• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a AF or AL thread now !

Oh Dears,

I just made it 4 weeks !
    I am now close to one month ..
    I am doing this really with yours support and my Livers condition, brain damage and fearing of other diseases .Cant forget my social, family and financial loss as well.
    I will do it for sure !
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hi Dixon--congratulations on week 4+. I think that's a great idea just feel drunk on life-au naturelle. Great ignore button too.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Congratulations Dix!!! You have come a long way. I'm so proud of you!:goodjob:

Lg

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Hi Dixon,

You should be very proud of what you are accomplishing. The first 4 weeks are by far the worst and you have them behind you. You are in control, not the alcohol. AL does not have control anymore. You posted earlier about being unsure of remaining alcohol free for the long run. Don't worry about forever, just today and making today the best it can be. We all know a day can not be the best when alcohol enters the picture. You're doing great Dixon!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

RingingCedars;1331677 wrote: Hi Dixon--congratulations on week 4+. I think that's a great idea just feel drunk on life-au naturelle. Great ignore button too.
            Thanks RC,
            Yes, I am still doing well feel drunk of blessing..Thanks for liking my signature too.
            Dix

Comment

LibraryGirl;1331696 wrote: Congratulations Dix!!! You have come a long way. I'm so proud of you!:goodjob:

Lg
              Hi LG,
              You are everywhere now ,I mean posting in most of the threads !
              So am more proud of you really !!!
              Dix

Comment

I made it 29 days !

allswell;1331771 wrote: Hi Dixon,

You should be very proud of what you are accomplishing. The first 4 weeks are by far the worst and you have them behind you. You are in control, not the alcohol. AL does not have control anymore. You posted earlier about being unsure of remaining alcohol free for the long run. Don't worry about forever, just today and making today the best it can be. We all know a day can not be the best when alcohol enters the picture. You're doing great Dixon!
                Hi allswell,
                Yes I am really proud of it .Now I made it 29 days !
                I am really thinking better and never feel weepy since I became AF ,otherwise I used to weeping everyday cause of depression.
                Now I try to make me weeping but cant do at the moment so that I have been raising my self esteem and balancing my liver as well..
                My work efficiency also has gone up.But there is always challenge to stay sober all the times.
                Cheers
                Dix

Comment

Dixon 30 days AF !

Hi folks,
                  Finally I made my 30 days AF .Hurray !
                  Now my target is just another week .One week at a time .Lol
                  Now feeling ,

1. Calm.
                  2.Aware to health and eating pattern,Now more focused on veg. and fruits.
                  3. Lost weight by 4 kg.,feeling handsome !
                  4.Depression improved.
                  5.Thinking of living more .
                  6. Thinking to do something new.
                  7.Feeling comfortable.
                  8. Can handle the stress without AL.
                  9.When drunk just remembered positive things now can apply in life.
                  10. Loneliness has lifted to self esteem.
                  11.Thinking to do something for family though being apart.
                  12. saving money.
                  13.gaining self esteem.
                  14. Eating food and taking medicines on time.
                  15.At all ,feeling comfortable......

Still to feel good are,

1. Improvement in memory power.
                  2.to accept my wife without any reason.
                  3. to re gain social/family approval.
                  4.to stay sober for ever.
                  and many more ..
                  Thanks to all and MWO family.
                  Dixon:wave::happy:
                  Dixon

Comment

Great job Dixon!!!! You have got a plan and are sticking to it!!! So very happy for you. :goodjob:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

30+1 days AF !

NoraC,
                      Thank you for your findings on me !
                      Yea , I should make a good plan rather than this .

I am going ahead to achieve my goal with the stick given by all of you.
                      Dixon

Comment

Days 32 AF...

Hi
                        This Dixon on 32 days AF.
                        Usually I am off on Monday.I have to go in a meeting every Monday at 3.00pm for an hour.When finished the meeting I used to be a binge before one months but now I have 5 sober Monday.I cooly returned to home with no craving on the way to home.Being alone I have cook food myself so made chicken curry,veggie stir fry,green salad and enjoyed the food with naan bread ,yoghurt and apple juice.Now cooly reading out mwo post.Relaxed mind and energetic body.I used to binge before one month and now would be in a restaurant for further al and food.
                        Now I am taking a rest and reading out the books.After an hour will do meditation and got drunk of it and fall asleep.
                        Wow,what a difference way of living? Will be drunk soon with full of satisfaction and fun of meditation.
                        How about friend?
                        Dixon

Comment

You are an inspiration Dixon. Your posts are so endearing these days. Happy sober Monday!

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

RC you are so wonderful and gave me a lots of encouragement so why am here !
                            I have heard that you are specialit in dietry and food supplement too.
                            Being a sober, I got amy another goal achieved which is weight loss.I tried manytime when I were with AL ,even taking expensive pills but now got it without any efforts and it is priceless.I paid for Gym but been there occasionally because of AL.So lost of money there too.
                            I am now happy to do simple exercise at my home and half an hor meditation which is free of cost and beneficial to mind and body both.
                            Now I am aware of foods as well and starting enjoying with natural and raw foods rather than cooked one.
                            Starting a great sober morning !
                            How about you friends ?
                            Dix

Comment

Morning Dixon(afternoon for you, I suppose). I'm happy to have helped you on your journey. That's what the forum is all about. There are so many that have reached out to me and helped me keep going or coming back. I guess you could say my specialty is natural health..it's been my passion for many years and some courses under my belt as well. Not perfect or know everything by any means though, obviously, heh.
                              I so have wanted to be able to meditate regularly. I believe there is a lot of power in this practice and have had some very profound experiences when I have been able to settle my mind for it. Settling my mid is so difficult to get to that state though as probably the case for most. There is a guided meditation group that I've attended a couple of times. Think I will make an effort to go again.
                              Going to juice some watermelon now....

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

meditation...

RC may be good afternoon there !
                                Its nice to know that you are a practitioner of natural health.Now I am thinking to regain my memory power which I had abused for almost 2 decades.My mind divides into couple of thoughts at the same moment .So i cant concentrate on a simgle task.Because of this I have lost so many opportunities and lost two jobs.Now I have got a last warning on my existing job.The main problem is that, people say one thing but I cant understand them cause my mind has been cultivating by other past negative thoughts.Thats why I must follow the meditation and eat/drink the food/veggie/fruits that are supportive to develop my brain quickly.I really want to include them in my regular diet.So any ideasare welcome .

Regarding the meditation,we need not to follow any specific giuded formulae though there are many available for business purpose.What we can do is just close our eyes and concentrate on our breathing ,watching the thoughts ,never judge any thought is wrong or right,let them flow like a river.Before we do this practice we could play a music that we like and dance/shake your body for about 15-20 minutes , but make sure your eyes are closed and remember you are not an artist so just shake your body whatever you like or feel comfortable.Furthermore , you can cry,laugh or weep if you are alone but do not try to do so ,just let them come theirself.After a 20 minutes exercise/jogging/dancing your body is now ready to go for deep maditation.You can now either lie down or sit comfortably and feel your breathing -inhaling and exhaling .Then start watching your thoughts .You could do how long do you like but never forget to close your eyes.We really lose our energy when we are wacthing ,speaking ,hearing or listening with the open eyes.
                                If we do the same things closing the eyes we regain/recharge our energy.
                                We could do meditation when we are driving , working place ,walking there are so many techniques to enjoy the meditation.The above is a kind of indoor practice.
                                The above are my perception and learning so it depends person to person.
                                Lets share more ..
                                Dix

Comment

Working...
                                X