Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a AF or AL thread now !

Hi Dix,

I'm a big believer that a lot of what ails us is due to diet. Have you considered having a review with a registered dietician? My concentration levels have increased dramatically after cutting way back on caffeine and eliminating processed sugar. Junk food is nonexistent in my diet and daily exercise is a must. We're all different and have to find what works for us. Good luck and keep stringing the days together.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Allswell,
      You are right that diet plays a great role for mood swings.
      I found tremendous difference being a sober,now body and brains tell me what to eat,drink,do or don't do anything.Now my body doent like heavy eating,and now is telling to quit tobacco.
      I think after quiting it my mind will feel peace and I will get concentration. I am doing of dieting myself and focusing to give up tobacco used products and see if go to dietician or not.
      I agree with you on dieting.
      Dix
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

84 days..

Doing well feeling great..still to get back my Memory..
        Other is fine.
        Dix

Comment

85 days...

Today is my day off,went to the olympic side saw the people entering olympic park.it was not too busy..
          Went to shopping centre bought some clothes.now at home feeling alone.
          Will start meditation soon.

15 days to go for 100.
          That's all.
          Dix

Comment

Days 86..

Days 86 .
            Dix

Comment

88 days..

Yes,88.
              Dix

Comment

Hi and well done dixon,Your achievements so far are truly inspirational to many here :-) When I first stopped drinking I could never imagine I would rather be at home with a good book then out my :friends: drinking. I now prefer it and enjoy the control and calm I have in my life.Yes the control over not drinking which I never had before because I thought I would miss the lifestyle that went along with it. It was the wrong choice for a lifestyle and it had taken over control of every aspect of my life.I have the control back . Not the control over alcohol but the control over the decision not to drink.
                No thanks I don't drink do you have a water or herbal tea :-) Nobody I know can imagine how good it feels to me inside to say that.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Dix , i have been offline for a few days but glad to see you doing great , i seen Mario's post on post on the long term section today and it's really important to make that change also (that is if you haven't already). Keep up the good work.
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Madmans welcome back , I hope you had some wonderful days !!

Yes , I am also trying to post in the column of Abstinence ,I am not sure either I am eligible or quite enough AF for this thread ??

Mario,
                    Its an almost universal truth and widely accepted thoughts that any mind altering substances are not good fit to the human body.Interestingly,While I was on my way back to home I met a friend ( not very close but socially connected ) , he purposed for a drink and I say no ,he became puzzled and asked me how will you going to be enjoying your future life then??.You will lose all of your friends ,do you have any health problems,or is it simply because of your family ,or for the sake of saving money and so on...
                    Really ,I also never could think a life about it before ,I was thought like you like my friend and now when think of it I really scare of my future ! what a difference.
                    I simply replied him, I would enjoy paying the bills of friends as usual but would do my best not to drink at all cause I am not well with my figure( fat )..I offered him for a drink and was looking at him very self-consciously to make me more stronger.

We are a winner now Mario,
                    Dix

Comment

Great job Dix! You are getting stronger every day. We are all super proud of how far you have come. You are an inspiration Keep on that steady path!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

K9Lover;1318779 wrote: You can do this Dixon! I'm glad you've started a thread, it helps to get things down in writing sometimes. Way to go on planning an alcohol free weekend. Do you have anything fun planned?
                        Hi K9,
                        Of course it is a kind of record and reminding all the times !!
                        Actually I do the following for time pass and fun,
                        1. Research of different topics relating to economy.politics and mainly human beings in the internet and books.
                        2.Meditation- whenever I get a flexible time.
                        3. Finding out and preparation of healthy foods.
                        4. Light exercise at home.
                        5. Knowing the life of destitute people like us and their success story again.
                        6.Listening musics...
                        that's all to maintain the AF life and still hoping to carry on some productive/exemplary works later on.
                        How about you ?
                        Dix

Comment

Wagoneer;1360904 wrote: Great job Dix! You are getting stronger every day. We are all super proud of how far you have come. You are an inspiration Keep on that steady path!
                          Hi Wagon,
                          I think I have defeated AL now.
                          I am now focused to build up my future and regain the life.Thinking what to do if wouldn't be able to do so ...may be I have to regain my self esteem back yet ??
                          Dix

Comment

89 days AF..

A little bit worried about my wife and kids who are living in the refuge...Thinking of every losses I have done and
                            thinking of them,either I can accept her or can reject ..just living in limbo !
                            There is nothing battling with Alcohol .
                            Dix

Comment

Well done Dix on 90 days! Life is not perfect without AL but we're able to make sound decisions and deal with things as they come. Aren't you in a much better position to address your family issues now instead of where you were 90 days ago? I'm glad to see the alcohol struggles are going away.
                              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

allswell;1361624 wrote: Well done Dix on 90 days! Life is not perfect without AL but we're able to make sound decisions and deal with things as they come. Aren't you in a much better position to address your family issues now instead of where you were 90 days ago? I'm glad to see the alcohol struggles are going away.
                                Allswell,

To be honest, I do not have any Al craving at all now .It was from the very beginning when I started my 90 days .May be its because of my huge losses like health,prestige,family( this happened in my life which I never think of it ),property etc.Now I feel energetic physically and find me younger,I don't eat or drink the stuff which I believe not good for my health.I am now more focused to rebuild my mental inventory.
                                I hope you are also doing well.Do you have any specific thread started by you that you would like refer to me ?
                                Dix

Comment

Working...
                                X