Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY

Hello Friends

Just thinking this morning about all the good stuff in my life, and how being drunk is such a waste of time. I'm learning to love myself enough to treat myself well. Not perfect by any stretch but moving forward every day.

One of the scary aspects of living sober is having to face everything as it is, without a medicated buffer. To make decisions based on sound reasoning and not some drunken whim. It's accountability, responsibility, and taking charge of a life that has been haphazard at best.

For me it's developing the ability to be comfortable in situations where I used to think I'm not good enough as I am. It's letting go of a concern about how other people see me. Only I can know what's in my heart and head, and that's who I must face in the mirror every day. When I look at her I can say you go girl-you are absolutely OK.

I'm looking forward to a fun summer, without alcohol to blur the landscape.

Thank to all of you for being here. This place is a big part of my salvation

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY

Good Morning Ann!

Great post. You're right about learning how to deal with life "un-medicated". It takes some getting used to, but it gets easier as time goes on. I think I am finally at the point where I can make clear decisions, and maybe they're still not always the best, but at least they weren't made in a drunken fog.

Waking up each day un-hung is the best feeling. It's finally becoming the "normal" and it's great.

And I agree with you, you are absolutely OK...in fact, better than OK...you're doing great!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY

Inspiring Post

Thanks so much for this Anne..It is truly uplifting, bless you for posting this.

Ann 221;1316786 wrote: Hello Friends

Just thinking this morning about all the good stuff in my life, and how being drunk is such a waste of time. I'm learning to love myself enough to treat myself well. Not perfect by any stretch but moving forward every day.

One of the scary aspects of living sober is having to face everything as it is, without a medicated buffer. To make decisions based on sound reasoning and not some drunken whim. It's accountability, responsibility, and taking charge of a life that has been haphazard at best.

For me it's developing the ability to be comfortable in situations where I used to think I'm not good enough as I am. It's letting go of a concern about how other people see me. Only I can know what's in my heart and head, and that's who I must face in the mirror every day. When I look at her I can say you go girl-you are absolutely OK.

I'm looking forward to a fun summer, without alcohol to blur the landscape.

Thank to all of you for being here. This place is a big part of my salvation

Comment

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY

You're a star Ann.

Kick some arse!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY

Ann,

I hear you so clearly on this post. You are really getting it girlfriend. So proud of you. I swear it just keeps getting better so keep it going.

xx,
          UN

Comment

Working...
          X