it never ends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it never ends ...

after more than a year of happily not drinking - one 'celebration' shot and I am back slugging away - hate my weakness and also hate the fact that I cannot 'socially' drink like 'normal' people - really down about myself

it never ends ...

Cedar :l

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I know that feeling well. I KNOW how easy it would be for me to slip right back into a 12 pack per day...that's why I can't ever have that first drink. The key word to your post was "happily" not drinking. Remember that happiness. And yes, it does end...you can end it again. Get up, dust yourself off and start over. I know you can do it. I'm sending you stregth.

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

it never ends ...

Sending you strength. I also know that I am one drink away from having 3-4 shots, about a 12 pack of beer or more and a mixed drink night. I never want to go back so therefore I won't have the first drink. You can do it again. Just learn to say no to AL no matter what. You have to take AL off the table completely. I have faith that you can do it again.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

it never ends ...

Hi Cedar

Sorry to read this but from personal circumstances, I can relate to your story.

After 8.5 months of not drinking in 08/09 I was pursuaded to have a tiny glass of champagne at my neighbours daughters 18th. That was all it took and I was back drinking daily for nearly 3yrs and avoided MWO.

I finally returned and started again in Feb and today is day 83.

You came back sooner and confessed, that takes a lot of strength and honesty. You can do it again, you've learned the hard way that you can't mod. Don't let this destroy you and do not give up because of this. Take it as a valuable lesson and move on. I so regret the last 3 years but you don't have to make my mistake.

Keep going.

Comment

it never ends ...

I think what K9 pointed out is key. You were happy not drinking. Has drinking made you happier? Obviously not. And it won't in the future either. You're holding onto some romanticized idea about drinking that isn't true. That stinking drinking thinking. Let it go.

Comment

it never ends ...

always such value in replied - thank you for some wisdom and focus ! yes i was a "happy" non-drinker and also loved this "You're holding onto some romanticized idea about drinking that isn't true"
            x

Comment

Working...
            X