Chemo Childen's Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemo Childen's Hats

We all have struggled, tried to fill the AL-less hours with SOMETHING. I'd like to ask, respectfully, for some help for my friend, not an MWO member. I've known her at least 15 years, and she has had so many struggles in her own life, like we have. She remarried, happily, a wonderful man, but their only child, their only son, was killed by a passing car while I worked with her. Enough for any parent, right?
    Now, her 'tween' granddaughter, 10, has been through numerous surgeries and treatments for a brain tumor. Dianne is one of the most wonderful, forgiving, believing women I've ever known. Her Grace is now losing her hair because of chemo, and for those of you with daughters, you know how devastating this is.
    Please, if you have needlework skills, put your sober frustrations into helping an innocent. I crochet, but one hand is swathed in a cast, indefinitely. For any excess hats, Dianne will be sure they're distributed to other suffering children. I don't completely agree that alchoholism is a choice, but don't want to debate it here. I only want to help this child, and others who don't have the network her grandmother does, feel more normal about something that is entirely not their fault.
    Grace is doing OK. Chemo is hard, after surgery, and she is losing her hair. We DO have a choice in recognizing our risky behavior. She doesn't. So fill your hands with work, your mind with giving, your days with thinking about someone besides your problems, and help children everywhere feel more normal.
    I know this is not what this forum is about, but in a way, it is. Learning to embrace the world, do what we can. If you want to help, please PM me. And thank you for letting me post this personal favor.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Chemo Childen's Hats

I have the craft skills of a rock, but i will be happy to do something else.....especially as a breast cancer survivor.
    Lovely request Ruby and I hope you get lots of responses
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Chemo Childen's Hats

I'm a complete beginner at crocheting, Rubes. What a wonderful idea, though! :l

Comment

Chemo Childen's Hats

Let me look up some easy crochet hats. I might be able to do those.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Chemo Childen's Hats

You can get free patterns at bevscountrycottage.com/beanies-crochet
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X