X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a AF or AL thread now !

One more day AF !

Ohh,

I forgot to post my progress , that I have made one month and three days sober.
    I have no strong craving at all though I was out of home whole day.I was alone so could catch up a bottle/glass any time but din't ...
    Isn't it a progress ?
    How about you ?
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

1 month and 4 days today ..

Hi everybody,
      Today , I have been invited by a group of collegues in a restaurant for a gathering and to having booze and dinner.Initially ,I scared to go there thinking of a relapse.After a while I decided to participate the dinner.I decided cause I thought how long can I scape from this events?.Oneday, I must attend such party so why not today ? . I made me courageous and have been there and stayed sober for whole period.What I gained is my self esteem has gone up and raised my controlling power.

If I attend a couple of such events and will remain AF , it would be easier to stay AF for infinite time.
      Thats a first time made a sober night in a hard liquor party after a long .
      Great achievement !!:thumbs:
      Dixon

Comment

Just making 35 days...no craving but feeling lonely...a little bit depressed.
        Dix

Comment

Hi Dixon; sorry you're feeling a little low. I find myself getting like that sometimes too. Part of what I've come to realise is that instead of dealing with feelings for what they are, I had been masking them by drinking. Bored or lonesome, drink and it will go away........but did it ever?
          Now, when faced full on with some of these feelings, I find I am starting to analyse and work out ways to deal with them. If I am bored, then I need to add another item on my 'to-do' list. Lonely, maybe busy myself by going to visit someone, join a club, make a long-awaited phone call? I know it is easier said than done but the advantage you and I both have right now is that everything is doable. How much was possible during those horrible, depressive and very lonely drinking sessions and hangovers? They made us even more isolated than we knew. These are the bumps along the road.......you are doing just bloody great and I am so happy when I see each stage of your progress.
          Know that although we may not know each other face to face, you have a friend. Chin up......and stay strong
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Dixon--Good job on your social evening and staying strong! You should be very proud. Could it be that you are feeling a bit down after being so elated with your victory yesterday? I've been trying to remind myself that if I'm feeling down, lonely or anxious, I am not living in the moment but looking at the past or pining for the future. I'll bet some meditation would help bring you back to centre.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hi Daisy45,
              I feel sometimes high and other a bit low.So my focus now is to elliminate the sorrows in sober mind.There is no question to masking them by AL for me.I have no dare to pick up a glass right now.Now, am trying to make a foundation so that I would not relapse again.
              Now, I do use my deep/long breathing to get relief from low esteem by inhaling and exhaling it.It really gives instant relief.But I am thinking to conquire my depression for ever.
              RingingCedars,
              I have got ample informations from you regarding recovery.Now ,I have no fighting with AL at the moment cause I have too much regret with this.I have lost property,faith of friends and family ,social status,own family,so what to lose is my life so won't make any friendship with this poison.If I have to die ,love to die sober even in the bed of
              hospital!!!
              RC, you have got the right point that I might have lost some energies due to yesterdays happiness so now felt low in mood?.At the moment I am cool, quite indifference and nuetral.My concern is on my mood swings which happen quite often.I agree with you that meditation is only the instant relief to low self esteem.
              All is ok now.
              How about you friends?
              Talk to you again.
              Take care,
              Dix

Comment

made it 36 days...

Hi fellows,
                No craving for al but feeling lonely and depressed,have no desire to do anything just regreting tragrdy with children and wIfe.Still,either I can accept her or can believe other woman to re-marry.What to do?. Now lying down on the bed and watching out the thoughts.Post you again what I will feel after a while..
                Thanks
                Dixon

Comment

37 days !

Folks,
                  Its my 37th day ! I came back from work prepared my dinner on my test.I had a very wonderful day,I enjoyed my work today in fullest.When coming back dint feel any craving on the way to home though I was feeling hungry.I used to carry on breads ,fruits ,nuts and honey in my bag and take them immediately when I feel hunger either I am in an office , train or a bus so the Al craving would go away.
                  Tonight I am cool and no worries at all.I have already taken my food thats why no possibility of having Al.The good or bad habit of mine is that I never put in alcohol in my home ,I always used to drink outside.If I am been able to get home I will definitely remain AF.
                  Rest is fine and how about you ?
                  Dix

Comment

Hi folks,
                    I made 38 days today without any major craving.
                    I am on AD ,milk thistle,kudzu,cod liver and feeling a little bit tired.
                    May be I should take vitamin BComplex.please advise.
                    I am fair healthy 5.5' tall and 71 kg. with medium frame Asian body.
                    Normal diet no fish ,chicken or meat but once a week only.
                    Thank you RingerCedars for your advices.
                    All others also are please share your experience.
                    I am busy with work and plenty of thinkings.
                    Dix

Comment

Good you to see you going well Dix, you will soon be a Veggie if thats all the meat you are eating.
                      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Mmams,
                        No idea what I would be !Anyeay 39 days AF today.
                        Lol
                        Actually I am addicted in any task.If I started reading only reading,if playing game only game,if in eating receipe only that,if wearing a shoes only that until it needs to be changed and so on......So want to be sober addicted.
                        Lets see.
                        I am almost confident that as I would achieve my goal cause you troops are behind me now!
                        Dix

UOTE=madmans;1336649]Good you to see you going well Dix, you will soon be a Veggie if thats all the meat you are eating. [/QUOTE]

Comment

40 days AF..

Just to update you all that I have been maintaining AF days continuosly.
                          Cravings are going to lesser powerful and feeling better.But still to recover the damaged brain back.I think it takes a time to regain the memory loss.
                          Rest is fine!
                          How is with you?
                          Dixon

Comment

Keep racking up the days Dix. You're doing fantastic gaining your life back.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thinking so allswell,
                              I have no way out rather than being AF for infinite to alive ...and enjoy the rest of life.
                              I wish you keep on giving your big hand.
                              Dix

Comment

Hey Dixon - you're doing great!!! So happy for you. :l
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X