Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking about tonight. Do any of you do something special for Valentines Day?
    Hubster(just oner of his many nick names) and I usaully pick up chinese take out and watch A Affair to Remember. The one with Cary Grant/Deborah Kerr. I always cry and so does big guy. Been doing it that way for 15 years. Please hope with me that the roads get clear enough that he can make it home tonight. It would be the 1st Valentines Day apart. I was laughing with him the other day that when I had my 1st date at 16 he was only 9 years old. Just hit me as something funny to share.
    Smiles always
    Mar

I have never been a fan of this holiday, probably because I was awkwardly tall growing up and boys never gave me valentines while all of my friends got them. No wonder I drink!!!

Usually hubby and I make cards for each other, but I could not even be bothered with that this year. So we asked each other to be each other's valentines today and that was about it.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Now Lushy - that's not right!!

If you ask me, anyone under 5' 9" stopped growing too soon! Luckily, my wife just made the cutoff :l :l

Of course, no offense to any MWO'ter under 5' 9" (everyone's beautiful here), and hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day. :h :h
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Lushious, I am an incurable romantic, and I think the fact that you to still ask each other to be your Valentines is very sweet. I, like you, growing up never got the valentines. I was the fat girl. But lost the weight in my teen years. Then got my valentines
        Mar

Comment

Wish I had gone to school with you AA!

Enjoy your movie and takeout tonight Simey!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

AA well at 4' 11" i guess that i'm a little small for you ....... no offence taken ....

Simey my hopes are with you that hubster makes it home for you tonight, he sounds like a lovely guy ...

Love to all as usual xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Yellow roses are my favorite and guess who just popped into my work to deliver me one? Yep, hubby! Just a single yellow rose. It's all I ever want.

AA, I am the shortest "kid" in my family at 5'9". My sister is 6' and brother is even taller. The doctor says that both of my daughters will be around 6' when they are done growing. Have any sons that feel the same way you do? Being tall is so hard for girls during the dating years.

Happy Valentines day everyone!!!!!
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hey Diditforme, Raising some supermodels are you? I have notice a trend of girls being very tall. My neighbor has 2 and I swear there legs alone are 4ft long. I'm 5'10 and it is good to be tall. The single yellow rose hand delivered very romantic. Have a special day
                mar

Comment

Working...
                X