Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAM it hits me like a ton of bricks

hi all,
    I just wanted to say Howdy. I am 140 days tomorrow. I must admit it does get easier.. but every now and then BAM it hits me like a ton of bricks.. and i ache for that drink.. it will make my mouth water just thinking about it.. then POOF its gone,, it happened just today driving home from the grocery store.

however, I noticed 1 thing today. The POOF's come faster every time and the BAM's are much further apart. so i think i can cope with this.. but i anticipate more BAM's when we start camping season..

anyway.. all is good. sun is shining, everyone is healthy. 1 year old dog hans't pooped on the floor lately.. what more could i ask for.. heehee

Keep the faith everyone, seriously if you read my past threads its a miracle i made it this far... so if I can do it, honestly, ANYONE can.. I truly believe that. I was in a hopelss place... take 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day at a time.

Caper
    caper
    AF since Sept 2013...
    :alf:

Awesome post Caper! Happy May 24th to you!
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Wow Caper, I know what you mean. I had the same experience while I was out gardening today. I thought, I have worked hard, now I should have a nice glass of red wine and survey my work. Oh yeah, I don't drink anymore. The thought was gone pretty quick.
      We have to watch out for those sneaky thoughts. Al is pretty crafty.
      R4L
      Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Caper,

I TOTALLY relate. Today I am on day 147 and Friday I had a huge BAM moment...thank goodness the POOF moment came along pretty quickly. I even considered quitting Antabuse (for about 7 seconds)....then my rational mind stepped back in. We can do this...hell, we ARE doing it! Keep it up!!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
        X