking around for her etc. I hope I get a call tomorrow with the report on the conversation with the behaviorist with her opinion. Should be interesting.

Comment

Feeling shaky today

Hi Ann,

I hope everything turns out okay with the Kitty. I'm hoping the neutering will calm her down. I do understand that you don't want to be afraid in your own home, I agree with you. Good luck with whatever happens. As an animal lover, I hate to think of making any drastic decisions, but I do understand that we have to draw the line somewhere. I've got a dog with lung problems, and although I love her beyond words, I won't go into debt and sacrifice my or my daughters future to do extreme treatments. I'll keep her happy and comfortable. Anyways, I'll be thinking of you and wishing for the best!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
          X