Okay then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay then...

Been correpsonding tonight, okay you will all know I am not sober. Why oh why, have had long weekend off work, so that is my okay to drink all weekend??? back to work tomorrow so will wake up with hangover and all that goes with it... oh shit !!! xxxx Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Okay then...

Lorna,
    Wish you the best! Hope you feel better tomorrow. I know it's tough.

Take Care
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Okay then...

Lorna;

I hope your day tomorrow isn't all bad. Hang in there, things do get better. I know about being off from work and thinking that is the OK time to drink. But you are not by yourself. Hopefully you can get some sleep and feel better. Maybe a cup of Sleepytime Herbal Tea. If you take Melatonin, that helps also. I've started taking Niacin, and it does help .

Comment

Okay then...

Lorna, I know exactly how you feel. You have a good day/bad day at work, you feel up/down, you want to celebrate or you want to comfort yourself. so you buy a few bottles of wine, and its always one for tonight and perhaps one for tomorrow. You get home and open the first bottle telling yourself, just two glasses, no more because I've got work tomorrow. Before you know it you have finished the first bottle and are half way down the second one. So you go to bed, wake up in the early hours, feel sick and disgusted with yourself. Drag yourself into work, somehow get through most of the day hoping no one will notice, then, about 3 or mabye 4 o'clock in the afternon you suddenly start to feel better, you think to yourself, hmm, I've still got that half bottle of wine left in the cupboard, might not be enough though, better buy another one on the way home!!!!

And so the cycle goes on. Thankfully I have broken that cycle , I haven't had a drink now for quite a few months but I could feel myself start to think about it with a kind of yearning, thats when I found this place and decided to join for the extra support.

Lorna, if you can try to think past what that first drink will feel and taste like, to how you will feel the next day, that did help me at times, also, I would try to distract myself by doing something, anything at all just to try and stop thinking about having that drink.

Don't know if any of that rambling of mine will help, but I wish you well on your journey.

Dancer.

Comment

Okay then...

Lorna....don't beat yourself up. It's a journey. We all do things we wish we hadn't. No judgment here. Just wishes for happiness and good health. Tomorrow we try again. And tomorrow we will be stronger and smarter!

Comment

Okay then...

Oh thanks to you all, at work and feeling not too bad. Day One Again !! xxxx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Okay then...

Frail we are ...but keep trying we must!
              Control the Mind

Comment

Okay then...

Fall seven times, Get up eight. - Japanese Proverb
                :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                X