Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOWN,WAY DOWN BUT NOT OUT

Hi on Sunday friends
    I am feeling very down/depressed today. I certainly don't want to drink, but then I don't want to do anything else either.
    I'm thinking of the song "Looking for a Lady" by Dan Fogelberg. There's a line that says "my life just isn't going the way I thought it was supposed to." That sort of sums up my feeling today.
    The cat went nuts again a few nights ago, so I'm going to have to do something with that scenario. Money is an issue, after $700 for her stuff and $3000 for a dental implant.
    I don't do anything fun. I don't have any close friends to whine to.
    My lease is up in September and I need to move from this place, but I don't see how I'll be able to at this point. Money-wise.
    I haven't been like this in a long time. Feeling like sleeping to avoid this awful feeling.
    The bf situation is stupid and needs to be resolved. By resolved I mean WALK AWAY.
    It's just not a good day for me, and I'm hoping for a better tomorrow.

Thanks all for being here.

Aww Ann,love.

You've done the best thing getting it off your chest here than drowning your woes in a bottle.

There'll always be someone here to listen.

Sending you a cyber :l

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Jackie

I hope to be better tomorrow

Comment

Hi Ann

Feeling the same as you, bar the bf, cat & dental implant. Staying sober though.

A :l from me too. Wishing a cheerier tomorrow for us both :h
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Please be calm , close your eyes and take a long breathing and scan your problems that may help you for a while .Then have a nice rest and you will get better tomorrow.
          Please remember,
          day-Night
          dark-light
          depression-happiness
          positive -negative
          rain-sunshine
          etc....
          I am sending a big hope to you !
          Dix
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hi Ann - sorry you are feeling down. Stress is probably the number one factor that drives people back to seeking relief through alcohol. I want to give you KUDOS for coming here and thinking through your feelings. That is really something tremendous. Exceptional. It is a sign of your changing brain and the new and positive pathways you are building.

Is there a way you can get out right now and just move? Vigorous exercise unleashes that feel good dopamine in our brains. When I feel overwhelmed emotionally...I go do something really physical. I force all the worrisome stuff out of the head space and hyper-focus on the little stuff going on around me...the way the air smells...the textures under my feet...the colors of the trees....you get the idea. It's like meditation on the move. If you can't get out...you can just flail about inside. Really! Turn on the radio or jam on an ipod and just let yourself go with abandon. If you really want to finish off with a cherry on top....spend just 2 minutes and write down everything you are thankful for. Gratitude also unleashes the natural feel good chemicals in the brain.

You need a break. This won't solve your problems...but it will let your mind rest for a bit. Another nice side effect from this - You will have also oxygenated your brain...and THAT will help you think more clearly when it's time to think again.

This will pass...I promise. You are already getting through this and you will be even stronger.
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turnagian,

1.You idea about physical exercise to release dopamine in brain is really appreciated.I like to add one more idea when do we carry out an exercise we could shout/cry/weep etc. to get them out the evil thoughts.But it largely depends on the place if we are allowed to do so or not .If not we can act/feel them but without any noise.

2. Oxygen : We feel tired,worried if we do not have sufficient oxygen in our brain so exercise and long breathing can help to regenerate Oxygen in our mind.

I think you are hilarious !
              Dix
              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hi Anne,
                It does sound like you are very overwhelmed at the moment. I agree about stepping away for a bit. Perhaps taking a nice long walk, soaking up the beautiful weather and scenery around you. Then, perhaps tomorrow, deal with the cat. It sounds like you have done all that you can do with this cat without incurring a lot of costly treatments and care and even then, there is no guarantee that the cat will be well. Don't allow yourself to feel guilty about the cat. As for the BF, that would be my next step. I have no idea what your situation with the BF is, but, sometimes, relationships are not meant to be a lifetime or even a long times.....they just run there course. Cut him loose and move on! Really, this is the kindest thing to do for both of you! Once you have dealt with these two nagging, emotional issues, you will be able to figure out the lease and the need to move.

At times, I have also found myself overwhelmed by the need to deal with multiple issues that I never planned. But, I have also realized that once I finally deal with these issues, I feel a great sense of relief and clarity. Then I always wonder what took me so long to finally act!!

Have you ever tried the Bach Flower Remedy called "Rescue Remedy"? I swear by it! You can research it online.

Best Wishes, to you, Ann xx

By the way....well done on your realization not to drink. We all know what that would do....Arghhh!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Thanks Kate and everyone. It's now 7:30 Sunday night and I am feeling exhausted. No reason to feel ehausted except for depression. I hope that when I wake up tomorrow I'll feel much better.

Comment

Working...
                  X