Celebs / Drug Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

As I grew up and watched TV and looked through magazines I didn't pay too much attention to celebrities that had issues with drug and/or alcohol.
    Now that I am an addict myself I am surprised to hear all the celebs that did have issues...or struggle with issues themselves right now as some of us are.
    For example, I had no idea Britney Spears actually had a drug and alcohol addiction - I heard she went "crazy" but that was it...

Some celebs that have/had issues with drug and alcohol.

Britney Spears
    Lindsay Lohan (I am sure everyone thought of her first!)
    Kate Moss
    Joaquin Phoenix
    Johnny Cash
    Yasmine Bleeth
    Nicole Richie
    Paris Hilton
    Drew Barrymore
    Robert Downey Jr
    Charlie Sheen
    Craig Ferguson
    Whitney Houston
    Amy Winehouse
    Pete Doherty
    Tim Allen
    Robin Williams
    Kristin Davis (I had no idea!)

The list goes on and on! These are just celebs.
    Addiction doesn't discriminate!

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

Hey Bris

Addiction has no socioeconomic boundaries. Many many people are suffering and noone outside of a tight inner circle may know it.
    There are lots of high functioning addicts of all sorts who seem to have it all together.
    Unfortunately some see addiction as a "choice", a moral failure or other such derogatory nonsense.
    I believe that often the low self esteem sometimes associated with addiction sets up a vicious circle-one leads to the other and back again and again.

Comment

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

I had no idea Tim Allen had an issue.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

Ann 221;1323930 wrote: Addiction has no socioeconomic boundaries. Many many people are suffering and noone outside of a tight inner circle may know it.
        There are lots of high functioning addicts of all sorts who seem to have it all together.
        Unfortunately some see addiction as a "choice", a moral failure or other such derogatory nonsense.
        I believe that often the low self esteem sometimes associated with addiction sets up a vicious circle-one leads to the other and back again and again.
        Ann,

You are true that Celeb. needs energy and high esteem to perform their tasks among the huge mass so they used to take assistance of drug and alcohol.There is no questions that these poisons offer ecstasy and raise self esteem in the beginning of use. Slowly they become addiction and celebrities go down in their middle of their success.
        I remember that I used to consume alcohol before I go for my exam and got huge success for couple of years I never been second in my life until my MBA degree.Now, I rarely could remember a name of newly made friends or even forget very close old friends.Brain has gone down because of this poison.

Briseus,
        You seems young so you can regenerate your brain function in short period if you give up this booze So please be strong on your desire so that you would not bogged down by this evil habits.
        Wish you all the best,
        Dixon
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

Hi Drifty:

I have been meaning to post to you for ages! Not only to congrat you on the fabuloso ONE YEAR but to tell you that when you started a year ago I had logged in and discovered by chance that I was 5 days behind you and so I started following your posts. I had no idea who you were or what your story was but you were May 21, 2011 and I was May 16 (or thereabouts) and I just thought that was so odd, such a coincidence that here was this perfect stranger waging the same battle I was at almost the SAME TIME ! Made me feel very connected. Well I did follow you for a long time and then I had that 'lost the WEB SITE problem nd then I just struggled and eventually went back to it, not so bad this time but 'back'.

Anyway just wanted to say a thank you for your invisible support in getting me going. I am trying a agin! Have seven days with one slip...
          Thanks and Congrats again. You are an inspiration!!
          XXOO
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

PS: There's a great scene from Post Cards The Edge where the Meryl Streep character is having a dream where sh eis walking down an endless corridor lined with big pictures of celebs all dead from drug overdoses. Very creepy...
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Celebs / Drug Alcohol

For me

its Steven Tyler. I grew up in the 80's and the wild life was celebrated. I wanted to be like them....a party every night ST has a great book out, but mostly I admire him for paving the way for celebs. Even though he fell again.....he is open and honest about it. And good god if he can get sober....so can I. I wish I had access to all the great rehabs he did.....but, also he is littered with much more temptation than I. I also, saw a great interview with Rob Lowe....and who can disagree that he fell hard. I am just glad that my life is not on display I'll never make the cover of US magazine....thank God!

Comment

Working...
              X