DriftyAlison0 has made it to 1 year AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to 1 year AF! My life has changed. This day last year was another day 1 for me. But this time it was different in that I knew more then I did in my previous attempts, I felt ready for it, and I didn't keep this to myself. And though it had its hard times, I managed to make it a year without a drink. It can be done! I feel better about myself. Gone are the days when I wake up with a hangover and regret drinking and swear off drinking then, just to plan for the next time hours later. Gone are the days where I get cut off (only happened 1 time) and the times where I needed help to the cab. Gone are the days where I threw up because I ether drank too much (2 times) or was hungover. Gone are the days that I fight not to eat till I get the shakes because I was hungover and was afraid to puke it up (I would eat just enough to take headache pills but that was it). Now onto the sober days, the mornings after a night out where I feel proud to be sober and hangover free. Onto helping more people to get to their 1 year anniversaries. My goal now is to reach for 2 years af next year. I will still take it ODAAT and I will still use my support group because I know that just because I am at 1 year af, does not mean that I am in the clear. I have heard too many stories of people falling off the wagon after 1 year so I know that I still need to keep a lookout and keep my support group close. One bit of advice for those struggling/new to their quit, if you feel that you are going to cave in, come hang out here instead. Quitting is the easy part, staying quit requires the work. But the work is well worth it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

I am so proud of you girl. Let's make the next sober....both of us!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1320185 wrote: I made it to 1 year AF! My life has changed. This day last year was another day 1 for me. But this time it was different in that I knew more then I did in my previous attempts, I felt ready for it, and I didn't keep this to myself. And though it had its hard times, I managed to make it a year without a drink. It can be done! I feel better about myself. Gone are the days when I wake up with a hangover and regret drinking and swear off drinking then, just to plan for the next time hours later. Gone are the days where I get cut off (only happened 1 time) and the times where I needed help to the cab. Gone are the days where I threw up because I ether drank too much (2 times) or was hungover. Gone are the days that I fight not to eat till I get the shakes because I was hungover and was afraid to puke it up (I would eat just enough to take headache pills but that was it). Now onto the sober days, the mornings after a night out where I feel proud to be sober and hangover free. Onto helping more people to get to their 1 year anniversaries. My goal now is to reach for 2 years af next year. I will still take it ODAAT and I will still use my support group because I know that just because I am at 1 year af, does not mean that I am in the clear. I have heard too many stories of people falling off the wagon after 1 year so I know that I still need to keep a lookout and keep my support group close. One bit of advice for those struggling/new to their quit, if you feel that you are going to cave in, come hang out here instead. Quitting is the easy part, staying quit requires the work. But the work is well worth it.
      RIGHT ON DRIFTY!!!!! That is truly a GREAT achievement.....continue to stay strong. Sometimes when people post, I can actually hear the conviction shinning through, and you are one of those people. Your strength is to be envied.

But, I totally see how after one year people can fall off. Ive been talking a LOT about it with my wife. When I had the ONE YEAR date in my sights, I had some motivation.

Now, it just kind of feels like now what? I think the summer months are also harder not to reach for some AL, thank goodness for AF beer I guess

Here's your well deserved, hard to come by
      Attached files [img]/converted_files/1860808=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Drifty (and NELZ!! How did I miss your one year??) I am so happy for both of you!! Isn't it amazing, in so many ways, I still feel like it was yesterday that I was drinking. It is such a feeling of intense pride to be a year sober!! It's one of our crowning achievements, wouldn't you say? So right you are about staying sober...sometimes I worry about the over bearing friend who says, here have a sip of this fruity drink...and taking a sip and then...fast forward to HELL. Then I say to myself, I will not take sips of anything that I consider to be Battery Acid....So that keeps me going.
        It is amazing that we have been able to finally find our quit with the help of these people here! It's a powerful tool...the power of friends!!
        Here's to the next year!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welldone. another mwo member joins the year sober club. people like you.prove to others that it can be done
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hooray Drifty!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Comment

Great job Drifty! It's so nice to see so many of us make it to the 1 year mark(and beyond)!
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

:cheering:Congratulations Drifty on 1 year AF:cheering:

A fantastic achievement, am so pleased for you and thank you for staying around to support others. You are an inspiration to me, proof that it can be done.

Here's to your year 2 and beyond xx

Comment

FANTASTIC!!! Well done to you Alison. You are a STAR!
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Drifty,
                    I am SO proud of you. Thank you for being such a big part of this community. I can always count on you for words of wisdom/advice. I've enjoyed getting to "know" you. You are a wonderful person and you deserve all the good things happening to you. Keep up your great work, and keep on working with the animals (besides us here at MWO)
                    Love,
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Huge Drifty on year AF!!!

:goodjob:You must be very proud of yourself and well you should be.
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:goodjob::wave::disco:Congrats, DA!

Comment

Drifty I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Your willingness to put it out there each and every day in the last year + has my sincere respect and admiration! A star INDEED! XO
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS DRIFTY!!!

Awesome achievement, you deserve to feel incredibly proud of yourself.
                            I look forward to celebrating year 2 with you.

:yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

Chill
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Great job Drifty!!!! I always like reading your positive posts. Af cheers to you and your success!
                              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X